Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know there are many scriptures that say to trust God and not to worry about things etc. Would if you're dealing with a situation where you are being harassed/maliciously humiliated and the police don't have enough proof to take action, there is literally no defense....excep e for God. Will God step in or continue to watch this happen while leaving the victim defenseless? Os it realistic to not worry and to just be totally confident god will make the perpetrator go away?

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
I know there are many scriptures that say to trust God and not to worry about things etc. Would if you're dealing with a situation where you are being harassed/maliciously humiliated and the police don't have enough proof to take action, there is literally no defense....excep e for God. Will God step in or continue to watch this happen while leaving the victim defenseless? Os it realistic to not worry and to just be totally confident god will make the perpetrator go away?
Jesus was victimized to death by predators who harassed and humiliated him. Some times God delivered him, like when they threatened to stone him at the beginning of his ministry. Some times it's God's will to be victimized in which you have say, "Not my will but yours be done".

Concerning fear, note that in Gethsame Jesus was initially stressed out. But then he prayed and God sent an Angel to strengthen him. This is much along the line of Php 4:6,7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That my friend is a very good question.

I agree, God wants us to have faith, but the fact is, and he knows this as well as we do, we don't always know if he will choose to intervene or not.

And since we don't know that, maybe we should be concerned, do the best we can to deal with something, then just trust him and "try" not to worry. Then hopefully, if we are living right, good will come of these things, or our prayers answered in the end, and we will realize there was nothing to worry about all along, then the next time we will worry a little less.

However it is absolutely true, no matter what, worry in itself will change nothing, and in certain cases it's nearly impossible not to. So maybe we can just get better at not worrying as we are given good reasons not to, as in what I mentioned.

The story of David and Goliath, they all worried, and God didn't hold it a against them, and still helped them out, so he does understand, for what that's worth.

I really wish I could do better than that, but I've given this a lot of thought over the last few yrs and that's the best I can do.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Sometimes the Lord takes care of things himself, and sometimes he gives us the means to take care of things for ourselves. Walk with him and trust him.

Upvote 0

Desires Light

Refreshingly different.
Jun 4, 2018
Queensland
✟10,388.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're only a victim in your mind. Of all the thing's you think that will happen, how many of those thing's have happened. If you think 100 bad things will befall you & only one of those thing's befall you, then is it as bad as you imagine? Why fill your mind with negative thoughts, when most of those thoughts never happen.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know there are many scriptures that say to trust God and not to worry about things etc. Would if you're dealing with a situation where you are being harassed/maliciously humiliated and the police don't have enough proof to take action, there is literally no defense....except for God. Will God step in or continue to watch this happen while leaving the victim defenseless? Os it realistic to not worry and to just be totally confident god will make the perpetrator go away?

If someone slaps you on your cheek, turn and let them slap the other.
If a soldier forces you to carry his gear for a mile, carry it two.
Do not resist an evil man.

If you do it Jesus way, you will look like the loser, but if you love those that persecute you, it is actually YOU that is the winner.
Well....you'll have to wait for his return to get your reward.

Upvote 0

Cheylynn

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2017
Vancouver Island
✟112,033.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pretty much the perfect set up to walk by faith (in Christ) and not by sight. This is where you grow your spirit strong and put to death your flesh man as you trust God ahead of all that comes against you. Also a time where you review your own heart before God and make the adjustments to His will as needed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
How does prayer play a roll in all this? If God chooses to not intervene then why pray?
The Lord is involved in everything that happens in the world. He doesn't sit back and "not intervene."

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Lord is involved in everything that happens in the world. He doesn't sit back and "not intervene."

Does that mean that he IS actually doing something POSITIVE in my situation...like holding back the offenders or punishing them?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Does that mean that he IS actually doing something POSITIVE in my situation...like holding back the offenders or punishing them?
We never know exactly what the Lord is doing, but he's doing everything he can to help us.

Upvote 0