livingforJesus-Shaun

I'm back With a thirst
Jul 7, 2002
Cochrane Ontario
Visit site
✟15,256.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Hey, I thank you for all the help and prayers you have given me in the past. I comme seeking help
once again because the Lord said seek and you shall find. This time its for a new friend whom
has recently given his life to the lord in the last few months. He dove right in holding back
absolutely nothing. I’m really proud of him He has given up all his pride except the prided he has
for the Lord Jesus. I’ve been a strong believer for about 3 years and in the few months that he’s
been Christian he has surpass me in everything the Lord seems to be using him often. I’m really
glad for him and have been learning from him. Unfortunately my Supposable Christian friends
are always accusing him of being a fraud and call him gay they never want him around. They
beat him and treat him really badly. I’ve walk in on my friend crying a few times and depressed.
I’ve never seen someone so on fire for Christ. I’m afraid they mite cause him to loose his faith.
He doesn’t deserve to be persecuted by people let alone to be persecuted by fellow Christians.
What should I do to make his walk toward and for Christ Jesus more enjoyable and easy. Please
help I’m praying for him and I would love if you people could pray for him to. His Name is Josh.
Thanks. Any advice you have please reply as if you were talking to him because I will be printing
this out and giving it to him Thanks again.

YouthPastor

Name = Brett
Feb 11, 2003
Visit site
✟8,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What should I do to make his walk toward and for Christ Jesus more enjoyable and easy

Jesus never said our life would be easy. As far as enjoyable - by who's standards?  Paul had joy yet he was beaten many times.  Jesus actually said that if we wanted to follow him we would be persecuted.

By the way, who persecuted Jesus?  The religious people!!!

How does he react when these kids treat him like they do?

Iw ould say they are jealous.  They see the passion and the zeal that he has - that they do not have even though they have been christians longer.

What can you do - Be there for him.  Stand up to the others, who call themselves christians.  Point out to them that what they are doing is wrong!  It may cost you friends but hey - what's more important.

Upvote 0

livingforJesus-Shaun

I'm back With a thirst
Jul 7, 2002
Cochrane Ontario
Visit site
✟15,256.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Today at 08:22 AM YouthPastor said this in Post #2
How does he react when these kids treat him like they do?

He acts whit love and forgivenesse and he always commes back but i can see its taking away from him. I don`t understand why they don`t just show him love and forgiveness in return (it would be the Better thing to do) For Christians the seem to deny Christ by everything they do. How would i go at pointing this out whit out insulting them.

Upvote 0

YouthPastor

Name = Brett
Feb 11, 2003
Visit site
✟8,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First - get some verses together on how we should treat other people - especially how we should treat other christians.  if you need help finding some let me know and I will post some verses.

One I like is 2 Cor. 5:16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view.

The way they are treating him  definately is not christian.

Matt 7:16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

The actions and the way they are treating him shows that they have problems spiritually.  Point out to them that the way they are treating him is worng!

Be humble, yet firm.  While, I would not try to insult them, I would not worry about it either.  They need to understand that what they are doing is sin.  If they cause this guy to fall - they WILL be held accountable to God

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's no fire like friendly fire. It cuts the deepest.
Your friend should focus on his relationship with Jesus. I learned, painfully, that Jesus is cool in spite of the people who claim to believe in Him. Jesus loves your friend and I'm sure he rejoices at the fire in his heart. Don't let these sorry examples throw water on that fire. Tell him that. There is no excuse to cut down your brothers and sisters.

Upvote 0

savedchickonatrain2heaven

High speed, Low drag.
Oct 21, 2002
Korea for the time being.
✟15,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, bro. I'm really sorry to hear about all that. Be sure to give your friend a huge hug for me, k? My suggestions would be like what the others have already said. Encourage your friend and correct those that are treating him this way. Let him know that there are people praying for him that he doesn't even know. :) Spend time in the Word with him. Pray with him. Be a bro and just be there for him. Tell him how YOU feel about him. Don't let the others get him down. You're in my prayers, buddy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MY-LIFE-IS-IN-YOU-LORD

I am a Princess because MY DADDY is the KING of KI
Feb 25, 2003
gaston, sc
Visit site
✟164.00
the main verse that comes to mind is .....

Matthew 5:11-12

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great s your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Josh stay srong and let the LORD fight your battles for you!

:kiss:
:hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.