Brennenstuhl

Dec 13, 2016
Bowling Green, Kentucky
✟11,527.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why do you say “ God doesn't damn everyone but the Methodists”?
Also, no I have no good Christian friends in town and my husband is a nonbeliever
I didn’t mean God damned Methodists, I was just trying to say he isn’t especially picky about denomination. I would say to look for the churches that are growing. The reason is either that it’s wishy-washy or inaccurate to focus on drawing people in rather than talking about what you need to know, or the Spirit is working within it. Find a Church that’s on fire for Christ, and it doesn’t matter what denomination it is - you’ve found home.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
BPG.. how 'bout I throw a wrench into the works.
Denominations within Christianity are a result of theology, which is merely man's philosophy (opinion) about the aspects of the religion and scripture. At the moment there are over 7 billion people in this world with opinions (hence potentially 7 billion denominations). Now you have a choice, you can create a denomination of your own or follow one ready made, but in the end you are just following someone's opinion and not necessarily what Jesus taught. Never mind that the official State church abandoned Jesus for the world of man 1700 years ago and sought to do so long before that. All that followed regarding Christianity, stayed the same course.

It might be wise as a first step to follow only the opinion of Jesus. His teachings did not serve any denomination, they served the Father. His only gospel was the Gospel of the Kingdom., He did not come to create a religion which begats endless denominations. He came to suggest a way of life alternate to the ways man has created human earthly existance upon.

Simply put, there are two options. No not right/left. One is the will of man (in which right/left fits) and the other is the will of God in which there is no place for the divisive spirit of man.

Man's will serves self, seeks gain at the expense of others and defines good and evil to self justify acts pursuing the aforementioned. God's will loves neighbour as self and is the polar opposite to man's will. There is your real bipolar world. God's will seeks nothing for self.

Work on that concept for a while and if you feel the need to find a denomination to meld you into their image, then seek one that best serves the will of God and not the will of man. Not an easy thing to do.

Be careful. Christianity went back to serving the will of man almost 1700 years ago when it rejoined the State after centuries of trying to legitimize yet another institution of man (while the real Christians simply lived the ways of the Kingdom). This is not to say there aren't good people in Christianity. It is to say the scales within are tipped in favour of the will of man.

Focus not on human theology but on Jesus and loving all neighbours as self, and you can't go wrong. Truth is in scripture, not religion. Religion can serve either side, manor God. Of course the world of man will hate you for not playing by their rules but that particular divisiveness is what it is all about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
At the moment there are over 7 billion people in this world with opinions (hence potentially 7 billion denominations).

Except for the 144,000 who no lie was found in their mouth, they never touched a woman, the ones YAHWEH Identifies IN HIS WORD (and HIS WORD is never wrong).
They are all ECHAD like the ones in the NT,
ECHAD with the FATHER and with JESUS, as they are ECHED.

Thus 7 billion minus 144,000(at least)... :)

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you should reverse the question and ask those of differing denominations, "Why should I choose or join your particular denomination"...?

Cause that would be my question...?

You know the answer. Salesmen selling their own brand of Christianity instead of uniting to follow the will of God.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Maybe you should reverse the question and ask those of differing denominations, "Why should I choose or join your particular denomination"...?

Cause that would be my question...?

God Bless!
Years ago, sadly that it was so many years ago, whenever I saw a congregation/assembly/ home group (of any size),
that radiated , humanly speaking of divine life,
the joy and peace and righteousness of Jesus that is rarely seen in humans anywhere,
they did not "have" to give a reason --- people are hungry and thirsty for living water, for truth and righteousness
and when we see it, we are drawn to it, maybe cautiously at first (because it is so 'new' and 'rare' and most people never see this) , eagerly later ....

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hello. I’m new here.
So, after 5 years of not going to church(I still prayed to Jesus) and backsliding (by not going to church) I am desiring to be closer to God again.
I have several questions about denominations especially in regards to the one true church.
Sabbath keeping churches believe the Roman Catholic Church (and all Sunday keeping churches) is wrong (as in Mark of the beast)
The Catholic Church believes they are the one true church and other denominations are not correct.
Church of Christ believes they are correct.
It gives me great confusion because I am such a spiritual baby.
I also have anxiety and sometimes I start looking online and it scares me (“prophetic” website)
I know to beware of false prophets.
I just don’t know how to discern or choose outside of reading my bible
Do one thing. Attend Mass. Try it out. You can just observe and pray in your heart, you don't have to participate actively. As a non-Catholic, you can not recieve Christ in the Eucharist / Communion, but can follow along with hymns, and the Our Father if you like. Give it a chance, and give yourself a chance, too. God loves you, dear.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You can receive The Messiah in the parking lot if one so chooses. It's simply a matter of rejecting the will of man for the will of God. The Eucharist has it's place as a ceremony of symbolism that Jesus is the food and drink that sustains, not the flesh, but the spiritual body. Use it as you will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums