Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I know what the typical response to this sort of thing is ("we go there for the Eucharist, not to feel good"), so saying that won't miraculously change anything but for the past few weeks I've been feeling a lack of interest and satisfaction on the Liturgy-of-the-Word part of the Mass (the Liturgy-of-the-Eucharist part is fine). Granted, I have too many forces in real life going against me, but I want the all-powerful God to win, not the enemy.

I don't mind giving specifics per se, but I don't want to drag the place down. I'm also worried about other aspects of my faith declining.

Sometimes, I doubt that the things in the New Testament actually happened :(

One good thing though, I believe that the Christian model for salvation is correct. My brain keeps asking "did it really happen though?" I worry about receiving Communion under these circumstances.

It could also be medication making my brain feel numb. It's quite effective otherwise, however.

I'm glad that it's not like Calvinism where, they would tell me that I was never a true believer to begin with. But I still hope that it's not what it means in my case.

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like you are being attacked by a demon. Demons act on feelings, and this one likes to make Christianity feel absurd. You just get this feeling come over you like I am such an idiot for believing this, but Christs resurrection can be historically verified. The Church and the Popes can be historically verified.

If faith was dependent on feelings we would not hold fast to anything but be tossed to and frow in the wind

Get a copy of Deliverance prayers for the laity and pray the binding prayers. God is not met with merely going to Mass and confession, but we must calll on Him in prayer

• Useful
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0