Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think laws should be in place to restrict people from creating guns with a 3d printer to prevent people from using cheap metal or plastic that won't withstand the massive pressures of the bullet being fired.

There is a massive safety hazard if just anyone can whip out a firearm using generic metal or plastic.

I have no problems with law abiding people that know what they're doing making firearms.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟405,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think laws should be in place to restrict people from creating guns with a 3d printer to prevent people from using cheap metal or plastic that won't withstand the massive pressures of the bullet being fired.

There is a massive safety hazard if just anyone can whip out a firearm using generic metal or plastic.

I have no problems with law abiding people that know what they're doing making firearms.

How would the government Restrict people from printing something without monitoring what they're printing?

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Poor choice of words.
Government should discourage with laws, people from being idiots and making firearms out of material that can't handle the pressure.

Just like making a plastic gun, laws won't prevent people from making them, just make it criminal to do so.

Maybe even limit the regulation to products to be sold to others. Letting the people experiment at their own risk.

Just like a copier can make copies of money, the 3d printer can make copies of firearms. They might or might not be as good as the original, in the OP the one seems to be pretty good, but it was made by a company that knew what was required.

Should ATF have a building codes section? maybe. LIke local building codes must be met to build a house, such codes must be met to build a firearm to sell?

Then again, people would say ATF would have a tracking device put in them to monitor where they are.

Wait, is this gun illegal? Does it have a serial number? YOu know the number that is a felony to remove from a firearm?

No, I am not saying laws will prevent the crimes from happening. jUst that they will discourage law abiding from attempting it.

Upvote 0