World War Three About to Start in Syria?

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not to alarm anyone, or to claim any particular prophetic insight, but could this be the start of world war three, which some believe is Russia and its confederates being destroyed to the north of Israel (Syria) by fire and also some believe takes place before the rapture?

As Assad teeters, Israel prepares for battle to secure chemical weapons | Fox News

Interesting. Could a fight to secure and control Syrias Chemical weapons lead to this?

Peace...

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Even though chaos seems to be the order of the day in Syria, it’s doubtful if Syria will develop into a major regional conflict – anyway, it’s just one of a number of similar conflicts that are occurring now in the Middle East and North Africa. The supposed ‘Arab-spring’ which has turned out to be an ‘Arab-winter’ or nightmare has turned a number of once strong countries into feudal fiefdoms which if nothing else should serve to undermine the resolve of these countries to attack Israel.

The only way that the conflict could spread into the surrounding countries is if another major power intervenes. As Russia would be the only super power that could intervene on the side of the Syrian government, this means that things should remain internal as Russia currently has no interest in this region or seemingly with any region outside of its own CIS borders. There is a possibility that Israel might see the need to scare away any combatants if their antics get a bit too close to the Golan Heights and even here we are currently seeing newsreels where the Israeli's have organised tour groups so that they can watch and hear the fighting near to their borders.

There are two outcomes of this civil war which seems to be fuelled by the Sunni Muslims who are persecuting the Shiite majority. If the government wins the battle which could possibly be the case if the rebels and the Syrian Free Army are unable to gain heavy weapons from outside, then we will end up having a country that will be financially crippled for many years to come. If the Sunni’s and their apparent allies El Qaeda win power, then they will continue to persecute the Shiite majority and establish a new militant Islamic state which may end up placing pressure on Israel sometime in the future.

As for Syria or even a coalition of Arab countries attempting to conquer Israel, I would think that by now these countries would have realised that they are not a match for Israel which means that they will have to wait for a super-power to help them out and as Russia seems to be strangely enough, the only peace-maker in the region, then things should remain quite for years to come. Undoubtedly, most Arab leaders would realise that if Jerusalem felt that they were about to succumb to Arab armies that they would simply take the nuclear option to remove their enemies; so for the time being I suspect that the only viable solution for the Arabs is to continue to offer tacit support to the Palestinians even though most regional Arab governments seem to treat them as if they were gypsies they at least they serve the Arab desire to try and undermine Israel.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I read earlier in the week about the weapons moving to the Israeli border, I had the thought wondering how far away we were from Tisha b'Av. To my dismay, I looked it up and we are in it this weekend, specifically, now.

It's not certain, but given the history of this day, it wouldn't surprise me if it's the day something finally breaks.

Isaiah 17 has yet to be fulfilled, and I have no desire to see it fulfilled. The loss will be tragic, but certain. However, it might be the next big prophetic event fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
With regard to the supposed chemical weapon stash, even if Israel bombs this facility or sends in commandos it will be considered as a minor infraction on their part and there will be nothing that the ‘new’ Syria will be able to do about it; for that matter there’s nothing that the current Syria could even do.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stevelee the rapture thing is debatable, but that's not for here. No where in the Bible does it say that WW3 will be the battle of Armageddon. Yes Armageddon will be where all nations gather to battle in the Valley of Megiddo, but it could be WW4 or 5...

Reactions: dkbwarrior
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Stevelee the rapture thing is debatable, but that's not for here. No where in the Bible does it say that WW3 will be the battle of Armageddon. Yes Armageddon will be where all nations gather to battle in the Valley of Megiddo, but it could be WW4 or 5...
The WW3 question before the return of the Lord is an interesting one. If the Lord were to return in the next 20 years, it is hard to see the current world powers, being the EU, Russia, US and China becoming involved in an all out war.

The EU and Russia would have little interest in holding a stoush as Europe needs Russian gas and oil and of course Russia needs to keep its finances strong by selling oil and gas to the EU. As for the US taking on Russia, this will certainly never happen and that sort of leaves China who seems to have little if any interest in countries that do not join its own borders.

Could there ever be a major fight between these major nuclear powers, well I doubt it and I suppose this is one of the ‘blessings’ of nuclear weapons in that it helps to keep these often antagonistic powers at bay.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You still have three major conflicts over there I'm aware of.

The first are neighbors if Israel invading with the purpose of wiping them out as a nation (Ps 83)

The second is one called the Gog/Magog invasion of Ezekiel 38 and 39 which consists of nations not currently neighboring Israel, with a different purpose of taking spoil (Eze 38-39).

And then a final campaign where the Antichrist in involved. Daniel 11:40-45 details the tactics of this one. in this case, the nations of North Africa attack the AC. He then goes out and fails to subdue the current land of Jordan (where the Jews had fled to when the abomination took place), but defeats the nations of North Africa. He then is greatly alarmed at news of the armies of the east and north coming on him. He withdrawals to meet them in the Valley of Megiddo and is defeated at the Lord's return.

Three major conflicts, all with different participants, different motives, and different outcomes.

Reactions: dkbwarrior
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that Ps 83 could have been fulfilled already in the previous wars of Israel, the war of Independence, the 56 War, the 6 day war, the Yom Kippur War of 73? Just curious....

No, because the attacking nations were not completely consumed and there is still a Palestinian refugee issue, called the "tents of Edom" in that Psalms, signifying a refugee situation, just like the one we have now.

Obadiah is a book specifically designed to outline the complete destruction of that particular people group, and will likely be fulfilled, at least in part, with the Psalm 83 invasion.

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You still have three major conflicts over there I'm aware of.

The first are neighbors if Israel invading with the purpose of wiping them out as a nation (Ps 83)

The second is one called the Gog/Magog invasion of Ezekiel 38 and 39 which consists of nations not currently neighboring Israel, with a different purpose of taking spoil (Eze 38-39).

And then a final campaign where the Antichrist in involved. Daniel 11:40-45 details the tactics of this one. in this case, the nations of North Africa attack the AC. He then goes out and fails to subdue the current land of Jordan (where the Jews had fled to when the abomination took place), but defeats the nations of North Africa. He then is greatly alarmed at news of the armies of the east and north coming on him. He withdrawals to meet them in the Valley of Megiddo and is defeated at the Lord's return.

Three major conflicts, all with different participants, different motives, and different outcomes.

Good concise explanation. Although many see Psalm 89 and Eze 38-39 and Isaiah 17 as all part of the same kinda long drawn out events of WW3. Starting regionally with Israels neigbors then drawing in Russia, (which would then likely draw in the US).

I find your take on the AC interesting. So you don't believe that he has world domination? I kinda think so also, though others say different.

Peace...

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good concise explanation. Although many see Psalm 89 and Eze 38-39 and Isaiah 17 as all part of the same kinda long drawn out events of WW3. Starting regionally with Israels neigbors then drawing in Russia, (which would then likely draw in the US).

I find your take on the AC interesting. So you don't believe that he has world domination? I kinda think so also, though others say different.

Peace...

Are you familiar with the Barcelona process? It's a merging of the EU and the Mediterranean unions. Check out a map of it and you will see it is almost an exact match of the boundaries of the Roman Empire.

Euro-Mediterranean Partnership - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, even if it's 10 regions of this super-union, or 10 world economic regions as laid out already by the Club of Rome, Daniel 7:23 says he will end up devouring the whole world, but during that particular regional campaign, the area containing the Jews who fled will be protected and not fall into his hands.

Think about where the AC will be with his armies at that time he's defeating North Africa. Now consider the recent agreement between Saudi and China, where Saudi will provide a couple decades of free oil in exchange for nuclear technology now. If the AC is taking over these oil fields, China might have a real issue with that, enough to send its armies for war.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you familiar with the Barcelona process? It's a merging of the EU and the Mediterranean unions. Check out a map of it and you will see it is almost an exact match of the boundaries of the Roman Empire.

Euro-Mediterranean Partnership - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, even if it's 10 regions of this super-union, or 10 world economic regions as laid out already by the Club of Rome, Daniel 7:23 says he will end up devouring the whole world, but during that particular regional campaign, the area containing the Jews who fled will be protected and not fall into his hands.

Think about where the AC will be with his armies at that time he's defeating North Africa. Now consider the recent agreement between Saudi and China, where Saudi will provide a couple decades of free oil in exchange for nuclear technology now. If the AC is taking over these oil fields, China might have a real issue with that, enough to send its armies for war.

If you read that though it says the process has largely stalled as of 2006ish... but that is very interesting...

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey, you guys remember how World War 3 was about to start in Iran last year? And it was going to start in Israel the year before that? I think the year before that, North Korea was going to start World War 3 by nuking the West coast? I wonder where and why World War 3 is about to start next year?

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, you guys remember how World War 3 was about to start in Iran last year? And it was going to start in Israel the year before that? I think the year before that, North Korea was going to start World War 3 by nuking the West coast? I wonder where and why World War 3 is about to start next year?

To fit the evangelical view of prophetic events, it would have to involve Syria (Damascus) and Northern Israel specifically I believe.

Peace...

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
To fit the evangelical view of prophetic events, it would have to involve Syria (Damascus) and Northern Israel specifically I believe.

Peace...
Sure. Until you guys decide some other country is about to tick over and Revelations is reinterpreted to make them look like the right fit.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There is also the WW3 was the Cold War that involved many nations around the world. A lot of skirmishes by puppet countries from the 50's to the 80's.

Personally, I don't see any reason the next WW has to be the war that brings in the AC any more than WW1 or WW2 did.

Upvote 0