✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guys,

I pulled a summer job in a photo studio. I sweat to death in it. No air conditioner. I get to the point where my ears almost pop and I want to faint. I only pulled it as a summer job because I work in education and I have a pretty little student loan. I'm married and I don't want my husband to pay a cent towards it.

I really don't want the job. It is not like what I thought it would be. I do the job, but it seems like it's not good enough. I was judged for pictures that my manager helped me do. She was the one judging them. It was really her doing the shoot, I just took the picture- she posed, helped the client, etc. I have been nervous but steady in prayer over this job this whole summer (since May). I had to practice sessions on family. My cousin asked if my manager was nice. My aunt said she thought that she was too hard on me (this is the red flag that made me worry). These comments after the first time my manager spoke to them. I thought it was just the way she talked. I already know how to do my job, it's just that I can't seem to give her what she wants. I already do this job professionally for myself, I just have slow traffic due to the overload of "cheap pictures" in the area I live in, so I decided to try something different.

My manager can really be a team player, I just don't understand her even though she is super empathetic. Maybe that is just how she is in the beginning??? Not sure. She wants me to stay through the Christmas season because she can "work around my first job's hours." I now have a full time job, and I will lose my sanity in this place. Only 3 days a month is all I have to work, but after a 40 hr week where I drive about 1:10 to get there and 1:10 back home, I can't do that! Even clients are not happy with her. Other photographers in the studio have the worst customer service. One almost made a client cry. It was super sad. I almost walked out that day. It made me so mad. That photographer was also off the clock shooting under my name. Which is A OK with me, but she cut into another session's time. I had to rebook that one. I love having excellent customer service.

Rant almost over. I am just so uncomfortable working there. My new job only lasts 9 weeks and I cannot continue to work at the studio while working full-time. I took a vacation week just so I wouldn't have to go in. I book fake sessions under family member's names and #s just so I don't feel rushed and sweat to the point that I pass out because I have to work alone. My boss says cuss words that triggers past thoughts (anxiety and OCD over here). I mean she says she's a Christian and she sits around saying MF and GD and I mean it's not because she's mad, just casual and that kills me for someone to say God's good name in vain. It sticks in my mind.

How do I write this notice? I feel like she has put a lot of effort in me. I hate working her to death to help me for me to turn around and leave. She KNOWS that I only wanted a summer job. Prayers please. I start a new job in August. My husband works out of town (who knows how long), and I live in a house that gives me the creeps and then strangers show up and it just gives me the creeps because I live so far off the road.

• Prayers
Reactions: tturt

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would give a reasonable notice (in many jobs two weeks is sufficient...in mine, I am contractually obligated to give three months, so « reasonable » may vary), as that is the decent thing to do, but would quit as soon as reasonably possible.

Unless, and this would play a big role in my decision, I absolutely needed the money, in which case I would try to stick it out until the end of the summer, but I don’t think I would in any way stay through the Christmas season.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟484,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only 3 days a month is all I have to work

If you made a commitment to work the summer you should finish the job. Especially if it's only 3 days a month. It sounds like a great lesson in how to get along with difficult people.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Guys,

I pulled a summer job in a photo studio. I sweat to death in it. No air conditioner. I get to the point where my ears almost pop and I want to faint. I only pulled it as a summer job because I work in education and I have a pretty little student loan. I'm married and I don't want my husband to pay a cent towards it.

I really don't want the job. It is not like what I thought it would be. I do the job, but it seems like it's not good enough. I was judged for pictures that my manager helped me do. She was the one judging them. It was really her doing the shoot, I just took the picture- she posed, helped the client, etc. I have been nervous but steady in prayer over this job this whole summer (since May). I had to practice sessions on family. My cousin asked if my manager was nice. My aunt said she thought that she was too hard on me (this is the red flag that made me worry). These comments after the first time my manager spoke to them. I thought it was just the way she talked. I already know how to do my job, it's just that I can't seem to give her what she wants. I already do this job professionally for myself, I just have slow traffic due to the overload of "cheap pictures" in the area I live in, so I decided to try something different.

My manager can really be a team player, I just don't understand her even though she is super empathetic. Maybe that is just how she is in the beginning??? Not sure. She wants me to stay through the Christmas season because she can "work around my first job's hours." I now have a full time job, and I will lose my sanity in this place. Only 3 days a month is all I have to work, but after a 40 hr week where I drive about 1:10 to get there and 1:10 back home, I can't do that! Even clients are not happy with her. Other photographers in the studio have the worst customer service. One almost made a client cry. It was super sad. I almost walked out that day. It made me so mad. That photographer was also off the clock shooting under my name. Which is A OK with me, but she cut into another session's time. I had to rebook that one. I love having excellent customer service.

Rant almost over. I am just so uncomfortable working there. My new job only lasts 9 weeks and I cannot continue to work at the studio while working full-time. I took a vacation week just so I wouldn't have to go in. I book fake sessions under family member's names and #s just so I don't feel rushed and sweat to the point that I pass out because I have to work alone. My boss says cuss words that triggers past thoughts (anxiety and OCD over here). I mean she says she's a Christian and she sits around saying MF and GD and I mean it's not because she's mad, just casual and that kills me for someone to say God's good name in vain. It sticks in my mind.

How do I write this notice? I feel like she has put a lot of effort in me. I hate working her to death to help me for me to turn around and leave. She KNOWS that I only wanted a summer job. Prayers please. I start a new job in August. My husband works out of town (who knows how long), and I live in a house that gives me the creeps and then strangers show up and it just gives me the creeps because I live so far off the road.

So what you are saying is that you know how to take photos, and you know how to provide customer service, and you can see this place is not doing it.

Babe.... buy yourself a camera and start your own studio. :D For real. You know how to do it. And it is beyond clear that you'll do a better job than those people.... I think you found yourself a nice little side business to bring in some money.

So about that 'uncomfortable' stuff. Clearly this girl is not a Christian. I have learned that pagan people, act like pagan people. We as Christians need to have higher standards for ourselves, and lower standards for others. One preacher said it like this.... the great commission was to shine the light, not scream at the darkness.

It's not our job to worry about how pagans act. It's our job to worry about how we act.

What that means is, try to avoid letting how pagans act, bother you. They are pagans. They are going to act like pagans, and cuss and swear, and act crazy. They are lost. How are you going to reach lost people, if you avoid everyone that acts lost? Just let it go.

• Agree
Reactions: carrico
Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what you are saying is that you know how to take photos, and you know how to provide customer service, and you can see this place is not doing it.

Babe.... buy yourself a camera and start your own studio. :D For real. You know how to do it. And it is beyond clear that you'll do a better job than those people.... I think you found yourself a nice little side business to bring in some money.

So about that 'uncomfortable' stuff. Clearly this girl is not a Christian. I have learned that pagan people, act like pagan people. We as Christians need to have higher standards for ourselves, and lower standards for others. One preacher said it like this.... the great commission was to shine the light, not scream at the darkness.

It's not our job to worry about how pagans act. It's our job to worry about how we act.

What that means is, try to avoid letting how pagans act, bother you. They are pagans. They are going to act like pagans, and cuss and swear, and act crazy. They are lost. How are you going to reach lost people, if you avoid everyone that acts lost? Just let it go.

the great commission was to shine the light, not scream at the darkness. - LOVE THAT!

Thanks for stopping by. I just really don't like being there.

Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you made a commitment to work the summer you should finish the job. Especially if it's only 3 days a month. It sounds like a great lesson in how to get along with difficult people.

No. It's if I stay. I can work 3 days a month. I would be at my new job by then working 40 hours a week and driving 2.5 hours a day round trip. I think I will be exhausted... I think I will keep my commitment throughout the summer.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You sound like you need to love yourself more. How? Accept help on your student loans from others (including your husband, taxpayers etc. whenever possible). Then when you have everything paid off, you can financially bless others. You also seem to torture yourself at work that is too stressful and sounds very inconvenient. Also, if you are on the fence about any decision, ask yourself, will this _____ make me closer or further away from the Lord? Hopefully, you can hear from the Lord yourself on this.

Upvote 0