Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is this normal for a college student? I want to go out and live life. But I am in a constant cycle of study for tests, etc.
In any good student, yes...

Stick with it, you can do that other stuff later, and that would be the best thing to do, be saying a prayer for you, but stick with it and keep doing it OK...? Trust me, it will make for a whole lot of "better living" later on...

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: JohnB445
Upvote 0

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that's normal. I'm in college and have a similar experience. I go to class, get home, do homework, eat dinner, study, do work (online & paperwork as a TA), then I listen to music, read my Bible and pray, and do it all again the next day. I'm usually too tired to get involved socially (and too focused on my studies) but go to church every Sunday. It's just a part of the college life. Learning to manage your time is really important if you want time to rest or have a social life. For some people, it helps to schedule your time in a planner. It might help you to do that. Schedule study times each day when a test is coming up (1-2 hours), schedule your homework times. If you manage your time, you may find you have more free time than it feels. If you have breaks in between classes, you can use that to do work then so you have free time in the evenings.

• Agree
Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Is this normal for a college student? I want to go out and live life. But I am in a constant cycle of study for tests, etc.

I graduated with 169 hours with a major in Math and Physics. On top of that I was an elite athlete and had practice in the Fall and Spring (I was on the Olympic track). On top of that I had a girlfriend as well and I went out with my friends all the time.

How did I accomplish all of that?

INSANE Brutal OCD Time Management.

That term "time management" gets thrown around a lot, but in college, it is the key to having a great collegiate life.

What do I mean by brutal time management?

I mean I had my day divided into 15 minute segments. I scheduled EVERYTHING. When I woke up, when I ate, when I exercised, showered, watched TV, talked to my girlfriend, called home, did my homework, etc.

I always had homework on me and while I stood in line for anything I did my homework and/or read the lesson for the next class. When I was on the toilet I was doing homework. When I got to class early, I was doing homework. When I finished something early I moved on to the next thing because there was ALWAYS something else.

WHen I talked to my girlfriend I had a timer, when the timer went off, "Sorry sweetie have to go..." I talked to her 20 minutes most days and I spent 15 minutes during the day writing her an email. Thankfully, she was busy too so it worked out.

The key was getting ahead. I made it a point to get 1 lesson ahead in all of my classes. You'd be amazed at how being ahead in your schoolwork is invaluable to staying ahead. The night before a big paper or project was due, I often had the paper or project done and turned in day before it was due. While everyone else is scrambling and stressing I'm doing my homework for the next project or class...

The other thing I would do is I would determine what grade I was willing to get in all my classes. Sure, I wanted A's in everything but I simply didn't have the time. IN some classes the gradient from a B's worth of studying and homework to an A's worth of studying and homework was too great (especially in courses I was weak in).

Lastly, weekends are for Working. If I wanted to go out and party with my friends and girlfriend, I would do my homework Saturday morning which means I could NOT drink Friday night. So that was one sacrifice I made in college, I DID NOT DRINK!!! Too much lost time, not only are you useless the night you are drinking but you wake up useless for hours and sometimes it can effect you for multiple days... Then occasionally, I would have to sacrifice a complete weekend and work/study so I could get ahead and go out the next weekend.

I remember one time my girlfriend had a big event on THursday, so in order for me to go with her I had to sacrifice the weekend before, get ahead for 2 days, then I was able to go out with her Thursday Night... Again, it is all about brutal time management and getting ahead...

In any event, be a super Nazi with your time management and you'll discover you can have whatever life you want in college.

best of luck to you

Upvote 0