Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's obvious she called out a lot, or was late a lot, or dressed inappropriately for her role, or didn't adhere to company policies, procedures and standards, or a combination of all the above. If she were black, she would have played the race card instead. She needs to take responsibility for her own performance and actions.

Upvote 0

Snappy1

Feb 19, 2018
Arkansas
✟30,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
They just made this woman a millionaire. Gov can not violate your rights and get away with it.

If she was a government employee, it takes time and serious documentation to get fired.

So yeah, lawsuit is coming and she'll win a settlement in a walk...
Hmm. "Probationary employee." I wonder when she was first hired.

this is actually a very important question. Article said she was 22 so she must have been a very recent hire. If those events were documented and she was put on probation her first year of employment then yeah it is way easier to fire her.

Looking at her string of disciplinary documentation, reading between the lines, it looks like she didn't fit in well there. Some of those "instances" really aren't that big a deal but become a big deal when you are looking for excuses to get rid of someone who just isn't a good worker.

Most veteran civil servants know how to play the game and avoid leaving a documentation trail that warrants firing--But newbies don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It's obvious she called out a lot, or was late a lot, or dressed inappropriately for her role, or didn't adhere to company policies, procedures and standards, or a combination of all the above. If she were black, she would have played the race card instead. She needs to take responsibility for her own performance and actions.
This has nothing to do with black people, so stop trying to make a proxy attack against black people. And if you looked at what she wrote, she complained about her treatment as a white person, so does that count as a playing the race card? :doh:

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I take it, since she doesn't want her job back. Because she doesn't want to work with those Liberals. I betting she was unpleasant to work with. Probably extreme in her views. It sounds like she was full of problem. So they let her go. I wish her all the luck on getting a job without a liberal working there. As a liberal. I wouldn't fire someone for having a concealed carry permit. So I would have been on her side. Until I read her termination report.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So this lady says she was fired for having a concealed carry permit.

If you look at the termination notice, that seems to be one of the reasons (listed as "workplace safety concern"). She also apparently wore the wrong kind of shoes to a training session, and missed some days at work.

If her allegations are true, she might well have a valid unfair dismissal claim, depending on what Virginia law actually says.

If she was a government employee, it takes time and serious documentation to get fired.

It takes time and serious documentation to get fired legally from a permanent job. She was on probation. It's very, very easy to terminate an employee on probation; not quite so easy to do it in a way that will hold up in court.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

So yeah, lawsuit is coming and she'll win a settlement in a walk...

That depends. I know where I work they can fire you for pretty much any reason while you are on your probationary period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This has nothing to do with black people, so stop trying to make a proxy attack against black people. And if you looked at what she wrote, she complained about her treatment as a white person, so does that count as a playing the race card? :doh:
Oh knock it off. Stop reading things into it that aren't there. If that was your take away from what I wrote, (in it's entirety), then you missed my point altogether. It had nothing to do with black people, and everything to do with the woman's character. Take those goggles off.

Upvote 0