Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I work at target and they are selling books about Witchcraft (it literally had the title Witch in it) and about Tarot.

This makes me very uncomfortable.

Any advice? I know all I can do is pray.

I need this job since it's my only source of income ATM.

Thank you

Psalmofmercy

Oct 26, 2023
California
Visit site
✟1,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is an extremely remote occasion of sin. No matter where you go these days, you are going to encounter inappropriate and evil content. I work for a crisis line, and I talk to and communicate with pagan clients once in a while. I know they are doing things that are hurting their own spiritual soul, but all I can do is surrender it to God. That's all we can do in some cases. No matter where you go, you will encounter evil of some kind. Walmart, Target, Barnes and Nobles, Amazon, it doesn't matter - it permeates every level. But for every tarot deck, for every book on witchcraft, there's a Bible, a book about the saints, a book about Mary. We will win. Their "victory" is an illusion. You are not sinning. Do you struggle with scrupulosity too?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That is an extremely remote occasion of sin. No matter where you go these days, you are going to encounter inappropriate and evil content. I work for a crisis line, and I talk to and communicate with pagan clients once in a while. I know they are doing things that are hurting their own spiritual soul, but all I can do is surrender it to God. That's all we can do in some cases. No matter where you go, you will encounter evil of some kind. Walmart, Target, Barnes and Nobles, Amazon, it doesn't matter - it permeates every level. But for every tarot deck, for every book on witchcraft, there's a Bible, a book about the saints, a book about Mary. We will win. Their "victory" is an illusion. You are not sinning. Do you struggle with scrupulosity too?
Yes, I've struggled with scrupulosity for many years now.

Reactions: Psalmofmercy
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I was hoping maybe I could DM you. I always could use other people fighting the good fight :). It's not easy going about it alone.
Yes! Feel free to and thank you :)

Reactions: Psalmofmercy
Upvote 0