Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
✟149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 8:26-27

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Have you ever been in so much pain all you could do is groan? I am sure there are even times when we are frustrated that we make sounds rather then words because it fits. Well when we come before the throne of God for prayer and are not sure what to say, the Spirit will be there helping us. He intercedes for us. He knows our hearts and knows what our prayers should be.

Rather then give God our grocery list of prayers, we should ask Him what to pray for. We are partnering with Him in prayer and should not assume to pray for things that we do not need to. He always listens and always answers even when the answer is no.

In our prayer time today and any day we should come before Him because He is waiting for us, not cause we have something to say. Not saying anything would be just fine. I could sit in the company of my fiancée for hours without a word and would come away feeling good and in love. The same can work just waiting in the presence of the Lord.

--

Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly.

Plutarch (c. 46–after 119)