Word Association

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Bushy-tailed woodrat (or better known as a Pack Rat, a native rat to North America - the bare tailed rats you usually see came from Europe) When one moves on our deck I live trap it and move it about 10 miles away (they really like to skink up the area). Here is one from a release in 2016.
WP_20160507_21_34_46_Pro.jpg

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟357,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bushy-tailed woodrat (or better known as a Pack Rat, a native rat to North America - the bare tailed rats you usually see came from Europe) When one moves on our deck I live trap it and move it about 10 miles away (they really like to skink up the area). Here is one from a release in 2016.View attachment 317887
It's awfully cute. Can I have one:). I know rats cause a lot of damage, so do mice. Can you tame them? They do cause a lot of chewing damage. I am surprised you let them loose.

Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
It's awfully cute. Can I have one:). I know rats cause a lot of damage, so do mice. Can you tame them? They do cause a lot of chewing damage. I am surprised you let them loose.
They like to take shiny objects and I suppose that is how they got the nickname. First time I saw one I stared at it on the deck. I thought it was a cross between a chinchilla and gerbil honestly! No idea if they can be pets or not, but they take up residence on the deck and build a nest and stink up the area. I find oreos work best as bait in the live traps.
I would never kill an animal for no good reason (well, except black widows, I find one i the house and it died before a cat plays with it). I live trap mice, Packrats, chipmunks.... And always release them near a water source and food and where there is cover from hawks. :)
That is very nice of you to care for stray cats! Any ferals?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I've lost so many. It hurts and never stops it seems.
I know that pain only too well. ^Hamlet^, ^Leo^, ^Electra^, ^Copycat^, ^Itchy^, ^Calliope^, ^Orion^, ^Nova^, Andromeda^. :( I would hope that was enough, but Apollo is 18 and old now. :(

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟357,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They like to take shiny objects and I suppose that is how they got the nickname. First time I saw one I stared at it on the deck. I thought it was a cross between a chinchilla and gerbil honestly! No idea if they can be pets or not, but they take up residence on the deck and build a nest and stink up the area. I find oreos work best as bait in the live traps.
I would never kill an animal for no good reason (well, except black widows, I find one i the house and it died before a cat plays with it). I live trap mice, Packrats, chipmunks.... And always release them near a water source and food and where there is cover from hawks. :)
That is very nice of you to care for stray cats! Any ferals?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟357,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
All but one in the pic are feral. Most all of them are feral out side of them. They have short lives being feral:(. My two cats are feral, or were.
they're tame now. But still expect to go outside daily. Biggest problem is what happens to them when I'm gone. No one will save the ferals and even my two are in peril as the shelters will not take them if they are not comfortable with people. Mine are only friendly with me.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟357,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know that pain only too well. ^Hamlet^, ^Leo^, ^Electra^, ^Copycat^, ^Itchy^, ^Calliope^, ^Orion^, ^Nova^, Andromeda^. :( I would hope that was enough, but Apollo is 18 and old now. :(
This was too sad to read. If I listed mine I wouldn't be able to stop crying. I am really sorry for all your losses! My only real two before the strays, died at 18 and 19, mother and son in 2016.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.