• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So do many of you all here have migraines along with OCD, PA's ect?

I know a few people who do & was curious if there was any connection. Maybe the body chemicals constantly keep the body engine reved up which results in all type of headaches...Just a thought:confused:

kimba

Jul 29, 2006
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I spoke with the therapist about my latest panic attack and migraine (I usually don't get them together) and she talked about how stomach aches and headaches can be stressed induced. That's about all I know about that kind of thing. I keep Excedrin Migraine around for when I get the aura and take it. I saw a neurologist years ago for the migraines and since I get them so infrequently (PTL) he said just take this when I begin to get one. He said because the Excedrin has caffiene in it, it is good for migraines.

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have had OCD all my life, and used to have a problem with chronic migraines. It went away, though! There's totally hope.

I do not have a problem with panic attacks.
Oh that's great. I'm happy for u:) My mom's stopped too so I'm definetly hoping.

I used to take those, but I started taking a controlled substance pain killer. Hmm I wonder should I go back & try those again instead of taking a more powerful drug.
Unbelievable, but I bet it's cheaper for me to take the prescription.

Upvote 0

kimba

Jul 29, 2006
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
GC if you are talking about the Ex Migraine I was talking about keep in mind I don't always even get pain with my migraines - just the aura. Also, I don't get what I would consider severe pain when I do get pain with mine. So maybe you need the stronger stuff since you may have a lot more severe pain.....thanks Kim

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GC if you are talking about the Ex Migraine I was talking about keep in mind I don't always even get pain with my migraines - just the aura. Also, I don't get what I would consider severe pain when I do get pain with mine. So maybe you need the stronger stuff since you may have a lot more severe pain.....thanks Kim

Oh ok..& thanks for the encouragment:hug: Im always praying I will be healed & I definetly know there is worse suffering in the world then these current things:tutu:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.