Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think cutting my dad out of their lives and mine is a good choice. It saddens me bc my kids love my parents even though they can be toxic they're babies they don't know.

When I think to reconsider my dad does stuff like .. snatch wipes out of my 1yr old daughters hand, asks her if she remembers her dad bc he doesn't come around and today he told her he isn't her dad bc she babbled da da or something similar.

The way he said it was so malicious.

When I called him out on it he said I take everything the wrong way, I'm sensitive and weird and my daughter knew he meant nothing by it and she won't grow up to be weird like me and he called me weak.

Even though that happened this morning it bothers me so much. I'm still angry about it but I've decided to just do without him .

I told him he can't see my kids and he said they'll come find him. Which I doubt.

Anyway should I tell my kids their grandpa was just a terrible person. Should I be honest when they ask?

Idk all this is causing me to be depressed honestly.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Anyway should I tell my kids their grandpa was just a terrible person. Should I be honest when they ask?

You basically have to be honest, because lying leads to all kind of weirdness, drama, awkwardness and ultimately be a strike against you as a parent as far as trust goes. Let the politicians be the ones to tell the white lies.

In the long run this will probably be good for them, to realize that you are a person that has limitations about what you can deal with. That is something they will need to realize at some point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You basically have to be honest, because lying leads to all kind of weirdness, drama, awkwardness and ultimately be a strike against you as a parent as far as trust goes. Let the politicians be the ones to tell the white lies.

In the long run this will probably be good for them, to realize that you are a person that has limitations about what you can deal with. That is something they will need to realize at some point.
Yeah I'll just be honest bc this is wearing me out.

Upvote 0