Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it more likely has something to do with killing ~650,000 of them and torturing people, including children, and putting in a puppet government.
I am also very much opposed to Bush's war, but we have to be careful about statements like this. First, there's no way to know how many have died in this war, though I think the estimates are closer to 100,000. Here's one reference, though there are many others available: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3962969.stm

Also, it's wrong to imply that the US killed everyone who has died. The death toll has soared due to the violence inside of Iraq. Yes, we set it in motion by our actions, and bear responsibility for the tragedy now unfolding, but please don't make it sound like our troops were directly responsible for all the deaths in the country because that is absolutely not the case.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can I ask a serious question? When something like this is brought to the forefront by a user here, why do most Republicans attack the user who posted the information, but say absolutely nothing about the soldier who is doing this?

Upvote 0

RobWW

searching
Aug 14, 2004
New York
✟8,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can I ask a serious question? When something like this is brought to the forefront by a user here, why do most Republicans attack the user who posted the information, but say absolutely nothing about the soldier who is doing this?
Because that is all they have left. You can't fight the truth.

Upvote 0
S

Steezie

Or they go "Well thats not ALL the troops!"

No it isnt, but it only takes one soldier to irritate someone enough to strap a bomb to thier chest

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I did a career in the Army and although I been out since Dec '00, how a soldier/marine/airforce/sailor acts is a reflection on me and any other US military personnel, past and present as far as I am concerned. I take it to heart when one does not act with honor or within the code of being in the US military.

What this soldier and his buddies (he aint in the truck alone) are doing is disgusting and I hope his commander crawls up their derrier sideways and chews them out 6 ways from Sunday. Being former NCO, I have no doubt that I would have had a loud counseling session with these troops.

Its one thing to anger these kids, but as i watched the video, I see the adults on the side of the road watching this. One of them may be the one to tell a soldier where to get off instead of info on bad guys if approached one day.

The actions of the few effect the lives of the many in uniform over there. Trying to win the hearts and minds is a 1 step foward, 3 steps back with examples such as this. It only serves to reinforce the "Ugly American" feelings.
all this is just my opinion only.

Upvote 0

Exonoesis

Nov 7, 2006
Canberra, Australia
✟365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

Steezie

Interesting that when some creeps take a hostage and videotape themselves beheading them any criticsm of that calls for "understanding."
Those people are extremists, crazy people who represent a small minority of a larger group.

These are American soldiers who are SUPPOSED to be representing America to the people of Iraq.

Big difference, atleast there's supposed to be

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Interesting that when some creeps take a hostage and videotape themselves beheading them any criticsm of that calls for "understanding."

Or we brought it on ourselves because of American foreign policy! Nothing said about the sociopaths capable of such actions and video taping it for ENTERTAINMENT purposes!

We could ask them, what about the fault of the Iraqis for mistreatment by soldiers,has anyone thought what it must be like to have your life daily at risk in a country fighting someone elses battle for them,after they BEGGED us not to leave like Bush senior did,and I heard this myself on the news after they toppled the statue of Saddam,then to have them treat you like crap and tell you to go home?

That said, in both cases the perpetrators are both morally wrong,there is no ifs ands, or buts about it. And anyone who DEFENDS either one has problems with morality. :prayer: :prayer: :groupray:

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

\Probably has something to do with the fact that me denouncing those terrorists does nothing but make you feel as though I'm doing the right thing, while denouncing our troops that do these things is important because they are a part of my country and they represent me.

If some random dude in Kentucky kills some women, I really don't say anything, because ummm, well, what do I have to say? Now if my bestfriend kills someone, I have a lot to say.

I think the real issue here is that some people actually don't want to say anything about this soldier, because he is from America, and besides, he was just teasing one of those funny lookin' foreign kids.

Upvote 0

Exonoesis

Nov 7, 2006
Canberra, Australia
✟365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Or we brought it on ourselves because of American foreign policy! Nothing said about the sociopaths capable of such actions and video taping it for ENTERTAINMENT purposes!
That's better than torture in my book.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lioninoil

Sep 27, 2006
✟15,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What's the problem? :confused:

The kid probably thought it was a Coke.

There's plenty of running water in Iraq for people to drink if they want to drink water.

Why do you think we have contractors in Iraq to rebuild the infrastructure — with our money, no less?

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

There's plenty of running water in Iraq for people to drink if they want to drink water.

Why do you think we have contractors in Iraq to rebuild the infrastructure — with our money, no less?

??????????????????????????

logic would state that they would know the difference between a bottle of coke and a bottle of water hanging over the edge of a truck. As long as we been incountry and every kid would know how to hustle a soldier for a candy bar or soda, they would know which is water and which is soda. dont matter anyways - the soldier(s) was wrong for what they was doing.

How do you know there is plenty of running water??? how do you know everyone or most everyone or at least a bunch of people has plenty of rumming water - clean potable water - coming out of their faucets even in Bagdad???

got a link??

just cause there's contractors there dont mean things are getting done and the money being spent properly.

but now we be off topic.

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others

Um, yeah. Whatever.

You've been there to personally observe this? I guess it's only a matter of months before they open Baghdad Disneyland.

They're there charging us usurious rates mostly because we bombed the infrastructure out of existence based on the lies of the administration and the compliance of congress.

Upvote 0

jlujan69

Jul 28, 2004
United States
✟5,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/54247/

So this is what our "professional" armed forces are up to? We'll never "win" in Iraq because we'll never be seen as a force that is good for Iraq.

Ah, Youtube and World Net News Daily--two peas in a pod. I've got photos of US troops helping out the locals. So, what do you say we have a propaganda contest?

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Ah, Youtube and World Net News Daily--two peas in a pod. I've got photos of US troops helping out the locals. So, what do you say we have a propaganda contest?

Actually, no. Are you denying it happened? The video was taken by soldiers in Iraq. Yes I do believe there are plenty of photos of US soldiers in Iraq helping out the local people. However, the fact is that the behavior of the people in the video is reprehensible and inexcusable. The negative actions of very few people can destroy the positive actions of many more people.

If you were an Iraqi who saw what happened in that video, how do you think you would feel the next time you saw an Amercian?

Please show me the Iraqis welcoming the Americans with flowers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.