South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do nice guys REALLY finish last in reality?

I personally do not know but the nice guy to me would be marriage material. The good husband, boyfriend, provider, loyal, faithful, and in reality, flawed. Britney Spears' song "Criminal" is about her illogical feelings for a criminal, the ultimate bad boy. The guy would not be husband material and not a good person, so he would be more than flawed.

Why do so many of us like the bad boys? It is no secret that I like the bad boys or at least those who are rumored to be bad boys like Mickey Rourke He was reportedly an unprofessional jerk who has a reputation for ticking off a lot of people to putting it mildly. This is a guy I would not marry for that reason alone. There is also the story of Mickey beating his ex-wife and using drugs. Those are big turn offs yet I find him quite sexy even after all these years, especially when he was in "Iron Man 2". I watched the movie last night and he was the best part of the movie.

Anyways, is there anything wrong with finding a bad boy attractive or liking a bad boy, no matter how bad? Is there something logical or even biological about a woman liking a bad boy?

Is there anything biblical about a woman liking, having a crush on, or even marrying a "bad boy"?

Last edited:

JonasZ

Apr 25, 2013
✟127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why Women Love Bad Boys

Attracted to high testosterone?
In the chemistry of love Bad Boys seem to lack Oxytocin. So they have problems bonding. Perhaps they did not bond with their parents when they were small. The theory is that dysfunctional people are a product of dysfunctional families. So even though there is a strong attraction, their relationships tend to be dysfunctional. Again, the chemical that attracts people to each other and the chemical that causes people to bond are two different chemicals. In China it has almost become a tradition that the men women date is different from the men they actually get married to.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, you can't help who you are attracted to. Many women would be wise to use their brains when dealing with the "bad boy" type though... I have had far too many friends in the past growing up in relationships with morons who mistreat them, but yet they won't leave them.

Now that I'm into my 30s most people in my age range have grown out of that, but there are still a few in relationships they should have ended long ago.

Personally I think if they didn't put up with how bad boys act, the bad boys would start to act with a lot more respect towards them. Instead they get walked over because the guys know they can get away with it.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟313,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find that most women are attracted to Looks, Fame, and/or Power/Money. Most guys that have these attrabutes think woman are just naturally attracted to them so they are jerks about it. Other guys see them and think being a jerk attracts the women and are jerks themselves. Women don't help matters by going out with them.

But fear not good guys, the women worth dating smarten up after the 10th bad boy breakup. Sometimes sooner.

I had to wait until my 40's myself, but we can win in the end.

Upvote 0

HighwayMan

Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Listen, I believe people have the right to do whatever they want. That does not mean that I'm not allowed to believe in a universal moral right in which light they are wrong.

Women can love their confident "bad boys," people can continue orgying it up all day and night, western society can continue slaving away to greed and capitalism. Everyone has free will, and they can choose to either pursue matters of the spirit, or harlot themselves out to the world and its materialistic attractions.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,211,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The "bad-boys get the girl" and "nice guys finish last" are just myths...I'm sure their are examples of it happening, but it's nothing more than the product of coincidence.

The guys who were the two main "bad boys" from my high school days...yeah, one is an assistant manager at KFC (who still wears his high school letter jacket to the bar at age 28 lol), the other's in jail.

The guy who was the biggest "nerd" at my high school...yeah, he owns his own chain of local restaurants (3 or 4 I believe), is probably a millionaire at this point, and has a smoking hot wife. ^_^

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,211,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I find that most women are attracted to Looks, Fame, and/or Power/Money.

The women who are into the power/money won't actually use those words to describe it out of fear of revealing themselves as a gold digger...they use the word "stability" to describe it.

If you ever go on a date with a woman and she says "I'm looking for a guy with stability"....hide your platinum cards lol

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I personally do not know but the nice guy to me would be marriage material. The good husband, boyfriend, provider, loyal, faithful, and in reality, flawed. Britney Spears' song "Criminal" is about her illogical feelings for a criminal, the ultimate bad boy. The guy would not be husband material and not a good person, so he would be more than flawed.

Why do so many of us like the bad boys? It is no secret that I like the bad boys or at least those who are rumored to be bad boys like Mickey Rourke He was reportedly an unprofessional jerk who has a reputation for ticking off a lot of people to putting it mildly. This is a guy I would not marry for that reason alone. There is also the story of Mickey beating his ex-wife and using drugs. Those are big turn offs yet I find him quite sexy even after all these years, especially when he was in "Iron Man 2". I watched the movie last night and he was the best part of the movie.

Anyways, is there anything wrong with finding a bad boy attractive or liking a bad boy, no matter how bad? Is there something logical or even biological about a woman liking a bad boy?

Is there anything biblical about a woman liking, having a crush on, or even marrying a "bad boy"?

My take on it is fairly simple. Women are attracted to "bad boys" because they exhibit such traits closely associated with being manly. They are tough, passionate, courageous, intimidating, aggressive. Women are attracted to the "alpha male" type figures and I think its understandable...even if it isn't smart. What I don't understand is why, once they have their "bad boy", do they think they can change him? It's almost as if they realize that their bad boy isn't "marriage material"...so the goal then becomes changing him. It's like the woman wants to be "unique" or "special" in that her love changed this tough guy into the perfect man (for her) when no other woman was able to do the same. It's a childish notion of romance and love that I think most women grow out of....usually around the time she's failed to change a few bad boys she's dated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Use your commonsense and realize that "bad" doesn't = good. It's really that simple.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟375,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My take on it is fairly simple. Women are attracted to "bad boys" because they exhibit such traits closely associated with being manly. They are tough, passionate, courageous, intimidating, aggressive.

Going off topic a bit. I've always been attracted to women with some of those same qualities. Well, not manly. But tough, confident, strong willed, accomplished, and smart. Definitely smart, and not afraid to show it. I've always dated career women, and married one. A lot of men are intimidated by such women, but they're just so interesting.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Going off topic a bit. I've always been attracted to women with some of those same qualities. Well, not manly. But tough, confident, strong willed, accomplished, and smart. Definitely smart, and not afraid to show it. I've always dated career women, and married one. A lot of men are intimidated by such women, but they're just so interesting.

I think a lot of men are intimidated by that type of woman because they see her as a threat to their masculenity. Even in this day and age, I've known plenty of men who struggle with the concept of a wife that's equal to them. You can imagine how difficult it would be for them to be in a relationship with a woman who's more aggressive than they are.

Upvote 0

LoveNeverDies

May 6, 2013
✟313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Please understand that the way this world works is that everything is in reverse. Truth and morality are turned on their head. If you stand for the truth, the world accuses you of being a liar. If you tell lies, the world accuses you of being truthful. If you stand for morality, the world accuses you of being immoral and a bigot. If you stand for immorality, the world accuses you of being moral. Everything is turned on its head. That's why satanists take hold of the crucifix and turn it upside down. Let me give you some examples of how things are in reverse:

I use to have a bebo account, and I had this young female friend who received lots of dirty comments from other men. I was the only man who did not talk dirty to her. I spoke to her like a gentleman. Yet her sister accused me of being a perverted pedophile, even though I was the only man who wasn't talking dirty to her. So you see, the man who refused to talk dirty to her was accused of being a pervert, but the men who did talk dirty to her were left alone.

I have also known men who were a gentlemen who looked after their wives and children were either cheated on, or their wife got bored and decided to be single, while men who are bad boys who treat their girlfriends badly manage to keep them. Yes, it's crazy, but that's how the world works. That's why Jesus said, "The world hates me because I testify of it, that its works are evil."

If you pay attention you will often find that if you try to do the right thing, people will turn it around and accuse you of being the bad one. It's a classic example of making the innocent look guilty and the guilty look innocent. So, when I see women with bad boys it doesn't surprise me. The world is a crazy place. It is full of injustice. All you can do is stick to your guns and wait for the day that God will restore the world to a state of perfection.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Because nice guys had their nads cut off from birth. They're raised around girls and they act like girls, hence why they stay friend-zoned.

I don't blame girls for going for "bad boys" when their only other option might be mr. girly girl nice guy. Both are pretty dumb though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟313,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because nice guys had their nads cut off from birth. They're raised around girls and they act like girls, hence why they stay friend-zoned.

I don't blame girls for going for "bad boys" when their only other option might be mr. girly girl nice guy. Both are pretty dumb though.

You have a misunderstanding of what a nice guy is. Being nice doesn't always mean being girly or weak. Sometimes it means you don't get into a pointless contest of wills.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Then that would make you fall somewhere in the middle.

When I say nice guy, I mean these guys

Like one of my buddies in high school he was 15, and he told me this "dude.... i can't believe she broke my heart man, i loved her". yuck..... Like get a grip dude, you're 15.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟313,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then that would make you fall somewhere in the middle.

When I say nice guy, I mean these guys

Like one of my buddies in high school he was 15, and he told me this "dude.... i can't believe she broke my heart man, i loved her". yuck..... Like get a grip dude, you're 15.

Clearly, you have never been in love.

Upvote 0