United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
https://nypost.com/2017/12/14/woman-sues-thug-like-police-for-bloody-arrest/

Tiffany McNeil, 31, was arrested at her Coldwater home on July 24, after her husband called police during a domestic dispute. She was then taken to the Branch County Jail, where video released by her attorney, Solomon Radner, shows her inside a sally port to the county jail. An officer — identified in the lawsuit as Lewis Eastmead — is standing behind McNeil, who had been drinking alcohol earlier that day, according to her lawsuit filed this week in US District Court.

McNeil, whose face was pressed into a wall at the time, then cursed at Eastmead, according to the lawsuit obtained by the Coldwater Daily Reporter. That prompted Eastmead to grab McNeil by the hair and spin her around while slamming the woman into the ground face-first while still handcuffed, or “far more excessive” force than necessary.

Caution for those who watch the video, there is some blood.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anyone who is so unable to control themselves that simply being cursed at sets them off should not be a police officer. I've revived worse abuse then that as an IT guy.

Like I noted in the other thread about a recent case... there's a stark contrast between requirements between our country, and the European countries.

We'll let pretty much anyone who can pass the physical and pass a somewhat simple written test in, and we're seeing the results of that as our rates of police use of force are through the roof compared to other countries (even when adjusted for population size)

Upvote 0

Ovlov90

Dec 7, 2017
Napanoch
✟12,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I was a CO for ten years and it saddens me at the militarization of our police forces. At keast in NY there is a pretty rigorous psyc profile test. But that just ensures at best a homogenious "mindset". I'm also saddened at my loss of spelling skills. And it's only required on the state and county levels. Before I retired I over heard several conversations of co workers I had the utmost respect for and their taking part in some "goonsquad" activities. Could never look at them the same. Cameras are becoming a good thing it seems. I know when they were beginning to be installed in the NYS prison system there was a lot of pushback because it meant every action would come under scrutiny, 99% of which were mundane but not allowed such as but not limited to reading a newspaper, playing cards with inmates, or cooking while inside the jail and on your post.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I regard these sorts of incidents much like I regard roaches.

For every one you see, there are easily 20 that you don't see.

For every police abuse of power you see on camera... just imagine how many are swept under the rug...

• Agree
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

Ovlov90

Dec 7, 2017
Napanoch
✟12,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
A point I naad to make is is I personaly know many more peace and police officers who treated those in their custody a human beings. Even when they were the ones recieving the abuse. Its often a two way street. Two examples. One inmate acted as though we were like god because we got him a Big Mack. “ I know this is garbage but its been almost three years since Ive had any touch with stuff like this from the real world” and anther guy warned me to wear gloves cuffing and chaining him cause he didnt want me to get hep.c. Theworst was when I was present to hear an inmate had only 6mos from his Dr. What do you do in a situation like that. IDK what his crime was. In human terms maybe he deserved it. But at that point it became a life sentance. Its humanity thats being stripped away from law enforcemant. Fellow citizens becoming just subjects to be contained.

Upvote 0