'Woman Power' – a must read! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

aeroz19

WND has a commentary article today that is disguies under the cloak of feminism but is actually sexist! And a WOMAN wrote it!

It's a review/promotion of Dr. Laura Schlessinger's book "Woman Power".

She says that "The Feminine Mystique" is "a book that influenced millions of men and women for ill."

She points out (falsely) that men are the providers and protectors.

She states (sexistly) that the feministst are bbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddd, evil wicked people that destroy family values!!!!!!!!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40256

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
WND has a commentary article today that is not-so-secretly disguised as a sexist article. And a WOMAN wrote it!
Par for the course. I liked how the author said that feminists are more dangerous than terrorists. Heh.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
According to radio psychologist and provocateur Laura Schlessinger, most unhappy marriages are alike—-and can be changed in just minutes a day. In this companion to Dr Laura's best-selling The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, women are the source of the problem and have the power of the solution. Wives, brainwashed by "feminism" and politically correct psychotherapy, have become dismissive of their husbands, denying them tenderness, pillow talk, admiration, and dinner on the table, says Schlessinger.

Mighty big brush she has there.

Upvote 0
A

aeroz19

mhatten said:
Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
According to radio psychologist and provocateur Laura Schlessinger, most unhappy marriages are alike—-and can be changed in just minutes a day. In this companion to Dr Laura's best-selling The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, women are the source of the problem and have the power of the solution. Wives, brainwashed by "feminism" and politically correct psychotherapy, have become dismissive of their husbands, denying them tenderness, pillow talk, admiration, and dinner on the table, says Schlessinger.

Mighty big brush she has there.
Oh, wow. Wake up, aeroz19, you've been duped!

...must get out more....must get out more....must.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wives, brainwashed by "feminism" and politically correct psychotherapy, have become dismissive of their husbands, denying them tenderness, pillow talk, admiration, and dinner on the table, says Schlessinger.
While this is all pretty creepy, the 'admiration' thing is especially creepy. It's weird that part of the duty of a wife is to fawn all over her husband.

I'd make sure my girlfriend went to 'politically correct psychotherapy' if she started up with that junk.

Upvote 0

pearlz

Aug 5, 2004
✟15,915.00
Faith
Christian
Dr. Laura Schlessinger' is as far as i had to read. This woman is a ***** and i havent ever taken anything she has said seriously. She talks about family alot, but her mother was murdered a couple years ago, and she hadnt even been in contact with her for years and years. (No one found her mother for close to a month) I cant stand her and refuse to read anything she has wrote and turn her off if i see her on tv or the radio.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
JPPT1974 said:
Dr Laura is a jew.
What does her being Jewish have anything to do with anything?

aeroz19 said:
She points out (falsely) that men are the providers and protectors.
Heh, have her tell that to my ma. Da was disabled due to a military training accident and Ma has been the main provider for the family for over 10 years (although the money Da receives for his disability does help out).

Tachocline said:
worldnetdaily, that says it all.
I always heard it was world NUT daily ;)

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
datan said:
what about my signature :) ?

Somthings Not right....

Kerry 252
Bush 270

That means Bush Is Winning Correct ???
Yet you state that he will lose His job even though according to your own Sig, He is winning :D

Upvote 0

CZzyzx41

Jun 26, 2004
right here
✟957.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here I am...a man...voicing my opinion...weird huh? So as a man take my comments as they you wish. I guess whether I stated that or not you'd have taken it as you wish anyways, huh? Nevermind...

Dr. Slopslinger (if I could spell her name correctly I would and besides this is too easy) really creeps me out. I know that word has become overused on this thread but that just seems to fit. More than that she enrages me. I believe EVERYONE should be allowed to have successful careers so long as it's not at the expense of the family or marriage. I believe both husband and wife need to help out with chores and keeping the home in order. So long as God and family are the first priority in one's life I believe the family will stay strong and the spirit of the Lord will reign in that household leading the children to grow into happy and successful people who also make God and family their top priority.

I was taught this early in church: J-O-Y. I'm sure a lot of christians are familiar with the priority we should hold in life...Jesus, then others, and finally yourself. However if I may make a slight change there I would make it: Jesus, spouse, family, others, yourself. Unfortunately that doesn't make for a catchy acronym. Though I think that by taking care of your spouse and family you're then taking care of Jesus and then when you serve others ("As you have done unto the least of these thy brethren, so have you done unto me") we are also serving Jesus and after we do these things, most of OURSELVES will be taken care of.

So long story short...Dr Laura bad. Feminism good so long as the God and family remains the woman's top priorities.

Upvote 0