May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Woke Oberlin College hit with $4m interest for dragging heels in paying $36m to family-run bakery | Daily Mail Online

This really makes my blood boil. A college a place of higher learning organized to outcast a bakery for daring to report theft in their shop. All because the 3 thieves are black. Use all form of intimidation and protest. Lead by the dean with an angry mob of students.

After taken to court and losing in court Oberlin College still refuse to pay up.

The bakery in Oberlin, Ohio has struggled to survive and had to slash half its staff earlier this year after the 2016 incident that saw Oberlin College students - and senior staff members - brand the family business racist.

Causing the family that they tarred to face financial ruin. A business that have lasted 136 years.

Oberlin has arrogantly declared that it still won't pay out after losing a state court appeal back in April.

It has also refused to apologize, despite multiple college staff and numerous resources being deployed for the protests and boycotts. Meanwhile, Raimondo has landed on her feet with a cozy new college job in Georgia despite her appalling behavior.

While the business suffered, the orchestrator of this woke injustice got herself another cosy job somewhere else. Absolutely zero repercussions for her part in all these woke social justice.

David, who died in November 2019, was also committed to preserving the family's reputation despite his ongoing battle with pancreatic cancer.

The patriarch of the family died without having seen a cent by Oberlin. Going to his grave with his family name besmirched by the students and staffs. And an unofficial boycott is still ongoing by the college. A college they have loyally serve for many years.

I can't imagine a better place for wretched scums and villainy. Dictators and authoritarians should send their children here to learn how to be evil while appearing to be paragons of societal justice.

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Anyone interested in the adult version of this story, the one with less exclamation marks, the use of the word "woke" as an expletive and missing the gross hypocrisy of "its ok when our side goes all the way to the supreme court, but not when others do it"

I'd recommend
Gibson's Bakery v. Oberlin College - Wikipedia

and

Oberlin College asks court to stay Gibson's judgment while it appeals

In brief:
College lost the case, ordered to pay damages
Lost appeal
Got a bond with an insurance company to pay the damages with the proviso all appeals be exhausted
Are currently exhausting said process (by going to the supreme court).

In brief, its all about woke, and now refusing to take
any responsibility.

I'd recommend your not trying such an absurd
stretch to somehow concoct " hypocrisy" so
as to inject your own politics .

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In brief, its all about woke, and now refusing to take any responsibility.

In brief, "woke" has degenerated to the utility and meaning of expletives banned on this board, and it's about following the directions from their insurance agency.

So that's 2 strikes, I guess.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
In brief, "woke" has degenerated to the utility and meaning of expletives banned on this board, and it's about following the directions from their insurance agency.

So that's 2 strikes, I guess.
Not a very good guess.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Woke Oberlin College hit with $4m interest for dragging heels in paying $36m to family-run bakery | Daily Mail Online

This really makes my blood boil. A college a place of higher learning organized to outcast a bakery for daring to report theft in their shop. All because the 3 thieves are black. Use all form of intimidation and protest. Lead by the dean with an angry mob of students.

After taken to court and losing in court Oberlin College still refuse to pay up.

Causing the family that they tarred to face financial ruin. A business that have lasted 136 years.

While the business suffered, the orchestrator of this woke injustice got herself another cosy job somewhere else. Absolutely zero repercussions for her part in all these woke social justice.

The patriarch of the family died without having seen a cent by Oberlin. Going to his grave with his family name besmirched by the students and staffs. And an unofficial boycott is still ongoing by the college. A college they have loyally serve for many years.

I can't imagine a better place for wretched scums and villainy. Dictators and authoritarians should send their children here to learn how to be evil while appearing to be paragons of societal justice.

I remember this case....made a thread on it when it happened.

Is Oberlin appealing?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In brief, its all about woke, and now refusing to take
any responsibility.

I'd recommend your not trying such an absurd
stretch to somehow concoct " hypocrisy" so
as to inject your own politics .

They're certainly entitled to exhaust their appeals.

I don't see it going any other way....so lawyers gotta get their payday too.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I remember this case....made a thread on it when it happened.

Is Oberlin appealing?
It appears so. It'll be interesting to see which direction the Ohio SUpreme COurt goes, and if they will apply for cert if they lose.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
"its ok when our side goes all the way to the supreme court, but not when others do it"

Our side? I'm not American. American Left and Right mean little to me. But the ideology of wokeness where race and minority status trump every sense of fairness is abhorrent to me. I will be as enrage if it is practised by the right regardless.

I could care less if an elephant or a donkey sits on in the oval office. I will view them as I view all by the content of their character and the outcome of their actions.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Our side? I'm not American.

Neither am I.

American Left and Right mean little to me.

As my recently Late mother would have said:
"Pull the other one, its got bells on".

But the ideology of wokeness where race and minority status trump every sense of fairness is abhorrent to me. I will be as enrage if it is practised by the right regardless.

There's an irony in complaining about fairness and then posting an article from the Daily Mail.

• Winner
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It appears so. It'll be interesting to see which direction the Ohio SUpreme COurt goes, and if they will apply for cert if they lose.

I can't imagine that this gets overturned. The facts are pretty clear.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
There's an irony in complaining about fairness and then posting an article from the Daily Mail.

Is the reporting any less untrue? If I read a right leaning news site it is automatically fake and sensational? If I read a lean leaning news site it is the paragon of truth? By what criteria you judge the news by?

The language might be right leaning but the facts are still the facts. I'm not blind. I read both sides. You don't like me criticizing the woke then it is upmost unfortunate. I personally hated their ideology it is like the mirror image to the far-right ideology. Everything is about race and privilege.

When something is morally wrong it is wrong regardless. I don't care about your politics, race, religion, social economic status, sexuality or pronouns.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I would be surprised if the Ohio Supreme Court hears it.

They are still entitled to it. We have to let the justice system run its course.

I thought that the case was over when the courts ruled in favour of the bakery. Never followed up thereafter. However I just got to know this when looking at recent news.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is the reporting any less untrue?

Did you mean less true? The answer is yes, it is less true. It's also sensationalist and politically biased.

If I read a right leaning news site it is automatically fake and sensational? If I read a lean leaning news site it is the paragon of truth? By what criteria you judge the news by?

No, No and by the articles it prints.

The language might be right leaning but the facts are still the facts.

And the made up sensationalism is the made up sensationalism.

I'm not blind. I read both sides.

All I have to go on is what you post here, and all of the evidence here suggests otherwise.

You don't like me criticizing the woke then it is upmost unfortunate.

I am woke, and by that I mean the actual definition of woke and not the sad caricature and abysmal hyperpartisan definition you are using.

When something is morally wrong it is wrong regardless.

Morals are relative, and the overlap between your morals and mine is likely relatively small.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They are still entitled to it. We have to let the justice system run its course.

They are entitled to appeal....but it can be denied.

The reason Oberlin lost was the professors participated in the protest in a leadership capacity. The protests were based on a lie....and caused monetary damages to the bakery.

There's not much more to deliberate over.

• Agree
Reactions: IceJad
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
They're certainly entitled to exhaust their appeals.

I don't see it going any other way....so lawyers gotta get their payday too.
Of course.

And as responsible fiduciaries the admins have to try to
protect the reputation and finances of the school.
But they are late to the party. And I may say, quite hypocritical.

Upvote 0