✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
JamesD said:
Do you really see Americans attacking European policies as much as you see Europeans attacking American policies?

They could say whatever they want and I can't stop them, I'm just asking why they think they have the right to stick their noses into what we do? I have many opinions about European policies or the policies of certain European countries, but I don't say them because it's not my country and not my place to because it doesn't affect the United States. This world would have a much more civil state of discourse if countries and people just minded their own business.
The majority of threads posted in the CF appear to be American-politics related. Not too many people seem to be interested in politics outside of the U.S. Not to mention, the U.S. seems to have the most controversial political topics these days! I have no problem with foreigners speaking their mind about the U.S. Especially when U.S. foreign policies are affecting their country.

Upvote 0

DieHappy

and I am A W E S O M E !!
Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faith guardian said:
However, they are right. Spending taxpayers money on such weapons IS theft. The money should go bak to the taxpayers in the form of services like education and healthcare.

I think it may be true, it is mentioned many places.
What if I want my tax dollars to be spent on nukes and NOT on healthcare? Is it then theft to spend my portion on healthcare? To call it theft you have to be against federal taxation as a whole, otherwise you're just pushing your version of the feds role off on me.

That said...
How did these clowns get in there? If they had enough time to spray paint the silo, could they have done something truly malevolent? I can't believe they didn't get shot while 200 yards away.

Upvote 0

JamesD

Jun 6, 2006
✟15,226.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Republican
SummerMadness said:
Don't come onto this thread complaining about what someone says just becauge they don't have an American flag under their name. It's childish and undermines the point of having this board, it is for general political discussion.

I have just as much right to say that as they do to whine about bush every other sentence. And this is political. The nations of the world would get along much better if they did not tell others what to do with their own citizens. Even America is at fault for that. We got kicked out of an airbase in Uzbekistan for complaining to their dictator about human rights and other such nonsense. I think America had no right to tell him what to do to his people, when it was of no consequence to us.

SummerMadness said:
The next time an American makes a thread about a foreign country, I hope you criticize them for making that thread.

I shall, and on other forums I am or have been a member of, I have done so or held my tongue (or at least just asked questions without expressing opinion) when Europeans wanted to discuss EU policies because I knew any comments I make would merely annoy them and not do any good to anybody.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
JamesD said:
Do you really see Americans attacking European policies as much as you see Europeans attacking American policies?

Yes. Or, well. No. More. Much much more.

How about the raid on TPB? When the Swedish government was bullied into acting against their own laws by the MPAA and the American government. How about the arrest of Jon Lech Johansen for breaking the copy protection on DVDs? It is our consumer right to be able to copy our own DVDs to other media or back them up. How about your whining about us not helping you out in Iraq (which we did) after you helped us in WW2? How about your constant bullying of European politics through the RIAA and MPAA? How about your bullying us into participating in your war for oil, sorry. I mean "War on Terror" with Bush's speach saying all who are not with you are against you, continuing to how your country would whoop any of the ones who are against you. Bullying! How about your last decades of toying around in our politics in ways noone should be allowed? I can name assasinations, smuggling of war criminals, encarceration of innocents without a trial. Breach of multiple international laws and treaties.

And you blame us for whining? The American presidents who have been assasinated have been killed by Americans, not Europeans. Many presidents in other countries have been assasinated by American agents in service to the USA, and under American orders.
This is why we have a right to stick our noses into what you do. Because you prod and poke. You stick yours wherever you please and never even ask permission. You toy with the rest of the world at the expense of many many hundred thousand lives and you expect us to love you and not interfere as you stand for so much wickedness? So many breaches of agreements and international laws.

They could say whatever they want and I can't stop them, I'm just asking why they think they have the right to stick their noses into what we do? I have many opinions about European policies or the policies of certain European countries, but I don't say them because it's not my country and not my place to because it doesn't affect the United States.

However your actions do affect us. Your nation is very much not an island. And what you do DOES affect us. Hence I believe we have a right to express our oppinion and discontentment should that be the case.

This world would have a much more civil state of discourse if countries and people just minded their own business.

Really?
I disagree. It would be better if people actually followed the treaties they signed. It would be better if the nations abided by international laws and cared enough to attempt to make a difference for the benefit of all where oppression occurs, and where oppression has it's roots.
Much oppression has it's root in Europe and the United States. We are both sinners.

Upvote 0

momalle1

Veteran
Sep 27, 2005
✟10,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JamesD said:
Entertaining is hardly the word, pithy and asanine would be better.

And the friendly conversation takes a turn for the worse.

You better check out the rules JamesD. I'm not the type to report every little offense, but rude, baiting insults are not welcomed here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums