✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christ, in defining murder, said the following:

Matt 5:21 (KJV) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill ; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment."

"Without a cause" is an addition not in the original manuscripts.

The majority of translations say,

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court"

So Christ is defining hatred as murder.

If you add "without a cause" you can justify murder.

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Matt 5:21 (KJV) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill ; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment."

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court"

Your reasoning is strange.

But Jesus Christ looked on them in anger.

Removing "without a cause" accuses Jesus Christ of sin.
That is heresy.

So "without a cause" must be there.

Any version without the phrase "without a cause" has a very serious error.

Matthew 5:22b KJB
That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment

The NWT and many new versions remove “without cause.” The corruption then implies that Jesus Christ sinned in the following verse. But Jesus did not sin because He certainly had a cause.

Mark 3:5
And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts ...

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You have found zero errors in the KJB.

Why not fix the errors in the new versions.

Here is just a simple example of a very serious error.

Hebrews 2:11 KJB
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

The NWT changes this to stem from which implies origin but many new versions have something like a common origin. That says that Jesus Christ had an origin, implying that Jesus Christ was created. That is heresy.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have found zero errors in the KJB.

No offense bro, but really?
Ever check the last 6 verses of Revelation?
the KJ is an astonishingly bad translation in the 6 veses..
Overall I am a fan of it's conservative approach but there are many more accurate overall translations in this day and age.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No offense bro, but really?
Ever check the last few chapters of Revelation?
the KJ is an astonishingly bad translation in the last few chapters...
Overall I am a fan of it's conservative approach but there are many more accurate overall translations in this day and age.

The facts show otherwise.

Revelation 14:6 KJB
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

The NWT removes "the" and many new versions change "the" to "an".

Revelation 1:13 KJB
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man ….

The NWT and many new versions change “the Son of man” to “a son of man.”

Revelation 14:14 KJB
And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man ….

Revelation 1:8 KJB
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

The NWT and many new versions remove “the beginning and the ending.”

Revelation 1:5 KJB
… Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

The NWT and many new versions change “washed” to “freed.”

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The facts show otherwise.

Revelation 14:6 KJB
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

The NWT removes "the" and many new versions change "the" to "an".

Revelation 1:13 KJB
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man ….

Revelation 14:14 KJB
And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man ….

Revelation 1:8 KJB
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

The NWT and many new versions remove “the beginning and the ending.”

Revelation 1:5 KJB
… Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

The NWT and many new versions change “washed” to “freed.”

I edited it to say the last 6 verses, ever heard how Erasmus finished up his translating on those verses? it's an interesting read.

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I edited it to say the last 6 verses, ever heard how Erasmus finished up his translating on those verses? it's an interesting read.

Sounds like HIS-story.

Back to simple facts.

Revelation 1:11
King James Version (KJV)
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Many new versions and the NWT remove "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last"

This verse is a very clear prove that Jesus Christ is God and the error removes that proof.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Setyoufree. I understand that Jesus meant: " whoever is angry without a ( just) cause, is guilty." Obviously, Jesus was thinking about " Making God`s house a den of thieves," and Jesus was RIGHTEOUSLY ANGRY, when He used a whip to upset the tables of the money-changers. I say this with love
and send greetings. Emmy your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your reasoning is strange.

But Jesus Christ looked on them in anger.

Removing "without a cause" accuses Jesus Christ of sin.
That is heresy.

So "without a cause" must be there.

God's anger is not sinful, human anger. God's wrath is His reluctant departure from those who persist in unbelief. See Deut 31:17 as an example.

Any version without the phrase "without a cause" has a very serious error.

Let's go to Luke 6:27 (KJV) But I say unto you which hear , Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you....

Loving your enemies isn't killing them.

Christ, on the cross, said forgive them. These were his murders. He had every human right to come down and wipe them out because He was unjustly being punished, but He didn't. Why? There was no love of self in His life.

The last generation of Christians that go through the time of tribulation "loved not their lives even unto death". Then did not take up arms. They didn't hate...they didn't use the KJV addition "without a cause" to justify retaliation. They didn't take karate...they did as Peter said:

1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 22 "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth." 23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's anger is not sinful, human anger. God's wrath is His reluctant departure from those who persist in unbelief. See Deut 31:17 as an example.

Let's go to Luke 6:27 (KJV) But I say unto you which hear , Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you....

Loving your enemies isn't killing them.

Christ, on the cross, said forgive them. These were his murders. He had every human right to come down and wipe them out because He was unjustly being punished, but He didn't. Why? There was no love of self in His life.

The last generation of Christians that go through the time of tribulation "loved not their lives even unto death". Then did not take up arms. They didn't hate...they didn't use the KJV addition "without a cause" to justify retaliation. They didn't take karate...they did as Peter said:

1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 22 "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth." 23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

Yes. Jesus Christ is God. But Jesus Christ was made of a woman and also born under the law.

So Jesus Christ cannot break the law, that is sin.

Therefore "without a cause" must be in the verse. Those versions that do not have "without a cause" have an error which accuses Jesus Christ of sin.

But Jesus Christ did not sin.

So "without a cause" must be in the verse.

BTW - your remarks about retaliation and other junk are just false accusation.

These changes are the result of the error that almost all new versions made in relying in some way on a few corrupt manuscripts, especially Vaticanus and Sinaiticus. No intent is on anyone’s part is implied.

Here are just some of these changes. Note how the NWT changes the KJB wording and many new versions agree with the NWT against the KJB.

That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment

The NWT and many new versions remove “without cause.” The corruption then implies that Jesus Christ sinned in the following verse. But Jesus did not sin because He certainly had a cause.

And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts ...

Luke 2:22 KJB
And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

The NWT changes “her ” to “them" and many new versions change “her ” to “their”. From Leviticus 12:6, it is obvious that only the woman who gave birth needs to be purified. So Mary needed to be purified. The question is who is the other person referred to by “their”? Is it Joseph or Jesus? From the context it appears that Jesus needed to be purified. This implies that Jesus was not pure. That is a heresy.

Isaiah 7:14 KJB
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

The NWT and many new versions change “a virgin” to something like a young woman. It obscures the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure...

There's absolutely no logical reason for you conclusion.

Of course the phrase "without a cause" must be there. Those versions that do not have that are in error.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mark 3:5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts ....

KJV: "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice" Eph 4:31

KJV:" But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth" Col 3:8

Why? It's sin...it's the same has murder according to Christ.

Then you quoted Mark 3:5 "when he (Jesus) had looked round about on them with anger..."

You then concluded that Jesus never sinned, therefore "without a cause" allows justifiable anger. That's your conclusion.

Well, let's look at something in the OT:

Is 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

As to Adam's descendants, we are told "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually..."

God's thoughts are not our thoughts. Men's thoughts are evil...they are full of hatefulness. God does not hate sinners...He loves sinners, but hates sin. Why? Sin is a destroyer. The wages of sin is death.

Now, let's go back to your quote:

Here's the context:

Mark 5:1 (NAS) He entered again into a synagogue ; and a man was there whose hand was withered. 2 They (the Pharisees) were watching Him to see if He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him. 3 He said to the man with the withered hand, "Get up and come forward !" 4 And He said to them, "Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to kill ?" But they kept silent. 5 After looking around at them (the Pharisees) with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored. 6 The Pharisees went out and immediately began conspiring with the Herodians against Him, as to how they might destroy Him.

So Christ was angry at their "hardness of heart"...He was angry at their unbelief. Keep in mind what Paul states: "Whatever is not of faith is sin". So Christ was angry at their sin...their sin of unbelief. He had no hatred for the Pharisees.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So Christ was angry at their "hardness of heart"...He was angry at their unbelief. Keep in mind what Paul states: "Whatever is not of faith is sin". So Christ was angry at their sin...their sin of unbelief. He had no hatred for the Pharisees.

Therefore, "without a cause" is an addition. Humanly Christ had a cause to hate the Pharisees, but He did not.

According to the law you have no reason to hate. There's no justifiable reason to hate anyone even if they tortured and murdered someone close to you. We are to love our enemies, not retaliate with hate and murder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Therefore, "without a cause" is an addition. Humanly Christ had a cause to hate the Pharisees, but He did not.

According to the law you have no reason to hate. There's no justifiable reason to hate anyone even if they tortured and murdered someone close to you. We are to love our enemies, not retaliate with hate and murder.

Now you are changing hate to anger.

You have been refuted.

The phrase must have "without a cause" else Jesus Christ would have sinned.

But Jesus Christ never sinned.

Any version without the phrase "without a cause" has a serious error.

BTW - The word of God cannot be broken and your theory is further refuted by what Paul wrote. Obviously, Paul did not say go murder as your theory says.

Ephesians 4:26
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Upvote 0

Tomyris

IntergalacticCouchPotato in Search of PerfectCouch
Nov 18, 2012
Not Far from Peculiar (Missouri)
✟16,025.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Actually there is strong manuscript evidence both for the absence of "without cause" and its presence.

If you are arguing from your doctrine that a verse must be such-and-such, and then base your doctrine on the verse being the way you think it should be, that is circular reasoning.

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually there is strong manuscript evidence both for the absence of "without cause" and its presence.

If you are arguing from your doctrine that a verse must be such-and-such, and then base your doctrine on the verse being the way you think it should be, that is circular reasoning.

Hardly circular reasoning.

Without the phrase, it accuses Jesus Christ of sin,

But Jesus Christ did not sin.

That is God's doctrine.

Any version without the phrase "without a cause" has a serious error.

BTW - The word of God cannot be broken and your theory is further refuted by what Paul wrote. Obviously, Paul did not say go murder as your theory says.

Ephesians 4:26
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Upvote 0