Witchcraft and politics. What is the threat to the church?

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This started out as a post but ended up another thread. Forgive me but i have a lot on my mind spiritually..

It occurs to me that people think the great threat to the church is Satanism or the occult. Satan will attack us regardless of witchcraft in my opinion. Rebellion is like witchcraft in God's eyes according to the Scriptures.

This means that political rebellion that we see in Titus chapter 3 and Romans 13 is like witchcraft.

Not to mention that politics cause war, division, strife, friction, contention, bitterness, slander, judging, hostility, and lording over other people instead of serving them in love. It's not living at peace with all men or holiness that Scripture teaches us we must follow. It's not the gospel of peace.

Politics are anti faith in my understanding They're full of worry over money, social security, and jobs. God said not to worry about such things.

Politics are full of complaints and discontent. God said do not complain but be grateful and to be content in all things..

Politics are full of suspicious and conspiracy theories. These are not spirit minded. Politics teach fear over worldly matters but not faith in God.

Politics are like Israel looking for help from Egypt and their rebellion against Gods authority who was Babylon at the same time. We are like Jeremiah in that way.

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 10:37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Philippians 3:8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ

Philippians 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know anyone personally who rebels against politicians of any party. Why bother ?
Politics is rebellion. It pits two sides against each other. Republicans don't submit to Biden and Democrats don't submit to Trump. They intead slander each other with bitterness, hate, scorn, gossip, suspicions, and conspiracy theories.

They fear economic concerns like recession, social security, welfare, and jobs. They fight over these things. They complain like israel did in the wilderness when following Moses. It's sin. Its not peace. It's not trust, faith, hope.or love in Christ, according to Jesus and the apostles doctrine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is the "us" you refer to ?? The true followers of Jesus do not.
I'm talking about Christians. I don't judge people. If they say they're Christian then God is their judge so I'll let him do his job. I judge actions and words only but not people themselves.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
the instructions for judgement are plainly put in Scripture for the assembly, what to do.
nor for individuals on their own.

EXB
It is not my business to judge those who are ·not part of the church . God will judge them. But you must judge the people who are ·part of the church . The Scripture says, “You must ·get rid of [expel; remove] the evil person among you [Deut. 17:7; 19:19; 22:21, 24; 24:7].”

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the instructions for judgement are plainly put in Scripture for the assembly, what to do.

EXB
It is not my business to judge those who are ·not part of the church . God will judge them. But you must judge the people who are ·part of the church . The Scripture says, “You must ·get rid of [expel; remove] the evil person among you [Deut. 17:7; 19:19; 22:21, 24; 24:7].”
Paul said a spiritual man is judged by no one but the Lord. Teachers don't see the sin of political lust, worry, fear, slander, gossip, lording over others, division, bitterness, complaints, discontent, and strife in their own flock so they are not qualified to judge me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

EXB
We are supposed to judge the church but we don't, as I described in the previous post

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Paul said a spiritual man is judged by no one but the Lord. Teachers don't see the sin of political lust, worry, fear, slander, gossip, lording over others, division, bitterness, complaints, discontent, and strife in their own flock so they are not qualified to judge me.
You have judged yourself already, plainly. And not living in peace is one result.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel peace today.. I don't fight in politics either so it's living in peace
Jesus is peaceful. They sought to kill Him, to silence Him, right up until today.

Jesus' followers are peaceful. They are being martyred daily.

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟490,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This started out as a post but ended up another thread. Forgive me but i have a lot on my mind spiritually..

It occurs to me that people think the great threat to the church is Satanism or the occult. Satan will attack us regardless of witchcraft in my opinion. Rebellion is like witchcraft in God's eyes according to the Scriptures.

This means that political rebellion that we see in Titus chapter 3 and Romans 13 is like witchcraft.

Not to mention that politics cause war, division, strife, friction, contention, bitterness, slander, judging, hostility, and lording over other people instead of serving them in love. It's not living at peace with all men or holiness that Scripture teaches us we must follow. It's not the gospel of peace.

Politics are anti faith in my understanding They're full of worry over money, social security, and jobs. God said not to worry about such things.

Politics are full of complaints and discontent. God said do not complain but be grateful and to be content in all things..

Politics are full of suspicious and conspiracy theories. These are not spirit minded. Politics teach fear over worldly matters but not faith in God.

Politics are like Israel looking for help from Egypt and their rebellion against Gods authority who was Babylon at the same time. We are like Jeremiah in that way.

You raise a very interesting point, in that while the devil and his demons can only tempt us, and can be dispatched by the Cross and by the name of Jesus, and thus the occult does not pose us an individual danger unless we are stupid enough to engage in it* , there is a risk of politicians who are not Christian or whose Christianity is week being seduced through occult practices, for example, in Freemasonry, or in other popular occult practices. For example, Eleanor Roosevelt used to conduct seances in the White House.

I do think there is something we can and should do about it, as Christians, and that is to pray for our leaders. In my church, in the US, we pray for the President of the United States and all Civil Authorities at the beginning of each service. In the UK, we pray for the Sovereign King Charles III, Parliament and all Civil Authorities, and so on, depending on the country. By praying for our political and governmental leadership, we are asking God to guide them and protect them from demonic influences.

So thank you for posting that, it was very interesting and a very important point.

*Unfortunately, there are too many Christians who do engage in the occult, for example, by reading horoscopes; I was one of the Christians stupid enough to do that just once, and only once, and the result was an absolute spiritual and personal disaster; every Christian should flee from astrology, even when it seems harmless, for example, the placemats at Chinese restaurants explaining the Chinese zodiac).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Eleanor Roosevelt used to conduct seances in the White House.
Without verifying that particular , is that why she wouldn't let her husband visit someone who could have (probably easily) healed him?

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟490,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Without verifying that particular , is that why she wouldn't let her husband visit someone who could have (probably easily) healed him?

As far as I know she was not a member of the New Thought movement such as a Christian Scientist, and I haven’t heard of her engaging in divination, but perhaps if a spirit in a seance “warned” her not to, that would explain it. It is possible, to be sure.

Upvote 0