US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't try to stop him from listening to it I just complain about it a lot. I hate it. No head phones don't help if I see him watching videos and I shouldn't have to sit in another room to wait for him to stop watching rap videos. We are both African American and it's kinda part of our culture and I used to like rap before I became born again, but now I can't stand it. The music videos are basically inappropriate contentography without the full act and they don't talk about anything positive. They degrade women, Talk about killing people and flaunt their money that they get from the public who can barely afford to pay their bills.

I tell my boyfriend I can't stand it all the time. And sometimes he puts on videos of Nicki Minaj or women that are basically naked and then looks back and smirks at me. I told him I feel like your doing it to antagonize me. He thinks he's hilarious. So he just changed the songs to something else cause I told him he was making me mad. He's immature I realize I'm dating a 21 year old and I'm 27 but still it drives me nuts sometimes.

I just pray off and on that he'll get tired of listening to music that supports that evil lifestyle.

I've had a classmate tell her rap music makes her physically angry and she can't stand it so I know it can't just be me. Also looked up a study said rap listeners more likely to be psychopaths.

Help I think it's everything wrong with society. And that gangster rap has caused society to degrade. Not sure if anyone has heard of G Craig Lewis the truth behind hip hop( I think the man is kinda a slickster trying to make money off of a gimick) but i also think some of his points are true about hip hop being inspired by the devil. After all the devil was in charge of music.
-___-

basilbear76

May 25, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
✟9,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't try to stop him from listening to it I just complain about it a lot. I hate it. No head phones don't help if I see him watching videos and I shouldn't have to sit in another room to wait for him to stop watching rap videos. We are both African American and it's kinda part of our culture and I used to like rap before I became born again, but now I can't stand it. The music videos are basically inappropriate contentography without the full act and they don't talk about anything positive. They degrade women, Talk about killing people and flaunt their money that they get from the public who can barely afford to pay their bills.

I tell my boyfriend I can't stand it all the time. And sometimes he puts on videos of Nicki Minaj or women that are basically naked and then looks back and smirks at me. I told him I feel like your doing it to antagonize me. He thinks he's hilarious. So he just changed the songs to something else cause I told him he was making me mad. He's immature I realize I'm dating a 21 year old and I'm 27 but still it drives me nuts sometimes.

I just pray off and on that he'll get tired of listening to music that supports that evil lifestyle.

I've had a classmate tell her rap music makes her physically angry and she can't stand it so I know it can't just be me. Also looked up a study said rap listeners more likely to be psychopaths.

Help I think it's everything wrong with society. And that gangster rap has caused society to degrade. Not sure if anyone has heard of G Craig Lewis the truth behind hip hop( I think the man is kinda a slickster trying to make money off of a gimick) but i also think some of his points are true about hip hop being inspired by the devil. After all the devil was in charge of music.
-___-

I'm sure your boy friend loves your nagging him about his choice of music.

And where did you get the idea that the devil was in charge of music?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure your boy friend loves your nagging him about his choice of music.

And where did you get the idea that the devil was in charge of music?

Dude, the Devil is in charge of music. That's his thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

-___-

It's my opinion that you end this relationship asap. Nothing good is going to happen here.

• Agree
Reactions: WESTOZZIE
Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2Co 6:14 Do not try to work together as equals with unbelievers, for it cannot be done. How can right and wrong be partners? How can light and darkness live together?
2Co 6:15 How can Christ and the Devil agree? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
2Co 6:16 How can God's temple come to terms with pagan idols? For we are the temple of the living God! As God himself has said, "I will make my home with my people and live among them; I will be their God, and they shall be my people."
2Co 6:17 And so the Lord says, "You must leave them and separate yourselves from them. Have nothing to do with what is unclean, and I will accept you.
2Co 6:18 I will be your father, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

-___-
Is your boyfirend a Christian? you can show him some bible verses about protecting that window to your soul and that we are to meditate on what is good and right and then pull up the lyrics sheets on what he is listening too. You can put your foot down and say you will not be around that stuff. If he won't respect your opposition he is really showing he does not care what you think. Your case is that music is not of God and you have a right to live without being subject to it. I hate it when at a red light someone pulls up with it blaring you can hear it loud with the windows rolled up. Its invasive.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's my opinion that you end this relationship asap. Nothing good is going to happen here.

I'm not ending my 5 year relationship with the father of my child of who we share finances with just over rap music. I hate rap,but I think it would be a petty reason to end a relationship. He was raised Christian but spent his life in gangs which he isn't in now. He's improved a lot and there are little things from his old life that are still being worked out no human is perfect.

• Agree
Reactions: BonnieL322
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, you're not going to change this about him.

While I am not a big fan of rap myself, we should not assume that it's "devil music." No Scripture supports this.

Know it by the fruits... It talks about everything that God doesn't agree with so if it's not for God it's against him. That's kind of common sense, not trying to sound all high and mighty but if Nicki Minaj is shaking her butt in a thong she's not your wife and she's singing about sexual things and showing her body to the world and God says in the Bible abstain from fornication, lusting with eyes is already committing fornication in the heart, and that women should dress modestly. Um yeah what she's promoting is sin. If God says don't commit murder and rappers are singing they shot so and so and their mom in the head obviously a sin. I would say yeah this is clearly the devil's music. And I'm far from a perfect Christian but I'm not in denial of what's sin and sinful and devilish and what's not. I know when I'm up to no good and when I'm not. People like to make exceptions and excuses for what they like to do but God's not dumb.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is an entirely different argument but their are liberal Christians that make exceptions for everything

Homosexuality, secular music, profanity, promiscuity, idols etc. They like to debate facts that are evident in the Bible. They like to cause confusion when right and wrong are clearly defined. I'm not from that camp. I am apostolic and they preach the entire gospel. So when I curse or do things I shouldn't I know God isn't happy with me. Just own up to what sin is is all I gotta say to these people stop lying to people and letting them believe God understands their sin. He's not making exceptions. He said no sin is entering into heaven and I'm pretty sure he means it. God says he rather people be hot or cold lukewarm christians he doesn't want.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Know it by the fruits... It talks about everything that God doesn't agree with so if it's not for God it's against him. That's kind of common sense, not trying to sound all high and mighty but if Nicki Minaj is shaking her butt in a thong she's not your wife and she's singing about sexual things and showing her body to the world and God says in the Bible abstain from fornication, lusting with eyes is already committing fornication in the heart, and that women should dress modestly. Um yeah what she's promoting is sin. If God says don't commit murder and rappers are singing they shot so and so and their mom in the head obviously a sin. I would say yeah this is clearly the devil's music. And I'm far from a perfect Christian but I'm not in denial of what's sin and sinful and devilish and what's not. I know when I'm up to no good and when I'm not. People like to make exceptions and excuses for what they like to do but God's not dumb.

I'm not defending the content you describe, I'm defending the genre of rap. It's one thing to say that sinful content is sinful, it's another to brand an entire genre "devil music". It literally states that no song in that genre can possibly be without sin. I am not quick to apply that label. There's lots of songs with objectionable content in lots of genres, that doesn't make the entire genres themselves bad. I am not familiar enough with gangsta rap to know if there are songs within the genre that pass the Philippians 4:8 test. If any do, the genre is not "devil music" - though there are many songs within it that are bad to listen to.

• Agree
Reactions: BonnieL322
Upvote 0