WIN 1000 Blessings!!! Challenge: Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the monthly challenges haven't caught on, I'm going to offer a challenge for the American holiday of Thanksgiving.

Submit a picture that portrays thanksgiving. It can be a person giving thanks, something that you are thankful for, or something else entirely but the merit should be in its portrayal of thanksgiving (not necessarily the American holiday). You might be very thankful for your new stove, but how can you SHOW that in a photograph.

I'll leave the challenge open until the end of the month when I'll start a poll with all the submissions. Shoot away!

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll offer 1000 blessings to the winner of the popular vote -- if anybody would like to add to the prize, please bless me and PM me to let me know to add to the prize.

Note: this thread should be reserved for the submission of photographs for the contest. Please discuss the thread or pictures elsewhere until after the contest.

Upvote 0

fisherman2

Nov 28, 2003
penna, usa
Visit site
✟15,750.00
Faith
Christian
This is my homeless friend Steven, he has lived on the streets for 17 years, he collects cans to make money. I am thankful that I can give him my time, to make his days a little more meaningful, so many homeless are just walked by, no one takes the time to really know these folks that are down on the luck. But if you stop and talk to them, they smile, laugh, and enjoy some company, that is what i am thankfull for..

Attachments

• steven (600 x 395).jpg
    steven (600 x 395).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
these should all be original pictures -- that you snapped yourself. Did you take those yourself Celine Dion? Not that I'll be upset or anything, but in a photography challenge they should be origional work.

Anyway there's been an auspicious lack of entries... I'll leave this open until Sunday evening... but with possibly only one submission voting will be easier.

I also have a photograph I'd like to submit... so there will be at least two.

Anybody looking for 1000 blessings?

Upvote 0

Southern Cross

Conservative Republican Hippy People Shooter
Oct 29, 2004
Sunny Central Florida, USA (woo hoo!)
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Deamiter - very cool idea! I like it. Maybe give us some more warning to make it happen? For instance, a lot of us are working, and maybe we want to go out and actually capture a new original picture rather than taking one out of our archives. May need a bit more time to do that.

It would be great to start a Christmas contest now - maybe end it December 31 - gives us about 4 weeks to post a picture. What do you think?

Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jynarik Slushy said:
After all this is the photography forum!
'tis true. I think it would be unfair to those who WERE taking pictures to allow any picture ripped from the internet. It would also be illegal, though I'm not sure any photographer would actually take you on legally for gaining 1000 blessings... we'll stay on the right side of the law here.

Anyway, here's a countdown to the end of this month's challenge. I'll go put one up for Christmas now -- with PLENTY of lead time so you can all go get cracking!

[countdown=December 6, 2004]End of Thanksgiving Challenge![/countdown]

Note: this timer requires Java applets that are frequently used for security... on slower machines it may slow download times. To speed it up, you can always turn off applets in your browser, but if it gets rediculous, let me know and I'll take timers out of my challenges. It's a new feature (thank Erwin!) so you don't have the option to turn it off in your profile and it hasn't been tested a whole lot in the general forums.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CelineDion

Jul 28, 2004
America
✟17,705.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I had permission from the photographer and it is photography just not "original" which really it is original to those who have never seen it. But i guess thats alright. I tried. I do alot of photography but not with a digital. I feel digital photography isnt very good. Anyways well i'll erase my pics.

Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, I think I'm going to insist that you own the copyright to any pictures submitted for the competitions. That means you pressed the button on the camera.

As for digital photography, my girlfriend agrees with you completely. I work primarily with digital photography (as an amateur) and she never fails to remind me how flawed it is. Of course, once I've got enough money for a decent digital camera, there really will be no difference between quality of film and digital up to about poster-sized blowups, and I can do a lot more editing much quicker with digital, but certainly the hands-on aspect is something she enjoys a lot.

For submitting your photographs on the internet, please do find a scanner and scan them! I certainly don't mean to leave out film photographers in these challenges, though you might not be able to make it by the end of this one. Certainly I'd expect your school to have one, probably in the library or computer lab (or at LEAST in the office) but I'm certain you can find a friend who's got one too... If all else fails, Kinko's or another copying business can scan your photographs for a very small fee.

I hope you understand! I don't want to censor you in any way, but I do want people to submit their own work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.