william gurnall - the christian in complete armour. how good is it?

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I ordered it. people say it's the 2nd greatest book ever behind the bible.

Charles Spurgeon,John Newton, and Dave Wilkerson,all considered it second only to the Bible,and after ordering the 3-volume set from Christianbook,I must agree.

I love it,and I believe you will too. So very needed in these end days,with so many giving nothing but "fluff sermons"
from the pulpit,instead of equipping the saints for battle.
:thumbsup::clap:

Product Description

John Newton, author of the hymn "Amazing Grace," said, "If I might read only one book beside the Bible, I would choose The Christian in Complete Armour." Charles Spurgeon wrote, "Gurnall's work is peerless and priceless; every line is full of wisdom; every sentence is suggestive." David Wilkerson, author of The Cross and the Switchblade, wrote, "The Christian in Complete Armour should be in the library of every man and woman of God." Originally written in 1655 in three volumes, this Puritan classic on spiritual warfare has been updated into modern English and abridged for easy reading. Volume 1 covers our call to arms, being armed, the nature of warfare and the character of Satan, and standing in the fight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I ordered it. people say it's the 2nd greatest book ever behind the bible.

Just had to ask if you have started reading it yet,and if so,do you find it as hard to put down as I do?:thumbsup::bow:

Upvote 0

Mattsanity

Jul 24, 2004
Toronto
✟343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read part 1 and 2 and Im halfway done part 3 but I feel like I need to read all 3 parts over and over. gurnall's words and insight are way too deep for me to handle because he expects you to be a christian in complete armour without any chinks or malfunctions in your armour. it's an incredible book and it definitely cannot be read only once.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I read part 1 and 2 and Im halfway done part 3 but I feel like I need to read all 3 parts over and over. gurnall's words and insight are way too deep for me to handle because he expects you to be a christian in complete armour without any chinks or malfunctions in your armour. it's an incredible book and it definitely cannot be read only once.

I so agree,I keep which volume I am reading right on top of my Bible(since they are smaller) beside my chair. Like the Bible it is a book to be read everyday,and one which you are barely able to tear yourself away from. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

regencygirl

When parasols are in vogue again, I'll be ready.
Apr 8, 2010
Richmond, VA
✟15,188.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I just started reading this one tonight, and so far it seems very straightforward and surprisingly absorbing (for some reason I expected it to be dry, but I wanted to read it anyway...I was pleasantly surprised!) :)

Upvote 0