Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hebrews 10:26 - 31. I read this verse and I keep on willfully sinning. I haven't repented in a while, because I know I'm gonna sin again. I don't want to stop sinning. I don't fornicate, smoke, drink or drugs. I do the little things but those still matter, I haven't surrendered my will which is also a big thing. I don't want to do it now I want to do it later. But when I read this verse I am insulting the spirit of grace! But how can I stop doing the stuff that I love? How can I stop loving this world? I want to be a successful young woman, but ok my own. But if I save my life I will lose it. Especially being in highschool you don't know how tempting it is to be the IT girl, be smart have a job and play a sport. But if I have to surrender my will I won't be able to do all these things. Now I feel like God cannot hear my prayers because I haven't surrendered my sin. Last year I used to repent and everything and surrender my will and pray, but now I just pray and only pray. Man it's so hard to explain. Pray for me tht God will win me over and the devil will not touch me. Hopefully I make it out of this confusing state of life. And I don't die. I thank God because by his grace I am able to wake up every morning , when I should be dead and not in heaven. He is so good, I feel so bad for disrespecting Jesus I hope he forgives me. Any advice?

• Prayers
Reactions: Sarah G

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hebrews 10:26 - 31. I read this verse and I keep on willfully sinning. I haven't repented in a while, because I know I'm gonna sin again. I don't want to stop sinning. I don't fornicate, smoke, drink or drugs. I do the little things but those still matter, I haven't surrendered my will which is also a big thing. I don't want to do it now I want to do it later. But when I read this verse I am insulting the spirit of grace! But how can I stop doing the stuff that I love? How can I stop loving this world? I want to be a successful young woman, but ok my own. But if I save my life I will lose it. Especially being in highschool you don't know how tempting it is to be the IT girl, be smart have a job and play a sport. But if I have to surrender my will I won't be able to do all these things. Now I feel like God cannot hear my prayers because I haven't surrendered my sin. Last year I used to repent and everything and surrender my will and pray, but now I just pray and only pray. Man it's so hard to explain. Pray for me tht God will win me over and the devil will not touch me. Hopefully I make it out of this confusing state of life. And I don't die. I thank God because by his grace I am able to wake up every morning , when I should be dead and not in heaven. He is so good, I feel so bad for disrespecting Jesus I hope he forgives me. Any advice?

get baptized in JESUS name and seek the Holy Spirit like never before that helped me. I read a verse about how baptism washes away sins and the HOly Spirit enables you to resist sin and sought to do those things.

I was like you I tried just accept as savior alone and determination alone but it didn't work so I tried something else and never been the same since, I preach and i'm a musician now as well.

I will keep in prayers but I suggest you consider trying something new try what I suggested.

Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
get baptized in JESUS name and seek the Holy Spirit like never before that helped me. I read a verse about how baptism washes away sins and the HOly Spirit enables you to resist sin and sought to do those things.

I was like you I tried just accept as savior alone and determination alone but it didn't work so I tried something else and never been the same since, I preach and i'm a musician now as well.

I will keep in prayers but I suggest you consider trying something new try what I suggested.
Thanks and I already got baptized at 13

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks and I already got baptized at 13
Nice keep seeking the Holy Spirit then more power from on high and it helps to have other saints or just people praying and being there with you. Trust me never isolate yourself. Also if you feel led maybe be rebaptized it depends on you though

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi LostChildinTheMidst,

The verse you're referring to, when understood in context, is not talking about "willful sin" in the sense of giving into temptation or continuing to struggle with a particular sin. Hebrews 10 is all about being saved by faith and the warning about rejecting this gift of salvation, which is found in Christ alone, thereby "trampling the blood of Christ underfoot. I think it would help to take a close look at the entire chapter.

Hebrews 10

1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

(here we see that the Law is but a shadow that pointed to Christ, as the sacrificial system was inadequate and could not save anyone)

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

(If these repeated sacrifices had been sufficient to perfect those making them, then they would not have had to been continually repeated.)

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

(Animal sacrifice cannot save anyone from sin.)

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

(Jesus came to do the Father's will, that He would be the ultimate sacrifice for sin. He alone takes away the sin of the world as the perfect, spotless Lamb of God. By His sacrifice He declares that animal sacrifice is not sufficient and only He (Christ) can take away sins, forever and completely.)

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

(Christ's [one time for all] sacrifice is entirely sufficient for our sanctification.)

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

(Unlike the sacrifices the priests offered, which had to been continually repeated)

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

(We have a new covenant with God, through Christ and His sacrifice)

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

(There is no other offering but Christ's death on the cross. His sacrifice alone takes away sin.)

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21 And having an high priest over the house of God;

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

(We can and should have full assurance of our salvation, because Jesus' sacrifice is absolutely sufficient and we have Him as our High Priest as well.)

23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

(We should always love and encourage each other as brothers and sisters in Christ, encouraging in love and good works and also regularly meeting together in fellowship, especially in these last days.)

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

The verse to which you are referring (highlighted in bold and underlined above) makes sense when we keep reading. We can then see that the "willful sin" being discussed is the treading underfoot of the Son of God, despising the "blood of the covenant" that has sanctified us, and considering it an "unholy thing." All that to say that the "willful sin" is rejecting Christ's sacrifice for sin (the only sacrifice that is sufficient) and considering it to be unworthy.

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

33 Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.

34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

(And Scripture tells us the will of God is to believe on the Son)

37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

(And here it is confirmed again, we live by faith.)

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

(And again, we believe on the Son and His one time sacrifice that saves us.)

You may also want to continue reading Hebrews 11. In this chapter you will find what is referred to as "the Hall of Faith" because it talks about many OT people who were justified not by works, but by their faith and trust in God.

I hope this helped, but if I wasn't clear enough, please feel free to ask me to explain. :)

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi LostChildinTheMidst,

The verse you're referring to, when understood in context, is not talking about "willful sin" in the sense of giving into temptation or continuing to struggle with a particular sin. Hebrews 10 is all about being saved by faith and the warning about rejecting this gift of salvation, which is found in Christ alone, thereby "trampling the blood of Christ underfoot. I think it would help to take a close look at the entire chapter.

Hebrews 10

1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

(here we see that the Law is but a shadow that pointed to Christ, as the sacrificial system was inadequate and could not save anyone)

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

(If these repeated sacrifices had been sufficient to perfect those making them, then they would not have had to been continually repeated.)

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

(Animal sacrifice cannot save anyone from sin.)

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

(Jesus came to do the Father's will, that He would be the ultimate sacrifice for sin. He alone takes away the sin of the world as the perfect, spotless Lamb of God. By His sacrifice He declares that animal sacrifice is not sufficient and only He (Christ) can take away sins, forever and completely.)

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

(Christ's [one time for all] sacrifice is entirely sufficient for our sanctification.)

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

(Unlike the sacrifices the priests offered, which had to been continually repeated)

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

(We have a new covenant with God, through Christ and His sacrifice)

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

(There is no other offering but Christ's death on the cross. His sacrifice alone takes away sin.)

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21 And having an high priest over the house of God;

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

(We can and should have full assurance of our salvation, because Jesus' sacrifice is absolutely sufficient and we have Him as our High Priest as well.)

23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

(We should always love and encourage each other as brothers and sisters in Christ, encouraging in love and good works and also regularly meeting together in fellowship, especially in these last days.)

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

The verse to which you are referring (highlighted in bold and underlined above) makes sense when we keep reading. We can then see that the "willful sin" being discussed is the treading underfoot of the Son of God, despising the "blood of the covenant" that has sanctified us, and considering it an "unholy thing." All that to say that the "willful sin" is rejecting Christ's sacrifice for sin (the only sacrifice that is sufficient) and considering it to be unworthy.

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

33 Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.

34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

(And Scripture tells us the will of God is to believe on the Son)

37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

(And here it is confirmed again, we live by faith.)

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

(And again, we believe on the Son and His one time sacrifice that saves us.)

You may also want to continue reading Hebrews 11. In this chapter you will find what is referred to as "the Hall of Faith" because it talks about many OT people who were justified not by works, but by their faith and trust in God.

I hope this helped, but if I wasn't clear enough, please feel free to ask me to explain. :)
This helped so much. Thank you so much God bless you

• Friendly
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 10:13

There is always a way of escape so long as you are part of the Lords body, that is the church.

A strong love for Christ will insure you choose a different hobby or whatever you like that is knowingly sinning (Mark 9:47 for example)

John 14:15 and John 15:14

I wouldn't stop praying either. Tons of scripture as to why we should be praying "without ceasing". 1 John 1 for example should help lighten your mood. Christians are going to sin no matter they know it or not, it happens, we are imperfect beings. The question is, are you going to get right with God and obey His gospel?

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This helped so much. Thank you so much God bless you

You're very welcome :) Please remember that Jesus will never leave you or forsake you.

I also love Paul's words here:

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:37-39

And here too:

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

God bless you always!

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
hebrews 10:26 - 31. I read this verse and I keep on willfully sinning. I haven't repented in a while, because I know I'm gonna sin again. I don't want to stop sinning. I don't fornicate, smoke, drink or drugs. I do the little things but those still matter, I haven't surrendered my will which is also a big thing. I don't want to do it now I want to do it later. But when I read this verse I am insulting the spirit of grace! But how can I stop doing the stuff that I love? How can I stop loving this world? I want to be a successful young woman, but ok my own. But if I save my life I will lose it.

You need to be saved; you need to be made anew, born again, by faith in Jesus as your Saviour and submission to him as your Lord; you need to love God with all of your being. The problem is, though, that you can't, of yourself, do any of these things. You will never find in yourself the will to sacrifice what you want for what God wants; you will never find in yourself a love for God greater than your love for yourself. Only God can make you willing to die to your own will and way; only God can give you a love for Him that is greater than your love for yourself. He will give you the ability and the desire to do His will (Phil. 2:13) But first you must come in repentance, confession and faith to Him.

Especially being in highschool you don't know how tempting it is to be the IT girl, be smart have a job and play a sport. But if I have to surrender my will I won't be able to do all these things. Now I feel like God cannot hear my prayers because I haven't surrendered my sin.

This is part of the price sin exacts from us. The very first casualty of your sin is always fellowship with God. (Isa. 59:2) Until you see how incredible it is that God has extended Himself to you, until you see that nothing you can desire from this life and world compares to the excellency and awesomeness of knowing and loving God, you will continue to chase after and value the fleeting, superficial, and ultimately unsatisfying things of the World. But only God can make you understand just how incredibly awesome He is. Ask Him to. And keep asking 'til He does.

Last year I used to repent and everything and surrender my will and pray, but now I just pray and only pray. Man it's so hard to explain. Pray for me tht God will win me over and the devil will not touch me. Hopefully I make it out of this confusing state of life. And I don't die. I thank God because by his grace I am able to wake up every morning , when I should be dead and not in heaven. He is so good, I feel so bad for disrespecting Jesus I hope he forgives me. Any advice?

Have you been discipled? Do have a mature believer who can walk with you and teach what it means to walk well with God? Do you have anyone praying for you? These things are super important to being a stable, mature Christian.

Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need to be saved; you need to be made anew, born again, by faith in Jesus as your Saviour and submission to him as your Lord; you need to love God with all of your being. The problem is, though, that you can't, of yourself, do any of these things. You will never find in yourself the will to sacrifice what you want for what God wants; you will never find in yourself a love for God greater than your love for yourself. Only God can make you willing to die to your own will and way; only God can give you a love for Him that is greater than your love for yourself. He will give you the ability and the desire to do His will (Phil. 2:13) But first you must come in repentance, confession and faith to Him.

This is part of the price sin exacts from us. The very first casualty of your sin is always fellowship with God. (Isa. 59:2) Until you see how incredible it is that God has extended Himself to you, until you see that nothing you can desire from this life and world compares to the excellency and awesomeness of knowing and loving God, you will continue to chase after and value the fleeting, superficial, and ultimately unsatisfying things of the World. But only God can make you understand just how incredibly awesome He is. Ask Him to. And keep asking 'til He does.

Have you been discipled? Do have a mature believer who can walk with you and teach what it means to walk well with God? Do you have anyone praying for you? These things are super important to being a stable, mature Christian.
Not really

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
hebrews 10:26 - 31. I read this verse and I keep on willfully sinning. I haven't repented in a while, because I know I'm gonna sin again. I don't want to stop sinning. I don't fornicate, smoke, drink or drugs. I do the little things but those still matter, I haven't surrendered my will which is also a big thing. I don't want to do it now I want to do it later. But when I read this verse I am insulting the spirit of grace! But how can I stop doing the stuff that I love? How can I stop loving this world?

I want to be a successful young woman, but ok my own. But if I save my life I will lose it.

Especially being in highschool you don't know how tempting it is to be the IT girl, be smart have a job and play a sport. But if I have to surrender my will I won't be able to do all these things. Now I feel like God cannot hear my prayers because I haven't surrendered my sin. Last year I used to repent and everything and surrender my will and pray, but now I just pray and only pray. Man it's so hard to explain. Pray for me tht God will win me over and the devil will not touch me. Hopefully I make it out of this confusing state of life. And I don't die. I thank God because by his grace I am able to wake up every morning , when I should be dead and not in heaven. He is so good, I feel so bad for disrespecting Jesus I hope he forgives me. Any advice?

You can be successful as a christian young lady...note the following christian ladies:
Jennifer Wiseman: Astronomer, astrophysicist she earned Bachelor's degree in physics from MIT, and earned her Ph.d in astronomy from Harvard University.
Joined NASA in 2003; where she serves as senior project scientist for the
Hubble Space Telescope.

Bethany Hamilton: Professional Surfer, at age 13 she lost her left arm due to
being attacked by a shark...she fought her way back and in 3 weeks she was learning how to balance herself so she could surf.
Founded the Friends of Bethany Foundation, an evangelistic organization that
helps survivors of sharks attacks and amputees.
She's married and has a two year old son.

Allyson Felix: gold-medal Olympic runner and daughter of an ordained minister. Allyson uses sports as a platform to promote the gospel.

Jill Blashack is the founder and CEO of Tastefully Simple, a $100 million-plus business that offers a large selection of easy-to-prepare foods.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not really

And what of the other things I wrote? What do you think about them?

Do you attend a church where you can find a mature believer with whom to enter into a process of discipleship? Can you find no one with whom to share your struggles so that they can pray for you?

God never intended that His children should be islands unto themselves. He wants you in community with other disciples of Christ, strengthened and supported by them.

In the end, though, what you need can't be found except in God Himself. If some small part of you wants to be a person who loves God more than anything, from that part call out to God to change you, to make you who only He can make you to be. And keep calling out to Him until He answers.

From experience I can tell you that the way God may answer can be very unexpected. We look for a "golden moment" with Him that forever changes us, but that may come only through a process that is not golden at all. Sometimes, the way God moves us towards Himself is by first letting us move away into darkness where we taste of the terrible bitterness of our sin and self-centeredness. I hope this won't be necessary with you. The consequences of sin often leave scars.

Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Repent can't be made in literally 1 day , God told us to repent but God can only told you to repent , he can't tell you to repent slowly because he can do only pure good , meaning full repent , but we humans can't repent fully , it takes time (1 John 1:8-9) . Eventually you will stop doing what you do or do it less , i used to curse every 3-4 words , 70 or so days after accepting Christ when my friend said cursewird in our talk while playing games it literally hurt me like sword piecing me because i was not used to hear somebody cursing anymore .

Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And what of the other things I wrote? What do you think about them?

Do you attend a church where you can find a mature believer with whom to enter into a process of discipleship? Can you find no one with whom to share your struggles so that they can pray for you?

God never intended that His children should be islands unto themselves. He wants you in community with other disciples of Christ, strengthened and supported by them.

In the end, though, what you need can't be found except in God Himself. If some small part of you wants to be a person who loves God more than anything, from that part call out to God to change you, to make you who only He can make you to be. And keep calling out to Him until He answers.

From experience I can tell you that the way God may answer can be very unexpected. We look for a "golden moment" with Him that forever changes us, but that may come only through a process that is not golden at all. Sometimes, the way God moves us towards Himself is by first letting us move away into darkness where we taste of the terrible bitterness of our sin and self-centeredness. I hope this won't be necessary with you. The consequences of sin often leave scars.
Thank you. I used to go to church but we moved

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. I used to go to church but we moved
That is a telling statement. You are not in fellowship.

When I went off to college I was a strong believer. But once in college I did not find a church to go to or other believers to hang out with on a regular basis, and within 3 months almost totally fell away. Going home on Christmas/New Years break, I was shocked to see how hard and worldly I had become.

We all need regular and constant fellowship with other believers. Find a good congregation and get involved as much as you can.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Amen! To "sin willfully" in the Greek carries the idea of deliberate intention that is habitual, which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is CONTINUOUS ACTION - A MATTER OF PRACTICE. Now we don't walk along our daily life and "accidentally" fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows a CONTINUOUS ACTION. The unrighteous practice sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21) not the righteous, who are born of God (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9).

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So. I am the Voodoo Child.

You are fallible of the finite world.

I am of the infinite world.

Upvote 0