Will we recognize our loved ones and friends in heaven?

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Also, can we see those on earth when we are in heaven?
I don't believe we will be able to because if there is only peace and tranquility in heaven then we should not be able to see the suffering on earth.
I am not sure we will know our loved ones. I think there was something someone stood on in the scriptures saying yes we will but how can we really know unless we have died and then come alive and go back to earth. Seems like there is something contradicting any theory that we will know our loved ones in heaven in the scriptures.

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Peter discerned that Moses and Elijah stood next to our Lord when he was transfigured on the mountain, so I believe we will recognize all believers in glory, not just our loved ones.

I don't think we will look down from heaven, there would be no reason. I see us being in a perfect state of holy contemplation of the glory of Christ, that years on earth will be to us as a few passing moments before the final day when we are resurrected.

Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't believe we will be able to because if there is only peace and tranquility in heaven then we should not be able to see the suffering on earth.
I am not sure we will know our loved ones. I think there was something someone stood on in the scriptures saying yes we will but how can we really know unless we have died and then come alive and go back to earth. Seems like there is something contradicting any theory that we will know our loved ones in heaven in the scriptures.
Why would we not know them? Lord Jesus knows us as individuals. We get a new body but we will still be recognisable. Lord Jesus still had the scars in his hands, feet and side.

Upvote 0

Barnabas2

Aug 31, 2019
Suffolk
✟9,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Always remember, the Bible is the final authority for all matters of faith and practice. So, to answer your question. YES!
We will know and recognize our believing relatives and friends in Heaven. How do we know? 1) On the mount of transfiguration our Saviour was seen talking to Moses and Elijah. The disciples knew who they were as they we discussing Jesus soon to be death upon the cross. 2) The resurrected Jesus. Most everyone who saw Him recognized Him. In addition they could see the print of the nails in His hands and the marks of the thorns on His brow.
Without a doubt we will re ognise and know our loved ones and our Christian brothers and sisters in Heaven. How terrible a place it would be if we did not know or recognize anyone there. Millions of strangers. No, praise God we will know.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Who is in the Rapture if everyone is already in Heaven looking down?

If you will recognize every one of your Family and Friends when you get to Heaven, what if your beloved Granny isn't there?.......How are you going to feel?

How about just understanding, it isn't always about us. I would love to see my Mother, but think about it, Were going to meet GOD, don't you think that is about as important as it could ever get?

Upvote 0

Barnabas2

Aug 31, 2019
Suffolk
✟9,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you will recognize every one of your Family and Friends when you get to Heaven, what if your beloved Granny isn't there?.......How are you going to feel?

How about just understanding, it isn't always about us. I would love to see my Mother, but think about it, Were going to meet GOD, don't you think that is about as important as it could ever get?

When we get to heaven, the Bible says, "When we see Jesus we will be like Him". Everyone who has repented of their sins and trusted Christ alone as Saviour and Lord will be there. Everyone else will be in Hell. We shall know and understand as God knows and understands then and we will not lose any sleep over it. It is the righteous judgement of a righteous and holy God. We will be in full agreement with Him.

When I was younger I had a vision of my grandfather in Hell. As he looked at me through the flames he said, "John, if you told me it was like this I would never be here". I immediately wrote to my grandfather (obviously he was still alive) and explained in detail how to be saved. He read the letter and showed it to everyone of my Aunts and Uncles. Not one of them can ever say to God on the great Judgement Day, "I never knew". What they did about it only God knows.

The thing is, we must share the Gospel fully with all we know and with all who will listen. We must do it NOW as time is running short. Give everyone the opportunity to hear the gospel, trust Christ and be saved. We will be free from the blood of all these people.

• Friendly
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

There are plenty that won't be Raptured and will remain on Earth when Jesus comes unless you are a UNI and believe all will go to heaven.
As I said earlier, I don't believe we will be able to see what is going on down on earth but there are people who do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There are plenty that won't be Raptured and will remain on Earth when Jesus comes unless you are a UNI and believe all will go to heaven.
As I said earlier, I don't believe we will be able to see what is going on down on earth but there are people who do.

What I was pointing out was.

If there is a Rapture that everyone is waiting for, then who are those already in Heaven even if they are not looking down, it isn't a matter of who is left here but it is about who is going to be Raptured if everyone is already in heaven to begin with.

Cant be both ways.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Upvote 0