U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Will lack of education, no desire to better ones self beyond an easy, comfortable existence (relative to individuals of course), entitlement mentality with no productive input to society, corrupt politicians, and other types of resource depletion always be a stumbling block to our longevity (in terms of affordable healthcare and research)?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Will lack of education, no desire to better ones self beyond an easy, comfortable existence (relative to individuals of course), entitlement mentality with no productive input to society, corrupt politicians, and other types of resource depletion always be a stumbling block to our longevity (in terms of affordable healthcare and research)?

How did longevity become a goal?
Being old is not that great.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Who cares? We're gonna live forever. :)

But will hammer have the good things we have here in heaven? Will it be better? Will it be just like the Garden of Eden but bigger, with gold streets, and in a giant cube (last one sounds like the Bog to me) and praising God forever and doing nothing else?

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
But will hammer have the good things we have here in heaven? Will it be better? Will it be just like the Garden of Eden but bigger, with gold streets, and in a giant cube (last one sounds like the Bog to me) and praising God forever and doing nothing else?

No one knows. But the Bible says that it will be better then anything we can ever think of.
And it won't be in a giant cube. :) New Jerusalem will be, according to Revelation, but that city will be on a new Earth. Exciting, huh? :)

We won't only be worshipping God and nothing else. If God wanted that, He wouldn't have creates us with intelligence, and put us through all of this drama just to produce righteousness in us. He does his work in us to prepare us for Heaven. We are also saving treasures for ourselves in Heaven.

I think that we will have lots to do. Responsibilities at least. Read the parable of the Three Servants, it's about the Kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 25:14-30

But I don't even care. Jesus will be there! He is all I need and I trust Him to take great care of us.

If our lives today, here on this magnificent planet, are just a foreshadow of the things to come, then can you even imagine what Heaven must be like?

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are also saving treasures for ourselves in Heaven.

Okay, I agree with your post but this part in particular I've been wondering about...

When it comes to people spending so much time on the internet (as have I for the past several years) I'm not sure how well all of this spent time is supposed to translate into treasures in heaven. For all I know, all that time spent watching youtube videos and learning about the world could turn out to be in vain, and when I get to judgement the Lord might shake his head in disapproval that I squandered the time on earth granted to me. I feel like a lot of people would be in this position as well, and it's kinda depressing in a way.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Okay, I agree with your post but this part in particular I've been wondering about...

When it comes to people spending so much time on the internet (as have I for the past several years) I'm not sure how well all of this spent time is supposed to translate into treasures in heaven. For all I know, all that time spent watching youtube videos and learning about the world could turn out to be in vain, and when I get to judgement the Lord might shake his head in disapprove that I squandered the time on earth granted to me. I feel like a lot of people would be in this position as well, and it's kinda depressing in a way.

Last year I spent too much time on Youtube, and playing video games, doing absolutely nothing of worth to God. Jesus one day told me I wasn't allowed to do that any longer, because my lamp was empty Matthew 25:1-13. It was a huge experience.

Be in the world, but not of the world. Separate ye. Do not conform to the standards of this world.

We aren't exactly supposed to be as involved in this world as most Christians are. We rationalize it, saying that we may use it to further the Kingdom, but that's not how He wants us to live.

We should focus on Him only. Whatever we do, we should do it for His glory. That doesn't mean that we come out of the world, but we shouldn't live like non-believers.

He has been so strict to me about this lately. It's not about going to church or preaching the Gospel all the time, but rather we are to do the things that edifies us as His children. We must focus on the eternal, not the things of this world. We must be ready when He comes back to bring us to Him.

So, yes, I think you are right to be worried. We all need to wake up!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I totally agree. I just feel like impotent to fill my lamp right now. I'm sitting here waiting to go to work in 8 hours and I'll basically be watching a movie, surfing the web and maybe playing 3DS. I live in Canada and there's not exactly a lot of people around me as I don't live in a major metropolitan area like the states. I would much rather be around my peer group but the majority seem to dislike Christianity or be extremely left-leaning in their philosophies. If I had a healthier social network it would be so much easier to get out there and live demonstrably for the Lord, but when I was growing up I secluded myself and this is how I'm paying for it I guess.

I don't want to be called a lazy servant. I have the desire to live for the Lord. I don't know what's holding me back though.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's not about going to church or preaching the Gospel all the time, but rather we are to do the things that edifies us as His children. We must focus on the eternal, not the things of this world. We must be ready when He comes back to bring us to Him.

Right. I could probably imagine, but could I bother you for some examples? Just to jump-start my brain right now. Dreary weekend and all that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Right. I could probably imagine, but could I bother you for some examples? Just to jump-start my brain right now. Dreary weekend and all that.

I spend a lot of time reading the Bible, Christian articles, watching and listening to sermons (although this can be tricky, because it can make you very lazy), apologetic debates and lectures. I pray a lot, I fast when I feel the need to. It's not so much what you are doing, but why you are doing it. You should focus on becoming who God wants you to become. Sow to the Spirit, not the flesh. Let Jesus take the lead. Ask Him everyday to lead you where He wants to lead you, and teach you what He wants to teach you.

What I did was to fast, pray, repent and cry a lot for three days, and then I sold my computer. You may want to start with something smaller. :) I suggest read the Epistles. You can learn a lot from them on how to live the Christian life.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is if you can reverse the bad effects of aging.

Do you have enough savings for an eternal life on earth?
If so, are you single? I guess I can wait till you are.
(When I visit home, I have to help dad pee.)

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do you have enough savings for an eternal life on earth?
If so, are you single? I guess I can wait till you are.
(When I visit home, I have to help dad pee.)

Good point—yes I am single, though if they made the technology affordable for everyone after it got developed enough then yes.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How did longevity become a goal?
Being old is not that great.

Being old isn't the same as being young, but it can be pretty good. I have had some bumps health wise but I'm in pretty good shape for my age (77 next month). I still do the things I enjoy; hunting, fishing, bowling, cutting wood. I just finished assembling a complete woodshop (for the first time ever) and have projects that will keep me busy for some time. Life is good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

When it comes to people spending so much time on the internet (as have I for the past several years) I'm not sure how well all of this spent time is supposed to translate into treasures in heaven. For all I know, all that time spent watching youtube videos and learning about the world could turn out to be in vain, and when I get to judgement the Lord might shake his head in disapproval that I squandered the time on earth granted to me. I feel like a lot of people would be in this position as well, and it's kinda depressing in a way.

You can reach billions of people via the internet.

It revolutionizes evangelism.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being old isn't the same as being young, but it can be pretty good. I have had some bumps health wise but I'm in pretty good shape for my age (77 next month). I still do the things I enjoy; hunting, fishing, bowling, cutting wood. I just finished assembling a complete woodshop (for the first time ever) and have projects that will keep me busy for some time. Life is good.

And 50% of fertilized eggs are naturally aborted.
Where is the outrage over the loss of woodshops?

I-dont-know.jpg

Upvote 0