• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Will we be put to shame when we are weak ?

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will we be put to shame when we are weak ?

the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in Christ Jesus will never be put to shame .”-Roman 10:11

Yes, we have heard what our Lord Jesus Christ said to apostle Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. -2 Corinthians 12:9

How many can gladly boast of their weakness like apostle Paul !?

I come to find this is what we must do when we are weak !

Why when we know we are weak,
we try to avoid confessing our weaknesses—the most likely reason, we are ashamed to ourselves and others.

Why keep trying when you know nothing could do or say that make a difference? Why we cannot trust in our Lord’s grace !? Why are we afraid ?
can’t the Lord bear our burdens?
or are we ashamed ?

When I admit my weaknesses to the Lord !

When I unload my burden to the Lord !

I remember what my Lord have said :
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. -Matthew 11:28

How great is our Lord’s loving kindness!

Yes, our Lord know our labor ;
what we have thought and done not to be weak!

Yes, we do need the rest that He promised us !

After all, what we have been through to realize that we are weak! Afraid ? or felt shame when remember what others mock or hate us. What can we do ?

Be gracious to me, O LORD! See my affliction from those who hate me, O You who lift me up from the gates of death, -Psalms 9:13

that I may recount all your praises, that in the gates of the daughter of Zion I may rejoice in your salvation. -Psalms 9:14

Yes, our Lord continue to be gracious to us.
He knows even when those hate us afflict us.

How awesome that our Lord lift us up from the gates of death!

Yes, our Lord is worthy of praise because He saves us !

Though we may not see the way out of our weaknesses,

we are glad that He gives His grace.

How wonderful that we can receive hope from our Lord !

When we admit our weaknesses, we trust our Lord in His saving power to help us in our weaknesses.

How great is His power working in our life !

When we trust our Lord with our burdens,
our Lord bears our burdens daily.
How great is His loving kindness!

Yes, we can trust in His steadfast love to carry us through when we are weak !

We who trust in the Lord, we will not be put to shame !

We just need to come to Him and trust in His steadfast love that He gives us rest.

Let us reaffirm what we know :
And we know that for those who love God
all things work together for good,
for those who are called
according to His purpose. -Romans 8:28

Lord,
I pour my heart before You....
I trust You.
You know this is my weaknesses....,
I know You can help.
I believe Lord that You will show Your mighty works in my life.
I believe Lord that You reveal Your glorious power in my life.
I trust in Your steadfast love.
Lord Jesus Christ, my God,
You are my refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble. -Psalms 46:1
I love my Lord, my God.
I believe all things work for good,
For I who love You.
For You have called me according to Your purpose.
I trust You, Lord that none who waits on Your steadfast love will be put to shame.
Thank You, Lord, for Your steadfast love.
Thank You, Lord, that You give me rest for my soul.
Hallelujah
Amen

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes indeed when we give our inability to the Lord He gives us ability, time and again. These are hard lessons learned, to face God in our weakness or in our wrong and let Him deal with it, instead of trying to do it in our own strength.

God bless you and keep you.

• Friendly
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes indeed when we give our inability to the Lord He gives us ability, time and again. These are hard lessons learned, to face God in our weakness or in our wrong and let Him deal with it, instead of trying to do it in our own strength.

God bless you and keep you.
We need to accept our weaknesses and inabilities. Many people don’t do that.

You see apostle Paul have said :
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. -2 Corinthians 12:9

How apostle Paul boast his weaknesses without accepting his own weaknesses? It is impossible.

If you can accept your weaknesses, then God can give you that boldness to boast. Why ?
so that we can glorify God ; it is because of His grace that strengthen us ; in that we put no confidence in the flesh. Our confidence or boldness comes from the Spirit of the Lord.

We live by the Spirit, we put to death the misdeeds of the body. ( Roman 8:13)

That is why apostle Paul confess that he is the worst sinner.

This is what he said:

But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on Him and receive eternal life.-1 Timothy 1:16

Likewise,when we have accepted our weaknesses, we confess that we are sinners that Christ might display His unlimited patience for those who believe on Him and receive eternal life.

How many these days Christians confess that they are sinners ?!

For we have apostle John have said :
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. -1 John 1:8

If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. -1 John 1:10

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. -1 John 1:9

Therefore, just accept our weaknesses and inabilities!

Even, David confess his inability:
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. -Psalms 51:5

Yes, we have heard that the Lord strengthen apostle Paul with boldness until many are amazed !

That same grace that strengthen apostle Paul still avails even to those are afflicted !

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I give my weakness and confusion and failures to the Lord all the time, when these are happening. He helps me understand. Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and he will lift you up. I go there I be weak when I have been. I go straight to the pit depending on how bad I feel and God lifts me out of it. I have dealt with so many failings this way and it (He) keeps me going to do good again to get over the rough spots. Sometimes if I demand my own way I just find out how really miserable I am. God forgives me and listens and loves me as I speak my truth. But sometimes I have weaknesses I can’t overcome and have to wait on Him. It’s either not important or too far ahead and I need to let it go.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I give my weakness and confusion and failures to the Lord all the time, when these are happening. He helps me understand. Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and he will lift you up. I go there I be weak when I have been. I go straight to the pit depending on how bad I feel and God lifts me out of it. I have dealt with so many failings this way and it (He) keeps me going to do good again to get over the rough spots. Sometimes if I demand my own way I just find out how really miserable I am. God forgives me and listens and loves me as I speak my truth. But sometimes I have weaknesses I can’t overcome and have to wait on Him. It’s either not important or too far ahead and I need to let it go.

When David senses his soul was cast down, this is what he did:

and my God. My soul is cast down within me; therefore I REMEMBER you from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. -Psalms 42:6

This remembrance of the Lord can bring peace from God to our life.

• Prayers
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When David senses his soul was cast down, this is what he did:

and my God. My soul is cast down within me; therefore I REMEMBER you from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. -Psalms 42:6

This remembrance of the Lord can bring peace from God to our life.
David was biblical. But I know what works for me.

• Friendly
Upvote 0