Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Do you think Durham will get raked over the coals by the media the way Brett Kavanaugh was? Will that be an indication that he's actually on to something?

If he only arrests Democrats how bad will things get for him? If he arrests both Democrats and Republicans will things be better for him? If he only arrests Republicans how will it go?

Bookmark this post so we can re-visit it later.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you think Durham will get raked over the coals by the media the way Brett Kavanaugh was? Will that be an indication that he's actually on to something?

If he only arrests Democrats how bad will things get for him? If he arrests both Democrats and Republicans will things be better for him? If he only arrests Republicans how will it go?

It depends, did he (Durham) rape anyone in high school?

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is he applying to some office which requires him to be vetted?
Does he have the power to arrest anyone?
Will conservatives stop at 10 different threads on Durham because after 4 years he made a 2nd statement, or will we get to 20?

Stay tuned!

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
...ah, it's never too early to play the victim card eh.

That's just so we can come back and make comparisons. Right now, Durham is sort of a bland guy who people don't have much to say about. He was initially appointed by Barr and since then we don't hear much about him. Fairly uncontroversial guy I suppose.

We can come back later and see what changes, if anything.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,326.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Is he applying to some office which requires him to be vetted?
Not that I'm aware of.
Does he have the power to arrest anyone?
That actually isn't clear. He claims to be a special counsel, and the Biden Admin has seemed to accept him as one. BUt he was appointed as one counter to the appropriate regulations, so his legal authority is iffy.

Stay tuned![/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It depends, did he (Durham) rape anyone in high school?
Do you have evidence that Brett Kavanaugh raped someone, if you do then it would be evidence that the FBI is incompetent.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you have evidence that Brett Kavanaugh raped someone, if you do then it would be evidence that the FBI is incompetent.

I saw the relevant testimony on TV. I believed his accuser. The FBI was never assigned to investigating that accusation. (On nominations, the FBI looks into what the White House wants investigated. Nothing more.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The media will ignore the facts as long as possible and then they will attempt to minimize them or claim some form of bias. Meanwhile the Biden DOJ will shut him down, while the media attacks him.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I saw the relevant testimony on TV. I believed his accuser. The FBI was never assigned to investigating that accusation. (On nominations, the FBI looks into what the White House wants investigated. Nothing more.)
You saw the testimony on TV, well then you saw an accuser who could not provide any of the facts, could not remember her activities from the previous week but claimed to recall in detail things that happen years ago, lied several times, and had friends who she said knew the facts but who they themselves said they had no knowledge of anything being true.

• Informative
Reactions: John Mullally
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You saw the testimony on TV, well then you saw an accuser who could not provide any of the facts, could not remember her activities from the previous week but claimed to recall in detail things that happen years ago, lied several times, and had friends who she said knew the facts but who they themselves said they had no knowledge of anything being true.

I really don't see what judge "I like beer" has to do with SC Durham.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you think Durham will get raked over the coals by the media the way Brett Kavanaugh was?
No. I think he'll likely fade away into obscurity as he continues to fail to find evidence against the ex-president's political rivals. Kinda like the ex-president's failed election integrity committee - does anyone even remember who was a part of that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
...ah, it's never too early to play the victim card eh.
The point of the thread seems to be a textbook example of poisoning the well - attempting to preemptively assign some sort of nefarious motives to anyone who would question the guy.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

I guess it depends. Has be accused of rape?

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Oh I see .. Trump supporter now found a new hero John Durham. If you google John Durham , first thing you will find “Flashback: Democrats long trashed Durham probe as 'politically motivated” posted 5 hours ago, Fox news and conservatives media setting up the stage that their hero will be attacked by boogieman.

John Durham works for Merrick Garland in DOJ. Unlike Trump administration, Biden administration will not stop, attack or fire John Durham.

John Durham will be able to finish his investigation, file charges against any one and do whatever he wants “accordance to the law” and there will not be a political pressure.

Biden administration doesn’t control media, so media is free to write whatever they want.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh I see .. Trump supporter now found a new hero John Durham. If you google John Durham , first thing you will find “Flashback: Democrats long trashed Durham probe as 'politically motivated” posted 5 hours ago, Fox news and conservatives media setting up the stage that their hero will be attacked by boogieman.

John Durham works for Merrick Garland in DOJ. Unlike Trump administration, Biden administration will not stop, attack or fire John Durham.

John Durham will be able to finish his investigation, file charges against any one and do whatever he wants “accordance to the law” and there will not be a political pressure.

Biden administration doesn’t control media, so media is free to write whatever they want.

LOL! This is so true and predictable too. Then the same people who post a litany of threads on the topic will claim they don't watch Fox News or MSM in general. They're just really concerned about this thing that no one except conservative media said anything about.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Rather disparaging to call a Justice of SCOTUS "judge I like beer"

That's his old title. Now he's *JUSTICE* "I like beer". He disparages himself with his unseemly public behavior.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0