Will Hitler Get Justice or Annihilation?

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
sorry, not up to speed on such punishments. I don't think there is a punishment which fits such crimes of leaders like this. I'm tired of seeing documentaries on Hitler. He doesn't deserve so much attention. The greatest punishment might be to forget him altogether. hard for victims though.

• Agree
Reactions: singpraise
Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What's Annihilation? I know it means total destruction. Does it mean total destruction of the soul?

I do know my pastor said once that only God could have any mercy on men like Hitler.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
sorry, not up to speed on such punishments. I don't think there is a punishment which fits such crimes of leaders like this. I'm tired of seeing documentaries on Hitler. He doesn't deserve so much attention. The greatest punishment might be to forget him altogether. hard for victims though.

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Washington, DC. We went to the Holocaust Museum not once, but twice. We also watch a full night of documentaries on the anniversary of 9/11 every year.

I would beg to differ with you and say that must never forget these atrocities.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
if we can focus on the suffering of the victims rather than Hitler

Of course, but even the study of him cause me can result in good. He is not to be revered of course, but he and I have more in common than I do with Christ.

Upvote 0

Beloved Pure

autistic and awkward
Dec 7, 2016
England
✟9,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have a friend that believes in this but not really sure why I guess she either has not read the particular Scriptural ref regarding what happens or chooses to ignore it.

We are very different in our approaches I am more literal she is more metaphysical.

She also thinks evil is a force like in Star Wars wheras I think evil is personified in the Satan.

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have a friend that believes in this but not really sure why I guess she either has not read the particular Scriptural ref regarding what happens or chooses to ignore it.

We are very different in our approaches I am more literal she is more metaphysical.

She also thinks evil is a force like in Star Wars wheras I think evil is personified in the Satan.

Evil is also in the heart of man.

• Agree
Reactions: EmmaCat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I went to Washington on my honeymoon and saw the Holocaust Museum too! I cried all the way through it.

I did cry as well. It was an eerie and somber experience. No one spoke, yet there were many hundreds of people there.

• Agree
Reactions: EmmaCat
Upvote 0

Beloved Pure

autistic and awkward
Dec 7, 2016
England
✟9,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
True I am not denying that we are not sinners capable of atrocious evil on our own or with the Satan's and his minions influences. But I do think evil originated in the fallen Angel who misguided 1/3 of the Heavenly host to rebel and is ruling Earth currently. She believes humans are evil and the 'force' is neutral and it is what we do with it.

Evil is also in the heart of man.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A glaring problem with Annihilation is that all unsaved people receive the same "punishment".

How do those who promote the idea of annihilation answer to its injustice?

Do you believe you're better than Hitler in the eyes of God? What do you suppose should be done to Hitler, as opposed to, say, youself? Was Hitler any more responsible for his actions than us? Was Hitler intending evil, or, did he believe he was doing the right thing? Should justice factor intent? Is a man who kills another man with the intent of protecting his family from that perceived threat, better than, equal to, or worse than a man who strikes a man unconscious with the intent of robbing his home?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
A glaring problem with Annihilation is that all unsaved people receive the same "punishment".

This is purely my imagination: I would like to see him experience the pain and torment he deliberately inflicted. One experience for every person he had slaughtered, tortured and so on. Imagine experiencing brutal death six million times! I think that should about do it!

• Agree
Reactions: singpraise
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
One experience for every person he had slaughtered, tortured and so on. Imagine experiencing brutal death six million times! I think that should about do it!
Is that justice or revenge? fine line

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Only God knows for certain what degree of control Hitler had over his own mental faculties. There are things which interfere with the proper functioning of the human brain. They can be cerebral neural transmitter related. A tumor in the brain. Medication side effects. Overwhelming hereditary inclinations. Demon influence or total possession, or a combination of all these. So according to his condition he will be either judged worthy of a true chance to know Jesus and make a choice with a clear mind or unworthy because his evil actions were 100% his choices and ones over which he would never repent regardless of any mercy shown or different circumstances.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

It is those that are tormented forever that are being handed the same punishment--eternal torment, if you're a 14 year old that stole $5.00 or Hitler---that is unjust. Annihilation--the bible is clear, we are not saved by works, however, the lost are punished by theirs.
They suffer torment however long and intense God deems just and are then wiped off the face of the earth and forgotten. Their smoke goes up into the atmosphere dispersed forever.
Ecc_9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Pro_24:12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?Pro_24:12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?
2Co_11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.2Ti_4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
Rev_2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Rev_18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev_20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev_20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Upvote 0