• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Will God Give Me a Husband

Discussion in 'Fabulous Forties' started by Lybrah, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Lybrah

Lybrah Active Member

+207
    Christian
    Single
    If I keep praying to God for a husband, will God end up giving me one? I admit I am old and not only losing whatever good looks I had but probably can't have babies. I am also a bit shallow and don't want to date unattractive men. I wish I could make friends with men and then have feelings develop, but that is not going to happen. I just want the stuff you hear other people talk about. It's also hard to meet Christian men who will wait. I have extreme anxiety when it comes to love and sex.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+3,935
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    How can you be sure God hasn't answered your prayer but you've turned him away instead? Are you certain the people you've deemed "unattractive" weren't God's blessing in disguise?

And while it's clear you have an aesthetic preference you acknowledge deficiencies for yourself. Do you think it's possible you've exempted yourself from the dating pool with that mindset?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Theadorus

Theadorus Active Member Supporter

+285
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    God Bless :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  4. salt-n-light

salt-n-light Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,379
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    God will supply all your needs, according to HIS riches in glory.

So I can't predict whether He will supply you one or if having one will be of God's will. But I can say that if you trust in God while you walk through this life, whatever your outcome is will be for your good. But if you do want a godly husband, there's no reason why you can't pursue it and put a plan in place. There's no reason why you can't still prepare yourself for one either. Always walk as one with hope.

5. Lybrah

Lybrah Active Member

+207
    Christian
    Single

6. Lybrah

Lybrah Active Member

+207
    Christian
    Single
    Most likely that’s what happened.

7. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+550
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    I am a man. But I was like you as a teen, anxious to the point of creepy. I didn't know how to just be myself. If I had been able to give up hope and just start living, enjoying life, I might have had more confidence with girls, and they might have been more attracted to me.

Now, at 63 years, and a widower, I can tell you while I still notice external beauty and internal grace, I plan to never marry again, but if I do, I am pretty sure I will have no desire to do so unless it is to a woman who I have gotten to know simply as a friend --not as a prospect.

8. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,982
    Christian
    Single
    I think he generally expects us to take care of these things ourselves, but I wouldn't rule it out if you keep praying....just no guarantees.

As far as looks go, just don't expect more than you are yourself, but it could happen. I'd guess most people see attraction just as you do, you'll notice at least oft times the very attractive are with the very attractive, the medium attractive w/the medium and so on down the line.

Best I can recommend is get yourself out there to be seen. Do you go to church? I'd say that is the A#1 place to find what you seek.

9. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+3,935
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I think you should invest this season in your growth and beautification. If you've been less attentive to your appearance. Make adjustments. Capsule wardrobes are a good idea. Learn your seasonal color palette and refresh your makeup. Spend a day pampering your skin and making yourself feel good. If you're shy, join Toastmasters. You'll become more confident in your communication and a better conversationalist too.

Ladies are attractive at any age. Don't forsake what's important to focus on minor wants. Make sure you're investing in the whole person. Your grace and virtues are the things that will make you unforgettable. Don't neglect them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. JAM2b

JAM2b Newbie

+1,554
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    None of us can answer your question. God chooses to bless people as he sees fit. Just because He doesn't give what we ask when we want it, it doesn't mean He is not blessing us.

I really think you need to focus on being as healthy and emotionally stable as you can. Keep drawing close to God. He will always do what is best for you at the best time.