Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Satan is beyond repentance and beyond forgiveness.

In a truly good game of chess the moves made by the loser have historical value that play an important role in making history.

So in a sense.... I suppose you might just be onto something!

The Devil that scares me....... is inside of me....... and I fear to let that Satan loose by all the many ways that I could freely choose to do so!!!???

Upvote 0

Bongoon

Jul 11, 2014
✟15,199.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Satan is not human and he's not mislead. He can't choose to repent. We can, because we had a sinful nature and the spirit we got from God.
There is just nothing good in satan, he's total darkness.

Hey where do you get this stuff from? Where is it in scripture, and don't quote me John chapter one.

Upvote 0

Bongoon

Jul 11, 2014
✟15,199.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There's nothing to forgive, as hasatan was/is merely following God's orders and working within the limits and scope that God defined as hasatan's role. He can't do anything without God's permission.

The bible verses that you read in English are not as accurate as the original Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. Combine that with some "theology" based on fictional works like Paradise Lost and Dante's Inferno, and you get this mess we have today. People often confuse mythology and tradition for biblical teachings.

The God that I believe in is the all powerful creator of all. That includes hasatan and everything he does. If hasatan was truly this arch enemy of God, all He would have to do is snap His divine fingers and uncreate him.

|We are talking about The God of Israel? Uncreating something? He is The Lord Of Creation, not destruction.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
|We are talking about The God of Israel? Uncreating something? He is The Lord Of Creation, not destruction.
Destroyer mαshchith', Εxοd. Xii, 23; ολοθρευτου 1 Cοr. x, 10), αn exterminator (see Βromel, De ángelï exterminátore, Jeri. 1685; also in the Τhesαur. theol. philοlog. V. Τ. i, 301 sq.).

Through His prophet Isaiah, God profoundly states, "I form light and create darkness, I make peace and CREATE evil; I am God, I do all these things" (Isaiah 45:7).

SA´TAN. The word itself, the Hebrew saÆtaÆn, is simply an "adversary," and is so used in 1 Sam. 29:4; 2 Sam. 19:22; 1 Kings 5:4; 11:14, 23, 25; Num. 22:22, 32; Ps. 109:6. This original sense is still found in our Lord’s application of the name to St. Peter in Matt. 16:23. It is used as a proper name or title only four times in the Old Testament, viz. (with the article) in Job 1:6, 12; 2:1; Zech. 2:1, and (without the article) in 1 Chron. 21:1.

The idea that there exists anything capable of setting itself up as God's opponent would be considered overly polytheistic—you are setting up the devil to be a god or demigod.The notion of an angel having free will is alien to Judaism. Free will requires the tension created by being a soul dwelling in a body. People can have free will, angels can't.

There is a debate over whether they lack the potential for free will, or whether they simply percieve reality to clearly to have any choices to make. But in any case, without the fence-straddling of the human condition, there is no free will. HaSatan acts as a servant of God, not as an opponent or even disobediant child. Angels cannot sin, they cannot fall. (Soc.Culture.Jewish NewsgroupsFrequently Asked Questions and Answers)

Abraham Joshua Heschel, The Prophets, Jewish Publication Society, 1962, Philip Birnbaum, Encyclopedia of Jewish Concepts, Hebrew Publishing Company, 1991, Aryeh Kaplan, Jewish Meditation, Schocken Books, 1985.

The Hebrews were accustomed by a figure to speak οf any superhuman agency as that οf an angel (see Bush, Note οn Exοd. iii, 2); and whenever this had a providential aspect it was attributed to a diνine messenger (2 Kings xix, 35; 2 Sam. xxiν, 15, 16; Psα. lxxνiii, 49; Acts xii, 23). See ANGEL. Ενen Satan's malignity is represented as thus employed (Job iί, 6, 7).

accuser [prosecutor] ha-satan Job i, G sq. ; Rev. Xii, 10 sq. ; comp. Zech. iii, 1
3. the New Test. dragοn (δρακων) is only found in the Αροcalypse (Rev. xii, 3, 4, 7, 9, 16, 17, etc.), as applied metaphorically to "the old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan," the description of the “ dragon" being dictated by the symbolical meaning of the image rather than by any reference to any actually existing creature.
Smith's Diet, of Clαaα. Antig. s. v. Dráco.

Ahriman is thought to be the first personification of “the Devil” because Zoroastrians believed in a completely dualistic form of religion.

The idea that there is a God in heaven above who fights against a god of the underworld, or hell, is not monotheism, however, it is the same duality found in other pagan faiths.

Job 26:6 Sheol (the place of the dead) is naked before God, and Abaddon (the place of destruction) has no covering [from His eyes]. Job 33:18 He holds him back from the pit [of destruction], and his life from perishing by the sword [of God's destructive judgments]. Ps 55:23 But You, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of destruction; men of blood and treachery shall not live out half their days. But I will trust in, lean on, and confidently rely on You. Prov 13:13 Whoever despises the word and counsel [of God] brings destruction upon himself, but he who [reverently] fears and respects the commandment [of God] is rewarded.

Prov 27:20 Sheol (the place of the dead) and Abaddon (the place of destruction) are never satisfied; so [the lust of] the eyes of man is never satisfied. [Prov. 30:16; Hab. 2:5.] Is 13:6 Wail, for the day of the Lord is at hand; as destruction from the Almighty and Sufficient One [Shaddai] will it come! [Gen. 17:1.] Jer 17:18 Let those be put to shame who persecute me, but let me not be put to shame; let them be dismayed, but let me not be dismayed. Bring on them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.

Ezek 38:16 And you shall come up against My people Israel like a cloud to cover the land. In the latter days I will bring you against My land, that the nations may know, understand, and realize Me when My holiness shall be vindicated through you [vindicated and honored in your overwhelming destruction], O Gog, before their eyes.

Hos 13:14 Should I ransom them from the power of Sheol (the place of the dead)? Should I redeem them from death? O death, where are your plagues? O Sheol, where is your destruction? Relenting and compassion are hidden from My eyes. [I Cor. 15:55.] 2 Pet 3:16

Speaking of this as he does in all of his letters. There are some things in those [epistles of Paul] that are difficult to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist and misconstrue to their own utter destruction, just as [they distort and misinterpret] the rest of the Scriptures.

A Greek-English Lexicon by William Arndt and F Wilbur Gingrich
ολεθρον destruction, ruin, desolation, annihilation Esp. of eternal destruction as punishment for the wicked: Mt 7: 13
A Greek and English Dictionary of the Septuagint and New Testament, John Groves
Henry George Liddell. Robert Scott. A Greek-English Lexicon
Classical Greek Online: Base Form Dictionary
Commentary on the Bible by Adam Clarke
A Critical Dictionary of Proto-Indo-European with Hurrian Comparative

M-M= JH Moulton and G Milligan

Upvote 0

Bongoon

Jul 11, 2014
✟15,199.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Destroyer mαshchith', Εxοd. Xii, 23; ολοθρευτου 1 Cοr. x, 10), αn exterminator (see Βromel, De ángelï exterminátore, Jeri. 1685; also in the Τhesαur. theol. philοlog. V. Τ. i, 301 sq.).

Through His prophet Isaiah, God profoundly states, "I form light and create darkness, I make peace and CREATE evil; I am God, I do all these things" (Isaiah 45:7).

SA´TAN. The word itself, the Hebrew saÆtaÆn, is simply an "adversary," and is so used in 1 Sam. 29:4; 2 Sam. 19:22; 1 Kings 5:4; 11:14, 23, 25; Num. 22:22, 32; Ps. 109:6. This original sense is still found in our Lord’s application of the name to St. Peter in Matt. 16:23. It is used as a proper name or title only four times in the Old Testament, viz. (with the article) in Job 1:6, 12; 2:1; Zech. 2:1, and (without the article) in 1 Chron. 21:1.

The idea that there exists anything capable of setting itself up as God's opponent would be considered overly polytheistic—you are setting up the devil to be a god or demigod.The notion of an angel having free will is alien to Judaism. Free will requires the tension created by being a soul dwelling in a body. People can have free will, angels can't.

There is a debate over whether they lack the potential for free will, or whether they simply percieve reality to clearly to have any choices to make. But in any case, without the fence-straddling of the human condition, there is no free will. HaSatan acts as a servant of God, not as an opponent or even disobediant child. Angels cannot sin, they cannot fall. (Soc.Culture.Jewish NewsgroupsFrequently Asked Questions and Answers)

Abraham Joshua Heschel, The Prophets, Jewish Publication Society, 1962, Philip Birnbaum, Encyclopedia of Jewish Concepts, Hebrew Publishing Company, 1991, Aryeh Kaplan, Jewish Meditation, Schocken Books, 1985.

The Hebrews were accustomed by a figure to speak οf any superhuman agency as that οf an angel (see Bush, Note οn Exοd. iii, 2); and whenever this had a providential aspect it was attributed to a diνine messenger (2 Kings xix, 35; 2 Sam. xxiν, 15, 16; Psα. lxxνiii, 49; Acts xii, 23). See ANGEL. Ενen Satan's malignity is represented as thus employed (Job iί, 6, 7).

accuser [prosecutor] ha-satan Job i, G sq. ; Rev. Xii, 10 sq. ; comp. Zech. iii, 1
3. the New Test. dragοn (δρακων) is only found in the Αροcalypse (Rev. xii, 3, 4, 7, 9, 16, 17, etc.), as applied metaphorically to "the old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan," the description of the “ dragon" being dictated by the symbolical meaning of the image rather than by any reference to any actually existing creature.
Smith's Diet, of Clαaα. Antig. s. v. Dráco.

Ahriman is thought to be the first personification of “the Devil” because Zoroastrians believed in a completely dualistic form of religion.

The idea that there is a God in heaven above who fights against a god of the underworld, or hell, is not monotheism, however, it is the same duality found in other pagan faiths.

Job 26:6 Sheol (the place of the dead) is naked before God, and Abaddon (the place of destruction) has no covering [from His eyes]. Job 33:18 He holds him back from the pit [of destruction], and his life from perishing by the sword [of God's destructive judgments]. Ps 55:23 But You, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of destruction; men of blood and treachery shall not live out half their days. But I will trust in, lean on, and confidently rely on You. Prov 13:13 Whoever despises the word and counsel [of God] brings destruction upon himself, but he who [reverently] fears and respects the commandment [of God] is rewarded.

Prov 27:20 Sheol (the place of the dead) and Abaddon (the place of destruction) are never satisfied; so [the lust of] the eyes of man is never satisfied. [Prov. 30:16; Hab. 2:5.] Is 13:6 Wail, for the day of the Lord is at hand; as destruction from the Almighty and Sufficient One [Shaddai] will it come! [Gen. 17:1.] Jer 17:18 Let those be put to shame who persecute me, but let me not be put to shame; let them be dismayed, but let me not be dismayed. Bring on them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.

Ezek 38:16 And you shall come up against My people Israel like a cloud to cover the land. In the latter days I will bring you against My land, that the nations may know, understand, and realize Me when My holiness shall be vindicated through you [vindicated and honored in your overwhelming destruction], O Gog, before their eyes.

Hos 13:14 Should I ransom them from the power of Sheol (the place of the dead)? Should I redeem them from death? O death, where are your plagues? O Sheol, where is your destruction? Relenting and compassion are hidden from My eyes. [I Cor. 15:55.] 2 Pet 3:16

Speaking of this as he does in all of his letters. There are some things in those [epistles of Paul] that are difficult to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist and misconstrue to their own utter destruction, just as [they distort and misinterpret] the rest of the Scriptures.

A Greek-English Lexicon by William Arndt and F Wilbur Gingrich
ολεθρον destruction, ruin, desolation, annihilation Esp. of eternal destruction as punishment for the wicked: Mt 7: 13
A Greek and English Dictionary of the Septuagint and New Testament, John Groves
Henry George Liddell. Robert Scott. A Greek-English Lexicon
Classical Greek Online: Base Form Dictionary
Commentary on the Bible by Adam Clarke
A Critical Dictionary of Proto-Indo-European with Hurrian Comparative

M-M= JH Moulton and G Milligan

The saying goes that you find the devil in the details. Destruction is a concept used to illustrate the enemy. The rant in Hosea against the house of Jehu , I believe is not from the Lord but the adversary. It is also sometimes said the greatest trick the adversary ever pulled was making it look like he didn't exist. Don't help him with your mummery, PLEASE!

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The saying goes that you find the devil in the details. Destruction is a concept used to illustrate the enemy. The rant in Hosea against the house of Jehu , I believe is not from the Lord but the adversary. It is also sometimes said the greatest trick the adversary ever pulled was making it look like he didn't exist. Don't help him with your mummery, PLEASE!
Ok let us look at the word as defined and then the scripture.
SATAN (σατανας, 4567), a Greek form derived from the Aramaic (Heb.ha-satan,), “anadversary,” is used (a) of an angel of Jehovah in Num. 22:22 (the first occurrence of the Word in the OT); (b) of men, e.g., 1 Sam. 29:4; Ps. 38:20; 71:13; four in Ps. 109; (c) of
“Satan,” the Devil, some seventeen or eighteen times in the OT; in Zech. 3:1, where the name receives its interpretation, “to be (his) adversary,”

Hebrew, the biblical word ha-satan means "the adversary" or the obstacle, or even "the prosecutor" (recognizing that God is viewed as the ultimate Judge).

Much "Satanic" lore does not originate from actual Satanists, but from Christians. Best-known would be the medieval folklore and theology surrounding demons and witches.
OE fēond 'an enemy, the devil', of Gmc origin.
© Oxford University Press, 2004

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the destroyer to destroy

Mt 13:28 He said to them, a man, an enemy has done this thing. And the servants said to him, Do you wish then that we go and gather them up?
1* Greek ανθρωπος man

Who does Job say tested him?

Job 27:11 I will teach you by the hand of God: that which is with the Almighty will I not conceal.

Job 19:21
Have pity upon me, have pity upon me, O ye my friends; for the hand of God hath touched me.

Job 6:9 Even that it would please God to destroy me; that he would let loose his hand, and cut me off!

Job 2:10 But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

And.... Lam 3:38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these

Pro 29:26 Many seek the ruler's favour; but every man's judgment cometh from the LORD.

Upvote 0

Bongoon

Jul 11, 2014
✟15,199.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
SATAN (σατανας, 4567), a Greek form derived from the Aramaic (Heb.ha-satan,), “anadversary,” is used (a) of an angel of Jehovah in Num. 22:22 (the first occurrence of the Word in the OT); (b) of men, e.g., 1 Sam. 29:4; Ps. 38:20; 71:13; four in Ps. 109; (c) of
“Satan,” the Devil, some seventeen or eighteen times in the OT; in Zech. 3:1, where the name receives its interpretation, “to be (his) adversary,”

Hebrew, the biblical word ha-satan means "the adversary" or the obstacle, or even "the prosecutor" (recognizing that God is viewed as the ultimate Judge).

Much "Satanic" lore does not originate from actual Satanists, but from Christians. Best-known would be the medieval folklore and theology surrounding demons and witches.

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the destroyer to destroy

Mt 13:28 He said to them, a man, an enemy has done this thing. And the servants said to him, Do you wish then that we go and gather them up?
1* Greek ανθρωπος man

Job 27:11 I will teach you by the hand of God: that which is with the Almighty will I not conceal.

Have pity upon me, have pity upon me, O ye my friends; for the hand of God hath touched me.

Job 6:9 Even that it would please God to destroy me; that he would let loose his hand, and cut me off!

Job 2:10 But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

And.... Lam 3:38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these

Pro 29:26 Many seek the ruler's favour; but every man's judgment cometh from the LORD.

So what are you actually saying in response to the things i wrote here? You havn't addressed a single point apart from posting loads of quotations from the bible

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So what are you actually saying in response to the things i wrote here? You havn't addressed a single point apart from posting loads of quotations from the bible
Destruction is a concept used to illustrate the enemy. The rant in Hosea against the house of Jehu , I believe is not from the Lord but the adversary.
Huh? JEHU:
Hos 2:13
And I will visit upon her the days of Baalim, wherein she burned incense to them, and she decked herself with her earrings and her jewels, and she went after her lovers, and forgat me, saith the LORD.

And I responded:
Hebrew, the biblical word ha-satan means "the adversary" or the obstacle, or even "the prosecutor" (recognizing that God is viewed as the ultimate Judge). God is the Creator of ALL things, including the use of evil for correction as a result of men pursing that which is bad.
Act 12:23
And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

1Ch 21:15 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

Exo 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

Num 33:4 For the Egyptians buried all their firstborn, which the LORD had smitten among them: upon their gods also the LORD executed judgments.

Isa 37:36
Then the angel of the LORD went forth, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians a hundred and fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

SATAN (σατανας, 4567), a Greek form derived from the Aramaic (Heb.ha-satan,), “an adversary,” is used (a) of an angel of Jehovah in Num. 22:22 (the first occurrence of the Word in the OT); (b) of men, e.g., 1 Sam. 29:4; Ps. 38:20; 71:13; four in Ps. 109; (c) of

1* Greek ανθρωπος man

Upvote 0

Bongoon

Jul 11, 2014
✟15,199.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jehu a hero, warrior King of Israel. Destroyed baalim and their practices had Jezebel killed, destroyed the house of Ahab in the North of Israel. Chapter one. He is written of in the Histories of Israel. The rant against him couldn't have come from Adonai Elohim. Please stop multo quoting like that and read my posts please. loads of what you posted wasn't relevant.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jehu a hero, warrior King of Israel. Destroyed baalim and their practices had Jezebel killed, destroyed the house of Ahab in the North of Israel. Chapter one. He is written of in the Histories of Israel. The rant against him couldn't have come from Adonai Elohim. Please stop multo quoting like that and read my posts please. loads of what you posted wasn't relevant.
God is the Creator of ALL things,
Zec 1:11
And they answered the angel of the LORD that stood among the myrtle trees, and said, We have walked to and fro through the earth, and, behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest.

even including the use of evil for correction as a result of men pursing that which is bad, including Jehu who did not walk in the Law but pursued the sins of Jeroboam and idols.

Hos 1:4
And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.

2Ki 10:31 But Jehu took no heed to walk in the law of the LORD God of Israel with all his heart: for he departed not from the sins of Jeroboam, which made Israel to sin.

In those days the LORD began to cut Israel short: and Hazael smote them in all the coasts of Israel;

Exo 32:34 Therefore now go, lead the people unto the place of which I have spoken unto thee: behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them.
35 And the LORD plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made.

Act 12:23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

1Ch 21:15 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

Exo 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

Num 33:4 For the Egyptians buried all their firstborn, which the LORD had smitten among them: upon their gods also the LORD executed judgments.

Isa 37:36
Then the angel of the LORD went forth, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians a hundred and fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

2Ki 19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

1Sa 25:38 And it came to pass about ten days after, that the LORD smote Nabal, that he died.

Eze 22:25 There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.

30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord GOD.

Num 22:22 And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TasteForTruth

Half-truths are lies wearing makeup
Dec 2, 2010
✟16,765.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
In a truly good game of chess the moves made by the loser have historical value that play an important role in making history.
Indeed. This certainly applies to Satan.
The Devil that scares me....... is inside of me....... and I fear to let that Satan loose by all the many ways that I could freely choose to do so!!!???
Yes, my own propensity to allow weaknesses to have their way, when I could be choosing righteousness—that can be frightening thing.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Indeed. This certainly applies to Satan.
Yes, my own propensity to allow weaknesses to have their way, when I could be choosing righteousness—that can be frightening thing.
The only thing you need to fear is
Mat 10:28
`And be not afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul, but fear rather Him who is able both soul and body to destroy in the grave.

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Hebrews 5:12-14
(12) For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. (13) For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. (14) But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. </I>

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Upvote 0

AustinMiles89

Jun 18, 2014
Williams Az.
Visit site
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God created us with free wills.
That means that at any point in history, Satan can choose to repent.
So my question is, if supposed today, Satan chose to repent, will God forgive him?

Personally, I believe God will forgive Satan. What about you?

if the question is which is greater, Satans sin, or Gods grace, then Gods grace wins.

However we already know the outcome of Satans fate. in the end he will never repent, and at the end of Christs millennial reign satan will escape from hell, align an army for the fight of Armageddon, and will then be completely destroyed.

Upvote 0

AustinMiles89

Jun 18, 2014
Williams Az.
Visit site
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Doomed only thanks to god creating him with the flaws that caused him to turn evil. It isn't as if god couldn't have made it so satan wouldn't have become evil.

that would negate free will. which i realize you have a separate argument for. however what i was wondering in particular is what do you believe it would take to believe The Word is true, and accept Christ is who The Word says he is?

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
if the question is which is greater, Satans sin, or Gods grace, then Gods grace wins.

However we already know the outcome of Satans fate. in the end he will never repent, and at the end of Christs millennial reign satan will escape from hell, align an army for the fight of Armageddon, and will then be completely destroyed.
The word is the false accusers, the Kings and armies of men who are deluded in a fantasy of world power: Re 19:19 ... the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies

There is no literal superhuman satan the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men.

Dan 4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the least of men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AustinMiles89

Jun 18, 2014
Williams Az.
Visit site
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The word is the false accusers, the Kings and armies of men who are deluded in a fantasy of world power: Re 19:19 ... the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies

There is no literal superhuman satan the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men.

Dan 4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the least of men.

are you saying that satan is not a fallen angel, and thus an individual entity?

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
are you saying that satan is not a fallen angel, and thus an individual entity?
Right! They are the ones who slew Jesus and hung him on a tree.

Act 5:30
The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Upvote 0

AustinMiles89

Jun 18, 2014
Williams Az.
Visit site
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Right! They are the ones who slew Jesus and hung him on a tree.

Act 5:30
The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

that would require a very allegorical interpretation of The Word. i have seen far too much evidence for the direct Hand of The Holy Spirit guiding its letter by letter transcription to go that speculative in its translation.

i believe there is a spirit of antichrist which fits the model your talking about, but that there is a literal satan as well.

Upvote 0

RevelationTestament

Our God is a consuming fire.
Apr 26, 2013
United States
✟19,404.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

Where does the Bible say Satan will be destroyed? No my friend. Death is destroyed, but not Satan. People will stop fearing death and will choose life.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
that would require a very allegorical interpretation of The Word. i have seen far too much evidence for the direct Hand of The Holy Spirit guiding its letter by letter transcription to go that speculative in its translation.
:confused: KJV, LITV, YLT, WEBSTER, ASV All agree Prince and Saviour from &#945;&#961;&#967;&#951;&#947;&#959;&#769;&#962; arche&#772;gos
From G746 and G71; a chief leader: - author, captain, prince.
i believe there is a spirit of antichrist which fits the model your talking about, but that there is a literal satan as well.
Where, pray tell us, did your 'literal satan as well' originate?

This application of the name " Lucifer " as a proper name of the Devil, is plainly ungrounded ; but the magnificence of the imagery of the prophet, far transcending in grandeur the fall of Nebuchadnezzar to which it immediately refers, has naturally given a color to the symbolical interpretation of the passage, and fixed that application in our modern language.

In Rev. 12:9 the present participle is used with the definite article, as a title of the Devil, &#8220;the Deceiver,&#8221; lit., &#8220;the deceiving one.&#8221; Often it has the sense of &#8220;deceiving oneself,&#8221;.
&#8220;devils&#8221; In Acts 17:18, it denotes an inferior pagan deity.

SATAN (&#963;&#945;&#964;&#945;&#957;&#945;&#962;, 4567), a Greek form derived from the Aramaic (Heb.ha-satan,), &#8220;an adversary,&#8221; is used (a) of an angel of Jehovah in Num. 22:22 (the first occurrence of the Word in the OT);

(b) of men, e.g., 1 Sam. 29:4; Ps. 38:20; 71:13; Ps. 109...
Zech. 3:1, where the name receives its interpretation, &#8220;to be (his) adversary,&#8221;

diabolos (&#948;&#953;&#945;&#946;&#959;&#955;&#959;&#962;, 1228), an adjective, &#8220;slanderous, accusing falsely,&#8221; is used as a noun, translated &#8220;slanderers&#8221; in 1 Tim. 3:11, where the reference is to those who are given to finding fault with the demeanor and conduct of others and spreading their
innuendos and criticisms in the church; in 2 Tim. 3:3, RV (KJV, &#8220;false accusers&#8221;); Titus 2:3
VINE&#8217;S COMPLETE EXPOSITORY DICTIONARY

Have you heard of Joan of Arc?

Much "Satanic" lore does not originate from actual Satanists, but from so called Christians. Best-known would be the medieval folklore and theology surrounding demons and witches.
OE f&#275;ond 'an enemy, the devil', of Gmc origin.

Upvote 0