Will God come again like a lion not a lamb this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linda1978

God's daughter
Nov 17, 2015
✟159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We believe that when the Lord comes again, man’s body will be transformed into a holy body instantly. Why does God still need to do the work of judgment and chastisement?
lion.jpg

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We believe that when the Lord comes again, man’s body will be transformed into a holy body instantly. Why does God still need to do the work of judgment and chastisement?View attachment 166930

You mean against those who rejected Him?

Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So Lord would give His mercy like a lamb to those believed him, and chastisement like a lion to those rejects him. Right?
Then how to explain the following verses:
“Not everybody who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will get into the kingdom of heaven. Only those who do the will of my Father who is in heaven will enter. On the Judgment Day, many people will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name and expel demons in your name and do lots of miracles in your name?’Then I’ll tell them, ‘I’ve never known you. Get away from me, you people who do wrong.’ Matthew 7:21-23

Acts 19:13 shows us that there are impostors who do not believe the gospel but love to display its power. They confuse the message of the gospel and use such lying signs to promote their own message. Those who do the will of the Father are those who first actively believe in Jesus and then all else follows. This text actually shows us God making them known for the frauds they are.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Llewelyn Stevenson, you mean that some guys believe in God not with their true love but displaying their power? They are among the believers in God's name and difficult to tell? Or you mean the posted picture is a lie?

Some people like what they get out of claiming to be a Christian. They might see it as a means of gain. You've probably noticed some cases of pastors on TV preaching the word and asking for money that they then use to buy corporate jets with. At the same time, you'll see plenty of people sitting in the church pews who think just being there will get them to Heaven. They think spending an hour a week listening to the pastor preach and nodding along in agreement and saying "Amen" at the right times will get them to Heaven.

Jesus wants to "know" us. What He asks us to do is to give our life over to Him and let Him take control. He died for our sins and rose again and ascended into Heaven in order to be the payment of our sinful nature so that through Him, we would be saved from our sin nature. This is a simplistic description, but it's basically how it is.

Upvote 0

Abram's Awakening

Nov 24, 2015
✟8,190.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever heard the story of the seven blind wolves who mistook a wounded Lion for a lamb?

Our Lord is the Lion of the tribe of Judah. He is the sacrificial lamb.

This is a spiritual depiction of His power and His mercy. We find grace and truth as the middle ground...

And the Lion devotes His life to protecting the sheep from the wolves. As do all of those who follow Him...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.