Veteran
Jul 13, 2006
oceans
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I v been told that buddhists will go to hell since Jesus is the only path,, but today a friend said we could not know or judge those things,only God knows.
I v also read a thing telling that slavation is by hearing and accepting gospel,but for those who have no chances to hear,they may still get salvation by what they do,be judged by their behaviour on earth,just like those people who have helped the little ones in church even if they do not know about Jesus.

feel confused....

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I v been told that buddhists will go to hell since Jesus is the only path,, but today a friend said we could not know or judge those things,only God knows.
I v also read a thing telling that slavation is by hearing and accepting gospel,but for those who have no chances to hear,they may still get salvation by what they do,be judged by their behaviour on earth,just like those people who have helped the little ones in church even if they do not know about Jesus.

feel confused....
Well my advice to you would be to talk to some Buddhists and see if they have ever heard the gospel of Christ. Try and feel them out as a whole. If they have and have rejected it, then yes they are going to Hell. If they have not heard the gospel you know what to do. Good luck. Now Buddhism for the most part is not really a religion but more a philosophy since the Buddha never made any claims of deity, now there are theistic Buddhists, but I don't know which god they are worshipping.

Upvote 0

HypnoToad

*croak*
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
✟82,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Only God knows, but it's God who has told us it is by Christ alone. So, if a Buddhist rejects Christ, they are lost.

Now, as for those who never had a chance to hear about Christ, Paul does seem to indicate that those people might be judged differently (I'll have to look for the reference - I believe it's somewhere in Romans where he mentions they have "a law unto themselves".)

Upvote 0

barrykind

Jul 13, 2007
South East Texas
✟7,714.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Stated By Zecryphon

Well my advice to you would be to talk to some Buddhists and see if they have ever heard the gospel of Christ. Try and feel them out as a whole. If they have and have rejected it, then yes they are going to Hell. If they have not heard the gospel you know what to do. Good luck. Now Buddhism for the most part is not really a religion but more a philosophy since the Buddha never made any claims of deity, now there are theistic Buddhists, but I don't know which god they are worshipping.

My ; if i truly thought this line of thinking was right...................................................WE SHOULD NOT NOT TELL ANYONE ABOUT THE GOSPEL; THAT WAY "they never heard" and never go to hell... hummm

Thats not biblical line of thinking. YaHWeH (God) is all love, all mercy, all grace, and all judgement.

Now Yahushua (Jesus) did state that it would be better for "Sodom and Gohmorrah) than for that generation, because if Sodom and Gohmorrah would have heard what they heard they would have repented with sackcloth and ashes long ago. ! hummm

So seemingly thier is different degrees of pumishment.

BUT THE TEACHING of "because they have not heard the gospel" they are not going to helll,,,,,IS A LIE!

And ultimately "the Lake of FIre"

Study Romans dear brother, do NOT believe everything you hear from the pulpit!...Study out the scriptures. Read about the BEREAN's and liken yourself unto them...study...The Holy Spirit will reveal to those who seek in spirit and truth and have received a love of the truth. If we keep ourselves intune with the Holy Spirit we WILL NOT BE DECEIVED......for there is lying spirits in the world today that would :"DECEIVE": the VERY ELECT if it were possible...so it takes YaHWeH and His dear SON YAHUSHUA (Jesus) to keep us from a LIE!!

Pray ask YaHWeH God to speak to you and tell you if i speak words of wisdom or speaking contray to scripture....i am NOTHING, HE is everything.............do not miss a message because im inadequite..

The story in the news paper may be true, dont disbelieve it because you may not like the paper boy who delivered the paper...:)

Study everything with prayer and fasting and study.. :)

love always in the Messiah (Christ)

barry

:groupray:

Upvote 0

barrykind

Jul 13, 2007
South East Texas
✟7,714.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Stated By Zecryphon

My ; if i truly thought this line of thinking was right...................................................WE SHOULD NOT NOT TELL ANYONE ABOUT THE GOSPEL; THAT WAY "they never heard" and never go to hell... hummm

Thats not biblical line of thinking. YaHWeH (God) is all love, all mercy, all grace, and all judgement.

Now Yahushua (Jesus) did state that it would be better for "Sodom and Gohmorrah) than for that generation, because if Sodom and Gohmorrah would have heard what they heard they would have repented with sackcloth and ashes long ago. ! hummm

BUT THE TEACHING of "because they have not heard the gospel" they are not going to helll,,,,,IS A LIE!

Study Romans dear brother, do NOT believe everything you hear from the pulpit!...Study out the scriptures. Read about the BEREAN's and liken yourself unto them...study...The Holy Spirit will reveal to those who seek in spirit and truth and have received a love of the truth. If we keep ourselves intune with the Holy Spirit we WILL NOT BE DECEIVED......for there is lying spirits in the world today that would :"DECEIVE": the VERY ELECT if it were possible...so it takes YaHWeH and His dear SON YAHUSHUA (Jesus) to keep us from a LIE!!

Pray ask YaHWeH God to speak to you and tell you if i speak words of wisdom or speaking contray to scripture....i am NOTHING, HE is everything.............do not miss a message because im inadequite..

The story in the news paper may be true, dont disbelieve it because you may not like the paper boy who delivered the paper...:)

barry

Upvote 0

Mskedi

Senior Veteran
Dec 13, 2005
✟21,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I have issues with the idea of a permanent hell, and this is specifically the issue that gives me the most trouble as my husband and his family, all of whom I love, are Buddhists. And they're wonderful, good people.

I can't imagine God punishing them for being as reverent towards their beliefs as I am towards mine.

Upvote 0

Shiversblood

Civil rights activist
May 12, 2007
United States of America
✟17,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe when they die, they are just dead and don't go to heaven because they didn't accept Jesus. The bible always says without Jesus a man shall surely die. Maybe only if they are evil they go to hell. But i can't know for sure.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Stated By Zecryphon

barry

"My ; if i truly thought this line of thinking was right...................................................WE SHOULD NOT NOT TELL ANYONE ABOUT THE GOSPEL; THAT WAY "they never heard" and never go to hell... hummm"

Where did I advocate not telling anyone about the gospel? I believe you have misinterpreted my entire post and have drawn a faulty conclusion as a result.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have issues with the idea of a permanent hell, and this is specifically the issue that gives me the most trouble as my husband and his family, all of whom I love, are Buddhists. And they're wonderful, good people.

I can't imagine God punishing them for being as reverent towards their beliefs as I am towards mine.
God will not punish them for their beliefs but for their sins. That's how God works. He has this set of moral laws that apply to all people, called the 10 Commandments. Since God is just He must punish law breakers, just like any judge in this country would do as well. But since He is also merciful and gracious He provided a solution to our sin problem, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

DarkGreenMind

feel confused....

Many preachers love to talk about hell. I can even say that some of them think that their mission is to talk about hell, to make people feel doomed to hell. Though many of these zealous preachers do not know what hell is, they speak of a "literal hell of fire": "a fire that makes immortal souls of wicked humans suffer forever". And they are ready to judge anyone and to condemn anyone who does not share their religious views. "You don't believe what I believe ? Oh, you are going to hell!". I have encountered foreign missionaries who asked people: "If you die today, where will you go ? But I don't mean in the grave. To heaven or hell ?"... Such preachers are very confident that they are eternally saved, that they are going to heaven, and they are very proud to be "saints" and to preach THEIR OWN OVERSIMPLIFIED INTERPRETATION of the Gospel ! What is presented to the masses as "Christianity" is a product of human invention, mediocracy, and superficial, carnal thinking. Why are "Christians" so enthusiastic about sending anyone to hell ? "We are saved, we have the true religion, we are the holy ones, we are the true church." Salvation does not come through "knowledge about Jesus" and "membership in the Church", but by personally knowing God and His Christ. Salvation is for those who ARE in the truth. Christianity is a way of LIFE TO BE LIVED, not a THEOLOGICAL THEORY TO BE SUPPORTED. Christianity is about following Jesus, not about advertising a system of dogmas.True Christianity requires followers, not admirers.

God is the just Judge.Who are we to condemn others to hell, only because they don't share our views ? Let God judge the way He pleases.

It seems that many people belong to the Christian religion only due to their desire to receive the prize of heaven and to avoid the punishment of gehenna. They don't love God, but just seek to save their own souls and to see how others perish; this is the very opposite of the spirit and the word of Christ.

Reactions: Forest
Upvote 0

Shiversblood

Civil rights activist
May 12, 2007
United States of America
✟17,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"My ; if i truly thought this line of thinking was right...................................................WE SHOULD NOT NOT TELL ANYONE ABOUT THE GOSPEL; THAT WAY "they never heard" and never go to hell... hummm"

Where did I advocate not telling anyone about the gospel? I believe you have misinterpreted my entire post and have drawn a faulty conclusion as a result.

I think they said that because they figure Never hearing about the gospel is better then burning in the fire for all eternity. Kinda makes sense.

Upvote 0
D

DarkGreenMind

I believe so because Buddha is a false god.

Buddha would be a false god if one worships him as a god. Buddhism is not the true faith (if it is a faith at all), of course, but it does NOT teach that Buddha is Deity. And "Buddha" is a title, not a personal name.
But why do we need to discuss Buddhists ? Let's discuss Christians.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Buddha would be a false god if one worships him as a god. Buddhism is not the true faith (if it is a faith at all), of course, but it does NOT teach that Buddha is Deity. And "Buddha" is a title, not a personal name.
But why do we need to discuss Buddhists ? Let's discuss Christians.
Well if we're gonna discuss Christians, then the question becomes "Are there Christians who are going to Hell?" Anyone?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DeanM

Jun 4, 2007
✟5,870.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Buddhists have the same chance of getting into Heaven as anyone else does. They will be judged by God, and not by man.

Here's a familiar scripture that is often quoted by some Christians as solid proof that only Christians can go to Heaven.

John 3:16-21

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[g] 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."[h]

While some like to claim that this means that anyone who is not a Christian goes to hell, I do not see the word 'hell' anywhere in there.

The word the Bible uses is 'condemned.'

'Condemned' to what? The bible does not say.

I think that the bible means 'condemned' to be judged.
Does this mean that everyone else goes to hell?

Not only does the bible not say anything about that, I really seriously doubt that that is what it means.

Is God so petty as to send all Buddhists to hell? They pray, they worship, they have another name for God (as if we can agree on the name of our God). What makes them so worthless to God?

The answer? Who knows. Man is not supposed to stand in judgement of our brothers and sisters. I have to admit that I have grown very tired of some people who claim to know God's will based on their interpretations of scripture, and who conveniently forget that we are not supposed to judge eachother.

It is questions like this that can bring out the sad side of Christianity, practised by a few, and lending a bad reputation to the entire faith.

God knows best. Anyone who claims to know any better than God does should really rethink their faith.

Blessings

Reactions: Peso
Upvote 0

OldChurchGuy

Feb 19, 2007
✟15,752.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

feel confused....

I agree with your friend. Determining a person's ultimate destiny is not a responsibility I want. Since none of us can put God in a box, it seems that this is God's call and no one else's.

OldChurchGuy

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Buddhists have the same chance of getting into Heaven as anyone else does. They will be judged by God, and not by man.

Here's a familiar scripture that is often quoted by some Christians as solid proof that only Christians can go to Heaven.

John 3:16-21

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[g] 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."[h]

While some like to claim that this means that anyone who is not a Christian goes to hell, I do not see the word 'hell' anywhere in there.

The word the Bible uses is 'condemned.'

'Condemned' to what? The bible does not say.

I think that the bible means 'condemned' to be judged.
Does this mean that everyone else goes to hell?

Not only does the bible not say anything about that, I really seriously doubt that that is what it means.

Is God so petty as to send all Buddhists to hell? They pray, they worship, they have another name for God (as if we can agree on the name of our God). What makes them so worthless to God?

The answer? Who knows. Man is not supposed to stand in judgement of our brothers and sisters. I have to admit that I have grown very tired of some people who claim to know God's will based on their interpretations of scripture, and who conveniently forget that we are not supposed to judge eachother.

It is questions like this that can bring out the sad side of Christianity, practised by a few, and lending a bad reputation to the entire faith.

God knows best. Anyone who claims to know any better than God does should really rethink their faith.

Blessings
Jesus is crystal clear about how we come to the Father in John 14:6.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Upvote 0

DeanM

Jun 4, 2007
✟5,870.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is crystal clear about how we come to the Father in John 14:6.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
And if Jesus presides over the judgement, what better way to allow Buddhists into Heaven? That way, you can be right, and so can I.

Our two schools of thought are not mutually exclusive.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And if Jesus presides over the judgement, what better way to allow Buddhists into Heaven? That way, you can be right, and so can I.

Our two schools of thought are not mutually exclusive.

Blessings
"And if Jesus presides over the judgement, what better way to allow Buddhists into Heaven? That way, you can be right, and so can I."

It's not about being right, it's about what Jesus clearly said in that passage about how we come to the Father.

"Our two schools of thought are not mutually exclusive."

Jesus' own words are exclusive. We come to the Father through Him and Him only.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.