Will Biden live up to his own principles?

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
"Will Biden Live Up to His Own Principles? ... According to Joe Biden, Joe Biden should step down under sexual-assault allegations ... Embarrassingly for Biden, he has argued that such questioning is per se inappropriate: 'What should happen is the woman should be given the benefit of the doubt and not be, you know, abused again by the system. I hope that they understand what courage it takes for someone to come forward and relive what they believe happened to them and let them state it, but treat her with respect.' If this is what “should happen,” why don’t Democrats practice it — and why doesn’t Biden himself step aside in order to live by the standards he championed only two years ago?" (source)

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And leave your boy Trump all alone on the ballot while he's guilty of the same things? Or worse yet, Biden steps aside and Sanders steps in? Don't worry, Biden doesn't need to step aside, Trump will be re-elected. The electorate will see to that, and if not, there's always the electoral college in case the people wise up.

This whole Biden/me too thing is a smokescreen. If you hold one accountable, you have to hold them both accountable. Which is really the true answer.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
And leave your boy Trump all alone on the ballot while he's guilty of the same things? Or worse yet, Biden steps aside and Sanders steps in? Don't worry, Biden doesn't need to step aside, Trump will be re-elected. The electorate will see to that, and if not, there's always the electoral college in case the people wise up.

This whole Biden/me too thing is a smokescreen. If you hold one accountable, you have to hold them both accountable. Which is really the true answer.
Strawman ... and, you must have mistaken me for a Trump supporter, which I am not.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Strawman ... and, you must have mistaken me for a Trump supporter, which I am not.
Of course it was a strawman! There was no suggestion that the Democrats would be left without a candidate if Biden did step down.

There are still months to go before the national nominating conventions and a majority of the Democratic delegates are yet to be chosen.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
"Joe Biden: When a woman alleges sexual assault, presume she is telling the truth ... [Biden said:] 'For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real'" (source)

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0