Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Welcome to the Wild Boar Inn!
1698671587858.png

This is an area to freely discuss anything from sports and recreation, to cigars and whiskey. All are welcome to post keeping things light and friendly.

Any recommendations for cigars? I'm meeting up with some fellas on Friday and I usually smoke a pipe.

Cheers,

jm

Last edited:

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟403,621.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hey, nice idea. I don't smoke myself, and I don't drink particularly much, but I know many Lutherans are excited about beer. I'm sure others here have a bit more to add, but I may pop in from time to time.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This may come as a surprise, my favorite alcoholic beverage is hot chocolate with mint schnapps. With the weather getting colder I may imbibe in that again.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,357.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
This may come as a surprise, my favorite alcoholic beverage is hot chocolate with mint schnapps. With the weather getting colder I may imbibe in that again.
Wow, that sounds great. I may try that one.

Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I haven't smoked a cigar in a while, but I still have them. I prefer light to medium robusto or robusto extra, I am good with a basic Monte Cristo Robusto.

I do enjoy whiskey, one of my best friends and I completed the Bourbon Trail earlier this year. My personal favorite bourbon is Green River Wheated and Bulleit Bourbon, but I also enjoy Tullamore Dew XO and other Irish whiskeys.

Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟567,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I used to belong to a club that centered on cigar culture. I'm not really a big smoker and haven't lit a cigar in over 2 years. I participated mostly because they were really supportive and my network after my wife died. And I liked cooking for the group. I used to have a really great screened in back porch and we would have the weekly meetings there about once a month.

That said, I like H. Uppmann Vintage Cameroon, Ecuadorian sungrown, the Macanudos with a red band, Padron. . .

Pendleton Whiskey is good.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,357.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I used to belong to a club that centered on cigar culture. I'm not really a big smoker and haven't lit a cigar in over 2 years. I participated mostly because they were really supportive and my network after my wife died. And I liked cooking for the group. I used to have a really great screened in back porch and we would have the weekly meetings there about once a month.

That said, I like H. Uppmann Vintage Cameroon, Ecuadorian sungrown, the Macanudos with a red band, Padron. . .

Pendleton Whiskey is good.
I'm sorry for your loss Shane I didn't realize you are a widower.

I'm not a huge smoker, once every 6 months, I do like whiskey.

What type of meals do you like to prepare?

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟567,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Long before I was a pastor I was a butcher. Many forms of BBQ are in my wheelhouse. I also like to do steak, Philly cheesesteak casserole, and Spanish stew (by a 16th century recipe).

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟567,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Early in the 'Rona panic, one of the really great steakhouses in Virginia Beach offered there meat at a big discount, because they couldn't have dine in customers. So I went over there and bought 3 great tomahawk ribeyes. I passed one to a friend. I did one caveman style. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and laid it straight on the fire. I did flip it. It came out so good. Well, at least for those who like medium-rare to rare.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,357.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Early in the 'Rona panic, one of the really great steakhouses in Virginia Beach offered there meat at a big discount, because they couldn't have dine in customers. So I went over there and bought 3 great tomahawk ribeyes. I passed one to a friend. I did one caveman style. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and laid it straight on the fire. I did flip it. It came out so good. Well, at least for those who like medium-rare to rare.
I learn something everyday, who knew cavemen had tin foil!

jk

Sounds great.

• Haha
Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,357.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Good day,

Not really into the tabaco now a days... I do like Dark beer and tequila as I vacation yearly in Mexico.

Get yourself a glass with some Ice lets enjoy!

View attachment 339016
Interesting bottle.

What's the significance of 1921?

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,357.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Good day,

In September of 1921 the authority of Spain was finally ousted and Mexico was formed the revolution lasted from 1910 - 1921.
I had a feeling...ever read Graham Green's work titled, "The power and the glory?" I guess it's set during that time.

Upvote 0