Why would God created ugliness?

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
God is as abstract as the world He created. It's only man made society that applies linear rules to everything. It's our flaw I'm afraid. Dogs can't count, hamsters can't fly and we can't think beyond the human mind.

What on earth was I talking about?

I'm completely crackers.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
And then there's the question of what is beauty? What makes one beautiful and another 'ugly'?

Where does our ideal come from?
Luke 16:15 comes to mind.

So probably related to the heart.

Upvote 0

RoanokeIllinois

God is real, and I am not him.
Sep 7, 2022
Roanoke
✟2,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate beauty as much as the next person, but not everything I see is beautiful. At this time of year, in the winter time, the mountainside where I live sheds all of its leaves and is laid brown, waste, and bare. The appearance of it is very ugly and an eyesore to look at. Thus I don't look at the mountainside too much because of that.

Also I never thought that I was a good looking person, so I never look at myself in the mirror.

Why would God create people and landscapes that are not beautiful to behold? It's not eye candy to look outside my window or to behold myself in the mirror.

Is it because this world is marred by sin and that is why things have ugly appearances?

God created free will. Humans created the "ugliness".

and "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." when it comes to a human.

All of God's children are beautiful to him.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Looks can be deceptive and beauty can be found in ugliness which also works the other way. I like everything in nature apart from some types of spiders because there are some freaky looking spiders out there that send shivers down my spine.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess there has to be a balance otherwise nothing would work. Ugliness is only how we perceive it, ugliness comes from sin and within but in the light of other eyes it can't be seen because ugliness comes from us humans and in nature ugliness isn't seen. For example if you had two cows, male and female but one of them was ugly or what we see as ugly they would still mate with each other.

Upvote 0