Why would God choose choose circumcision for His Covenant?

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Until you get to Joshua, where they begin to move out to conquer Canaan, and all the adult males are circumcised at the same time. . .OUCH!
Lol. Also what they called the place - "hill of foreskins". Hardly a name that would entice you to visit for a date, or take the family there for a vacation. Still, if given a choice between circumcision pain or birthing pain, I think most people would choose the former.

And who says circumcision doesn't reduce pleasure? A woman, oh I see. The foreskin helps to lubricate, and it's softer than the glans, which makes intercourse easier
So her research is invalid because it was led by a female? Sounds kind of sexist... The work obviously involved testing on males - it wasn't her opinion. I think the fact that the research was led by a female makes it much less likely to be biased. We males always want to think we are right, but this lady clearly has no skin in the game (pun intended), which makes her findings that much more trustworthy.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Joey16Vargas

Dec 23, 2019
Huila
✟20,800.00
Country
Colombia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lol. Also what they called the place - "hill of foreskins". Hardly a name that would entice you to visit for a date, or take the family there for a vacation. Still, if given a choice between circumcision pain or birthing pain, I think most people would choose the former.

So her research is invalid because it was led by a female? Sounds kind of sexist... The work obviously involved testing on males - it wasn't her opinion. I think the fact that the research was led by a female makes it much less likely to be biased. We males always want to think we are right, but this lady clearly has no skin in the game (pun intended), which makes her findings that much more trustworthy.
It's not sexist. It's like a man saying the removal of the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] doesn't affect the sexual pleasure of the women.
And why do you think 2 of every 3 men worldwide are uncircumcised?

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
People who support child abbuse, I mean, circumcision, often say “it prevents UTIs” but fun fact, it's WAY easirer for women to get UTIs than for men to get them, in my country 95% of men are uncut, and men rarely get UTIs, but women do often.

The ONLY reason circumcision is practiced in the US is because it generates a lot of money, that's right, people in our days make money at the expense of baby boy's bodies

I was referring to women's UTIs in my post, merely trying to address the female hygiene question. My apologies if it was flippant towards a sensitive subject.

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's not sexist. It's like a man saying the removal of the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] doesn't affect the sexual pleasure of the women.
That would just be ignorant. Jennifer Bossio is a scientist, and she wasn't just giving an opinion. This was the result of scientific research with evidence. The closest equivalent to circumcision in women would be to remove some of the clitoral hood, but certainly not the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

And why do you think 2 of every 3 men worldwide are uncircumcised?
Poverty and/or lack of opportunity/education?

I was referring to women's UTIs in my post, merely trying to address the female hygiene question. My apologies if it was flippant towards a sensitive subject.
No need to apologise. You were not being flippant, and people can make a "mountain out of a mo-hel" with this subject. It is claimed that circumcision does indeed reduce UTIs in males, so your post was correct. Studies also indicate that the health/hygiene benefits extend to the wives of circumcised men.

Upvote 0

Joey16Vargas

Dec 23, 2019
Huila
✟20,800.00
Country
Colombia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That would just be ignorant. Jennifer Bossio is a scientist, and she wasn't just giving an opinion. This was the result of scientific research with evidence. The closest equivalent to circumcision in women would be to remove some of the clitoral hood, but certainly not the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Poverty and/or lack of opportunity/education?

No need to apologise. You were not being flippant, and people can make a "mountain out of a mo-hel" with this subject. It is claimed that circumcision does indeed reduce UTIs in males, so your post was correct. Studies also indicate that the health/hygiene benefits extend to the wives of circumcised men.
So you're telling me men in Germany, France, UK, Italy, Norway, Brazil, Sweden, Finland, Spain, Denmark, Iceland, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland and Austria are poor and not educated?
33% of men worlwide are circumcised, and a HUGE reason for this % is Islam, not hygiene.
People say it prevents STDs/UTIs, well 95% of men in my country are uncut, here STDs are rare, and women here get UTIs more often than men, in Japan only the few jews and the few muslims are cut, and in Japan the STDs are practically extinct.
Removing the foreskin means removing thousands upons thousands of sexually-sensitive nerves.
It takes 20 seconds a day to clean under your foreskin, and the fact that you have no foreskin, doesn't mean you don't have to clean properly. All those claims about dead skin in nether region, well, the Vagina isn't exactly the cleanest body part, however we're not claiming cutting a part of women's labia helps to erradicate this

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you're telling me men in Germany, France, UK, Italy, Norway, Brazil, Sweden, Finland, Spain, Denmark, Iceland, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland and Austria are poor and not educated?
33% of men worlwide are circumcised, and a HUGE reason for this % is Islam, not hygiene.
Probably circumcision isn't generally covered by insurance in those countries. If it were, the rates would be higher. Hence the poverty argument.

People say it prevents STDs/UTIs, well 95% of men in my country are uncut, here STDs are rare, and women here get UTIs more often than men, in Japan only the few jews and the few muslims are cut, and in Japan the STDs are practically extinct.
Removing the foreskin means removing thousands upons thousands of sexually-sensitive nerves.
It takes 20 seconds a day to clean under your foreskin, and the fact that you have no foreskin, doesn't mean you don't have to clean properly. All those claims about dead skin in nether region, well, the Vagina isn't exactly the cleanest body part, however we're not claiming cutting a part of women's labia helps to erradicate this
Female Genital Mutilation is barbaric, and isn't mentioned in the bible. Circumcision has been practiced for thousands of years, and was a commandment from God for all Israelite males. So can't be that bad.

Skin does have a lot of nerve endings in it, but in the case of excess skin, it can cause health issues. Have you ever had a wart removed? Those things have nerve endings also - or at least, feel like they do - but are ugly and nasty. Whether or not there are thousands of nerve endings in a foreskin, a scientific study has showed that there is minimal difference in sensation between circumcision/uncircumcision.

If you don't want it, don't do it. But freedom means we can't force our beliefs onto others.

Upvote 0

Joey16Vargas

Dec 23, 2019
Huila
✟20,800.00
Country
Colombia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably circumcision isn't generally covered by insurance in those countries. If it were, the rates would be higher. Hence the poverty argument.

Female Genital Mutilation is barbaric, and isn't mentioned in the bible. Circumcision has been practiced for thousands of years, and was a commandment from God for all Israelite males. So can't be that bad.

Skin does have a lot of nerve endings in it, but in the case of excess skin, it can cause health issues. Have you ever had a wart removed? Those things have nerve endings also - or at least, feel like they do - but are ugly and nasty. Whether or not there are thousands of nerve endings in a foreskin, a scientific study has showed that there is minimal difference in sensation between circumcision/uncircumcision.

If you don't want it, don't do it. But freedom means we can't force our beliefs onto others.
People in USA have to pay A LOT of money to circumcise their sons, so the insurance thing isn't a real argument.

Circumcision was ordered by God, you know what else was ordered by God?? God said if a woman was not a virgin on her wedding night, she MUST had been stoned to death by the men of the city. Sooo if you find your wife isn't a virgin on your wedding night, will you stone her to death?
Another of Deuteronomy's laws is that I can rape a woman, then pay a money to her father, and I can keep her as my wife, basically I'm buying a woman after raping her, shall we try that law in our society??

Women sometimes also have excess of labia, should they be forced to undergo Labiaplasty?

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
People in USA have to pay A LOT of money to circumcise their sons, so the insurance thing isn't a real argument.
Really? Probably that is why rates are dropping, then.

Circumcision was ordered by God, you know what else was ordered by God?? God said if a woman was not a virgin on her wedding night, she MUST had been stoned to death by the men of the city. Sooo if you find your wife isn't a virgin on your wedding night, will you stone her to death?
Uncircumcised males were also to be killed or at least, "cut off". I'm not saying uncircumcised males should be killed, or non-virgin females. Just that if circumcision was a commandment, it surely must be a good thing, same as marrying a virgin as compared to a woman already taken.

Another of Deuteronomy's laws is that I can rape a woman, then pay a money to her father, and I can keep her as my wife, basically I'm buying a woman after raping her, shall we try that law in our society??
This law was to enable restitution for rape. It probably would be a lot more just than some of the laws in place, and in a way helped to prevent single mothers.

Women sometimes also have excess of labia, should they be forced to undergo Labiaplasty?
You're not comparing the same thing. Female genital mutilation is very damaging to women, and has no benefits. Circumcision doesn't really make much difference to males, and it has a lot of benefits for the man and his wife, for the cost of just a few days of pain.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because "Israel is forever": Adam is limited to one millennial week, because of the fall.
It is the living oracle of the 8th Day, called "That Great Day", in the living oracles, in the Word, when the heavens and the earth are elementally changed at the atomic level, and God's One plan for the creation of the earth, with Adam made male and female, so as to get sons of God of the human being kind, for the purpose of "planting the heavens" with the sons who live their lives on earth, multiplying, until the ordained "day" of their time is finished, and they undergo the metamorphosis to the Glory, are glorified sons of God, building His temple "not made with hands" in the heavens "Forever"; but in the New Creation Man name, which name is "Israel", not "Adam".
"Joey16Vargas, post: 75770004, member: 424935"...why God would ask such a thing to seal His Covenant....What do you think is the reason God choose to mark men in his most personal area?

Thank you

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because "Israel is forever": Adam is limited to one millennial week, because of the fall.
It is the living oracle of the 8th Day, called "That Great Day", in the living oracles, in the Word, when the heavens and the earth are elementally changed at the atomic level, and God's One plan for the creation of the earth, with Adam made male and female, so as to get sons of God of the human being kind, for the purpose of "planting the heavens" with the sons who live their lives on earth, multiplying, until the ordained "day" of their time is finished, and they undergo the metamorphosis to the Glory, are glorified sons of God, building His temple "not made with hands" in the heavens "Forever"; but in the New Creation Man name, which name is "Israel", not "Adam".
"Joey16Vargas, post: 75770004, member: 424935"...why God would ask such a thing to seal His Covenant....What do you think is the reason God choose to mark men in his most personal area?

Thank you

Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Thank you
But this doesn't answer why women were not also marked, given man was made male and female.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But this doesn't answer why women were not also marked, given man was made male and female.
Research the seed.
The seed is carried in the loins of the male, only.
The souls are in the loins of the male, only.
The sperm is the carrier of the seed.
The egg receives the sperm, and the one spirit of the Adam kind that is inherent in the seed begins to build the flesh body as a house for the soul to live in, according to the written/coded pattern of it.
Adam multiplies until the Adam spirit is cut off, and no more Adam seed will come forth.
That is at the end of the seventh millinnial day, and the one millinnial week for Adam, on earth.
Every element of creation will be regenerated at the atomic level of it at the beginning of that 8th day.
No more "Adam" but the one plan for human beings and the earth and heavens will go on forever and forever.
The New creation Man name is "Israel".
Israel is forever.
Okay, now, to learn research it....
I can't do all the references for now....busy day, but God had one plan and it will go on, but not in the Adam name, but in Israel name.
1. Male and female was for the purpose of God getting human being flesh sons to "plant the heavens" with the translated/ glorified/changed human being sons: male and female are one spirit/flesh/bone/blood, in the Word.
Marriage is for earth, and translated glorified human beings are sons/the bride/ Church/congregation; and the translation was to come after the fulfillment of one millennial "day".
That plan will be restored in the new man name, and the promises to Israel are for a thousand generations.
Earth, regenerated, will go on forever, with sons of God born, living their day, being translated to the glory, and forever planting the heavens.
Earth is young, heavens are young, the fall sold earth into sin and death: corruption entered the Adam flesh at the fall.
Jerusalem above became a barren widow =no sons to build her up, and the Redemption of the Adam souls builds up Jerusalem above with sons, and the heavens are planted forever...

Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0