Jersey City
✟15,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So I'm a 2nd year student at my university, 20 and I developed feelings for this woman who's studying a PhD and is 24. We're both Christian by the way. I told her how I felt back in September of last year and I got rejected. She said it was because of school and past experiences with guys in the past. I'm not one to judge whether or not it's true because it's not my place to do so. Since then I've been praying to God to take away these feelings because it's torture to be honest. To have feelings for someone who doesn't reciprocate them and isn't that into you feels terrible. I'm forced to see her twice a week because we go to the same bible study and youth group at school. I just want for these feelings to go away but it seems like God's not helping me out here =(. Does anyone have any advice here on this stuff because I'm new to the dating and relationship scene. Thanks and God bless!

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I was rejected by the first young man I loved too. Yes, it hurts. I see it as a growing experience. It teaches you that even though you love, sometimes your love is not returned. The Bible teaches us to love, in spite of the fact that someone may not love us back. We are even to love and pray for our enemies. Yes, that is really difficult, I know.

As to the feelings, maybe you might want to consciously attempt to start "feeling" for another young lady. Look for admirable qualities in the other ladies in the Bible study. You might even find that one of them has feelings for you!

Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

I've already read the Bible
Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes they go away. Other times they just fade away without ever disappearing completely. For example, Dante Alighieri had romantic feelings for his unrequited crush his entire life, even though he married another woman.

Upvote 0

Juan9080

Apr 5, 2018
Jersey City
✟15,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was rejected by the first young man I loved too. Yes, it hurts. I see it as a growing experience. It teaches you that even though you love, sometimes your love is not returned. The Bible teaches us to love, in spite of the fact that someone may not love us back. We are even to love and pray for our enemies. Yes, that is really difficult, I know.

As to the feelings, maybe you might want to consciously attempt to start "feeling" for another young lady. Look for admirable qualities in the other ladies in the Bible study. You might even find that one of them has feelings for you!
It's definitely tough. I was talking to a man from my church who's my person of accountability and he said it's possible that it's just a matter of God's timing for us to come together or He has different plans for the both of us. I see it more as He has different plans for us. She sees me pretty half heartedly, even for a friend and I don't see it changing anytime soon. It also gives me a good feel that God's best is yet to come!

• Friendly
Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2018
Camden
✟15,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Love in itself is brutal, especially when they reject you. I cant say I have the remedy but the Lord does. The best thing to do, pray about it and let the Lord continue to be first. If she's the one, so be it. And if not, the Lord will take care of you in His own way and in His timing. I pray Im not sounding harsh, because I just started college myself and everyone I've met is either having a baby or dating someone or anything of that sort. On top of that, they all seem to have just gotten out of high school. It is difficult for me with the lonelies and I know what a broken heart is like too as well as rejection. But you've got each of us, and the Lord always is in your corner. Keep those things in mind and Satan will continue to fail at overcoming you.

Upvote 0