✟1,358,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 10:19-25 ESV

“Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”

When Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, who is the second person of our triune God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – died on that cross, he who knew no sin became sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God. And so when he died, our sins were put to death with him so that we might now, by faith in him, die with him to sin and live to him and to his righteousness. For by grace we are saved. And that grace teaches us to say “No!” to ungodliness and fleshly lusts, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives while we wait for our Lord’s return.

[2 Corinthians 5:15,21; 1 Peter 2:24; Romans 6:1-23; Titus 2:11-14]

Now, under the Old Covenant, a high priest went once a year into the Holy of Holies to make sacrifice first for his own sins and then for the sins of the people. And he was the only one who could enter into this holy place behind a curtain. But when Jesus Christ died on that cross, that curtain was torn in two, symbolizing that now, through Jesus’ sacrifice for our sins, and by faith in him, we can now enter into the presence of Almighty God and we no longer need a human mediator between us and God. And now Jesus Christ is our high priest, and no other, and we all are a holy priesthood.

[Hebrews 2:17; Hebrews 3:1; Hebrews 4:14-15; Hebrews 7:26-28; 1 Peter 2:5-9; Revelation 1:5-6; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 20:6]

Therefore, since we can now come into the holy presence of Almighty God, by God-given faith in Jesus Christ, because of what he did for us on that cross in shedding his blood for our freedom from slavery to sin, we should draw near to God with true hearts in full assurance of faith in our Lord Jesus. And that faith involves us being crucified with Christ in death to sin, and being raised with Christ to walk in newness of life in him, no longer as slaves to sin, but now as slaves to God and to his righteousness. So we now walk according to the Spirit and no longer according to the flesh.

And now we are to hold fast the confession of our hope in our salvation from sin without wavering. And that confession is not lip service only. For to confess is to agree with God, to voice the same conclusion as him, and it is to align with him, and it is to speak the same thing as him.

And Jesus said that if anyone would come after him he must deny self, take up his cross daily (die daily to sin and to self) and follow (obey) him. For if we don’t, but we hold on to our lives of living in sin and for self, we will lose them for eternity. But if we are crucified with Christ in death to sin, and so we are raised with him, and we are now walking in newness of life in him, we have eternal life. For if we are ashamed of Jesus and his Word in this life, then when he comes back he will be ashamed of us (he will deny us).

[Luke 9:23-26; cf. Matthew 7:21-23; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-14]

Now, not everyone who professes faith in Jesus Christ has truly been crucified with Christ in death to sin and been raised with Christ to walk in newness of life in him, no longer as slaves to sin, but now as slaves to God and to his righteousness. For many are buying into a lie which is telling them that they can make a one-time profession of Christ as Savior and Lord, and have all their sins forgiven (past, present, and future), and that heaven is now guaranteed them when they die, regardless of how they live.

But that is not the gospel message of the Scriptures that Jesus Christ and Paul and the other New Testament apostles taught. They taught that we must die to our old lives of living in sin and for self, and that we must be transformed in heart and mind of the Spirit of God (be born again), and that we must now walk in holiness and in righteousness in obedience to our Lord, in his power and strength. For if we continue in deliberate and habitual sin, and if righteousness and obedience to our Lord are not what we practice, then we will not inherit eternal life with God regardless of what we profess.

[Matt 7:21-23; Lu 9:23-26; Jn 6:35-58; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14; 1 Co 6:9-10; 2 Co 5:10; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-11; 1 Jn 1:5-10; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 10:23-31; 1 Pet 1:17-21; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

So, when this encourages us to consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day (of judgment) drawing near… and as we read that we are to exhort one another every day so that none of us may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin (Hebrews 3:13), it is because if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries (Hebrews 10:26-31).

Now, when this says, in this context, that we are not to neglect meeting together, as is the habit of some, it is for the purpose for the body of Christ to encourage one another in our walks of faith, and to stir one another up to love and good works, and it is for the purpose to prevent one another from being hardened to the righteousness of God by the deceitfulness of sin, because if sin is what we practice, and if righteousness and godliness and obedience to our Lord are not what we practice, we will not enter the kingdom of heaven, but Jesus will tell us to depart from him.

Also, when it says that we are not to neglect meeting together, this has nothing to do with the institutional market-driven gatherings called “church,” that are of the flesh of man and not of God. For those are businesses which are being marketed to the world like any other business, and so they are working to attract the world to their businesses called “church” via marketing tricks and schemes, and via entertainment and the manipulation of the gospel to make it less offensive to human flesh. So, we are to come out from among them and to be separate.

[Jn 15:19; Rom 12:1-2; Jas 4:4; 1 Jn 2:15-17; 2 Co 6:14-18; Rev 18:1-5]

For Our Nation

An Original Work / September 11, 2012

Bombs are bursting. Night is falling.
Jesus Christ is gently calling
You to follow Him in all ways.
Trust Him with your life today.
Make Him your Lord and your Savior.
Turn from your sin. Follow Jesus.
He will forgive you of your sin;
Cleanse your heart, made new within.

Men betraying: Our trust fraying.
On our knees to God we’re praying,
Seeking God to give us answers
That are only found in Him.
God is sovereign over all things.
Nothing from His mind escaping.
He has all things under His command,
And will work all for good.

Jesus Christ is gently calling
You to follow Him in all ways.

Men deceiving: We’re believing
In our Lord, and interceding
For our nation and its people
To obey their God today.
He is our hope for our future.
For our wounds He offers suture.
He is all we need for this life.
Trust Him with your life today.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Sue. I enjoy your posts very much whenever I happen upon them on browsing the forums. But I notice that for some reason you never get a lot of replies, at least not nearly as many replies as your content deserves. Why do you do it, Sue?

Blessings

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sue. I enjoy your posts very much whenever I happen upon them on browsing the forums. But I notice that for some reason you never get a lot of replies, at least not nearly as many replies as your content deserves. Why do you do it, Sue?

Blessings
I don't write for the approval of human beings. I write for the glory of God and in obedience to him. For to this he called me some 18 years ago to write down what he teaches me from his word each day and to place it on the internet. So, that's what I do and why I do it. And it is for the strengthening and the encouragement of the body of Christ and for the salvation of human souls, whether they listen or fail to listen, or whether they respond or they don't.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Blessings
Also, thank you for this encouragement. All glory to God. But much appreciated.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0