Why was Jesus crucified for our sins, what did his death accomplish ?

Mr Pickles

Feb 2, 2012
✟449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
IVE SEEN THIS ASKED By Non Christians

I would really love for someone to try and explain the logic behind a man having to die on a cross to pay for our sins.

I asked this in another thread and it seems that not one person had an answer.

WHAT WOULD YOUR ANSWER BE TO SUCH A QUESTION FROM A NON CHRISTIAN ,
What did the death of Jesus Accomplish on the cross.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. His resurrection enabled us to have new life (the new birth) because we were raised with Him.
2. His death and blood redeemed us from our sins and the spiritual results of sin.
3. His physical suffering redeemed us from the temportal results of our sin and living in a fallen world.

Essentially He has saved us from everything we would ever need to be saved from, whether it be spiritually, soulically, and physically.

Upvote 0

Mr Pickles

Feb 2, 2012
✟449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
good answer, this was mine , but i know theres more , ie the curse of hanging on a tree.

Jesus was the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world. we see when Israel left Egypt, the destroying angels came to smote the first born of Egypt, we see the children of Israel , took an unblemished Lamb, and put the blood on the top and the sides of the door posts, a picture of what was to come, the cross, where the destroying angels saw the blood they past over,

Hence the feast of pass over, Jesus was crucified during the pass over , where the high priest took a sacrifice into the holy of holy, once a year to atone for the sins of the people. the high priest would have a rope around him, if the sacrifice was not accepted he would be struck down , and pulled out by the rope.

Jesus sacrifice for our sins to atone for us with his blood, redeem us, pay the ransom, to taking our punishment the full judgement of God upon himself,

justice has been settled, we can now go free, because Jesus took our place, the sent ace has been paid, for filled the law satisfied.

Abraham was told to sacrifice his son, Abraham just before he was about to slay his son, God stopped him, and provided a sacrifice, this two was a picture of the depth height breadth of Gods love for us, to save us, was going to cost him , his only begotten son ,

going to the cross.

we are saved not with silver or gold but the blood sacrifice of Jesus.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the culture of this world, it is sometimes hard to get past the "you are a sinner and need to be saved" aspect. I know this really irked my parents and of all the "good news" I presented all they came away with was that I was calling them sinners. With many people that is all they hear...and they become indignant at your suggestion that they are sinners. But how can you share salvation without telling them what they are saved from? And can you induce "godly sorrow for sin" if you do not mention it?
This has been a struggle... the devil is right there suggesting to them that you are being self righteous holier than thou. It is tough.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
good answer, this was mine , but i know theres more , ie the curse of hanging on a tree.

Jesus was the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world. we see when Israel left Egypt, the destroying angels came to smote the first born of Egypt, we see the children of Israel , took an unblemished Lamb, and put the blood on the top and the sides of the door posts, a picture of what was to come, the cross, where the destroying angels saw the blood they past over,

Hence the feast of pass over, Jesus was crucified during the pass over , where the high priest took a sacrifice into the holy of holy, once a year to atone for the sins of the people. the high priest would have a rope around him, if the sacrifice was not accepted he would be struck down , and pulled out by the rope.

Jesus sacrifice for our sins to atone for us with his blood, redeem us, pay the ransom, to taking our punishment the full judgement of God upon himself,

justice has been settled, we can now go free, because Jesus took our place, the sent ace has been paid, for filled the law satisfied.

Abraham was told to sacrifice his son, Abraham just before he was about to slay his son, God stopped him, and provided a sacrifice, this two was a picture of the depth height breadth of Gods love for us, to save us, was going to cost him , his only begotten son ,

going to the cross.

we are saved not with silver or gold but the blood sacrifice of Jesus.
I go back to 1 John 1:9 and how Jesus is faithful and just to forgive our sins. It does not say faithful and merciful in this place. Justice requires that our sins be forgiven and therefore we know that because Jesus is both faithful and just, those sins will be forgiven.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The blood of the innocent is what is necessary, and was given as a type to the Hebrews through their animal sacrificial system.

Part of Hebrews 9 is about our redemption through the shedding of the blood of Jesus and why it was necessary. After all, without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins available (Heb 9:22).

Here's a small chunk of the text where the writer spells it all out:
But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come, then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. For where a will is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established. For a will takes effect only at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive. Therefore not even the first covenant was inaugurated without blood. For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, “This is the blood of the covenant that God commanded for you.” And in the same way he sprinkled with the blood both the tent and all the vessels used in worship. Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.
Heb 9:11-22

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't know what the problem would be, y'all

It's a GIVEN that without the shedding of blood, SIN can't be remitted.

It's also a Given that the blood of birds and livestock could ONLY accomplish a temporary hiding of SIN which remained.

It's a GIVEN that Adam brought SIN into the world when he chose satan instead of God to be his lord. so it's logical that an adamic HUMAN would be needed to take SIN back out.

And according to Isaiah, Jesus would be THE "Sin offering" for all who would make His soul their offering.

Jesus' offering eradicates SIN and justifies whoever applys his blood to their lives by FAITH.

Simple as that.

Upvote 0

mjere

Sep 20, 2012
New York, New York
✟7,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IVE SEEN THIS ASKED By Non Christians

I would really love for someone to try and explain the logic behind a man having to die on a cross to pay for our sins.

I asked this in another thread and it seems that not one person had an answer.

WHAT WOULD YOUR ANSWER BE TO SUCH A QUESTION FROM A NON CHRISTIAN ,
What did the death of Jesus Accomplish on the cross.

Well, Jesus didn't die in principle.

When we started off in the garden of Eden we were sinless, but after the fall man's spirit died (was separated from the life giving force and therefore producing death). How does a Holy God deal with this situation?

It's not a matter of just changing the rules or calling time out. He loved us enough to send someone to live that perfect life for us, so he sent Himself. Instead of God punishing mankind for everything we've done in this world, He took that punishment and placed it on His Son, and asked we only accept His payment for our sins. And since sin entered through the flesh, then sin had to be atoned for through the flesh.

Imagine-
You've committed a heinous crime, and you're brought before the judge. When you get to the court you recognize the judge is a friend of yours, and you suspect he may grant you a pass. But the judge is called to uphold the law and is put in a very bad situation, because he doesn't want to send you to the gas chamber, but he can't stamp innocent. So he brings down the gavel, declares you guilty, sentences you to eternity in jail, comes down from the bench, takes off his robe, and says I'll serve your sentence.

Now the cross was important, (as someone already mentioned) because that same judge can't just pick His punishment and say, "I'd like house arrest." He has to suffer as though it were his crime.

Back to the transgression-
Sin accomplished alot in our lives: Sickness, poverty, war, murder, selfishness, you name it; and through Christ that Spirit is not only redeemed, but given it's life power back/connection to God, and therefore allows a born again believer access to to all the blessings of God and eliminates the curse. If we can accept that through one man sin entered into this world and we were born sinners, then we then can accept through one man's atonement we were born righteous.

Someone mentioned the Gospel "good news"; and that simply is referring to the method by which we receive salvation and anything else we seek from God. We accept it through faith in Jesus, by grace- a gift from God, not of works- lest any man should boast.

Last but not least is the resurrection! There's so much to be said about this, but going back to my scenario-

Imagine your crime has been paid for, and yet someone wants to convict you of something else; better yet, they want to claim you never paid for your previous crime. How would you explain yourself? Well, you point them to that judge, who is there to profess your redemption and enforce his payment everyday for the rest of eternity.

The resurrection is so much more than this scenario could represent, but it illustrates everything I would to unbeliever seeking salvation. Jesus' death on the cross reconciled us back unto God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums