BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Bible (that's God's Word for those of you who have no clue)
That's a bit of a stretch, the people who believe in the Christian God say that the bible was written by God because that's how they want it to be, it takes the pressure off them for believing what men wrote, living with God is simply living with yourself, God guiding you is you guiding yourself and telling yourself that it's God guiding you, your God acts like an outside influence when in fact it's only you doing it for yourself, your God empowers you when in reality it's you empowering yourself.

Religious people have been taught that they are unworthy and need God to take charge of their life, their inner selves then take charge and they tell themselves that it's God doing the heavy lifting when in fact it's themselves, they don't believe it's themselves because they feel they are unworthy and incapable of doing it themselves, it's a never ending circle that goes around and around, every positive is given to God and every negative is their own fault, if it's good it's because of their God if it's bad it's because they failed.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's a bit of a stretch, the people who believe in the Christian God say that the bible was written by God because that's how they want it to be, it takes the pressure off them for believing what men wrote, living with God is simply living with yourself, God guiding you is you guiding yourself and telling yourself that it's God guiding you, your God acts like an outside influence when in fact it's only you doing it for yourself, your God empowers you when in reality it's you empowering yourself.

Religious people have been taught that they are unworthy and need God to take charge of their life, their inner selves then take charge and they tell themselves that it's God doing the heavy lifting when in fact it's themselves, they don't believe it's themselves because they feel they are unworthy and incapable of doing it themselves, it's a never ending circle that goes around and around, every positive is given to God and every negative is their own fault, if it's good it's because of their God if it's bad it's because they failed.
What about a Christian who actually experience the power of God in my life. Maybe all that nonsense you wrote is just you trying to convince yourself that God doesn't exist.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
When you have nothing to offer, add, or clarify, it's better not to insist upon writing a little something extra just to have the last word.
Like you just did?

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I would ask the obvious question, how did you know it was a God?
I know when I trusted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior I felt his presence in my life from that day forward.
It's the same when I was a child my mother told me not to play with plug-ins or I get shocked by electricity. I didn't listen and discovered what electricity felt like. Now you may question me how did I know it was electricity since it could be just in my head.

Upvote 0

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I know when I trusted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior I felt his presence in my life from that day forward.
It's the same when I was a child my mother told me not to play with plug-ins or I get shocked by electricity. I didn't listen and discovered what electricity felt like. Now you may question me how did I know it was electricity since it could be just in my head.
Hardly, there is a big difference between electricity and an imaginary God but if you don't think there is then so be it.

When you feel guilt or frightened or happy or sad or love or hate that's not a God doing that is it? what does a God feel like?
do you have to decide to trust God before you feel anything or can you feel something without trusting a God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe in an imaginary god. I believed in electricity when I felt it and the same with God.
If it's not imaginary where is it?
I asked what does a God feel like and how would I know it was a God?
If you can't explain it don't worry because it's not important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chandraclaws

May 25, 2015
✟3,897.00
Faith
Christian
When you have nothing to offer, add, or clarify, it's better not to insist upon writing a little something extra just to have the last word.

Sometimes less is more. Really, the last word? I wonder if you could possibly be projecting your own feelings and intentions onto me o_O. You know the scripture, "By their fruits you will know them...". The NLT says "Yes, just as you can identify a tree by it's fruit, so you can identify people by their actions" (Matthew 7:20).

Our priorities give us away. The 2016 Republican budget, for example, proposes drastic cuts to any program that provides help for the poor (especially children), the disabled, elderly, sick, the desperate, and those without heat in the winter, or even a place to live. They do this to free up funds to give away as "corporate welfare" and tax cuts to the superwealthy who finance their political campaigns, and who already pay little or no tax. These are the "actions" or ''fruit" I'm talking about. Unless we are very rich, we will still be paying taxes. If we have a choice of where the money goes, as a Christian, I vote for the hungry kids.

Just to clarify: If you don't like or understand what I say, that means I have nothing to offer?

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes less is more. Really, the last word? I wonder if you could possibly be projecting your own feelings and intentions onto me o_O. You know the scripture, "By their fruits you will know them...". The NLT says "Yes, just as you can identify a tree by it's fruit, so you can identify people by their actions" (Matthew 7:20).

Our priorities give us away. The 2016 Republican budget, for example, proposes drastic cuts to any program that provides help for the poor (especially children), the disabled, elderly, sick, the desperate, and those without heat in the winter, or even a place to live. They do this to free up funds to give away as "corporate welfare" and tax cuts to the superwealthy who finance their political campaigns, and who already pay little or no tax. These are the "actions" or ''fruit" I'm talking about. Unless we are very rich, we will still be paying taxes. If we have a choice of where the money goes, as a Christian, I vote for the hungry kids.

Just to clarify: If you don't like or understand what I say, that means I have nothing to offer?

The fruit being measured by how much people support government programs?

Really?

Upvote 0

chandraclaws

May 25, 2015
✟3,897.00
Faith
Christian
The fruit being measured by how much people support government programs?

Really?
By how little regard and compassion people have for each other, the incapacity or unwillingness to care about anything beyond the edge of their (our) own skin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As has been said here many many times, Americans are their own worst enemies, they bring every bad thing that happens to them on themselves, when will they learn that making and keeping their population ignorant is not the way to go?

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If it's not imaginary where is it?
I asked what does a God feel like and how would I know it was a God?
If you can't explain it don't worry because it's not important.
There are those who grow up as a "christian" but when they get old enough to really question their faith they become an atheist. They faith in God was no more than a child's faith in Santa Claus. So they assume that others just haven't questioned their faith enough or they would be like them but I have questioned and tested by faith (cognitive faculties) to see if it hold up though the years.I don't totally depend on "feelings" but also logic, Bible, prayer and experiences backing my faith.

When I examined atheism I find it's self-refuting so I wonder how many atheist actually have used their own skepticism on their own views. I noticed Charles Darwin was skeptical about man's understanding of God (questioning our cognitive faculties) but failed to used the same skepticism on his belief in naturalism.

Upvote 0

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There are those who grow up as a "christian" but when they get old enough to really question their faith they become an atheist. They faith in God was no more than a child's faith in Santa Claus. So they assume that others just haven't questioned their faith enough or they would be like them but I have questioned and tested by faith (cognitive faculties) to see if it hold up though the years.I don't totally depend on "feelings" but also logic, Bible, prayer and experiences backing my faith.
You still call it faith then........ however I have lost interest.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You still call it faith then........ however I have lost interest.
Scriptural "faith" is not often what atheist try to claim it is. The "new" atheist speak faith as in a "leap of faith" which is not found in scriptures. The greek word used which is translated for "faith" means "trust".

Upvote 0