BBQ Heaven: Texas, USA
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TheBear said:
Stop playing these games.

Regardless of what members of a message board say, you need to know the reality of things. In the labs, in the universities and in the research centers, "bringing up God" is not part of the equation, ever. Period. End of story.

Got it?
Well I cannot argue with you. This is my point. God is never brought up in scientific circles. Evolutionary science presupposes that there is no God, and our natural world was created only by natural selection and random mutations. So the question is how do theistic evolutionists claim to know Jesus on the one hand, and yet on the other hand believe in and/or engage in scientific pursuits that by default say that there is no God. It proves my point to a tee. Thank you! :clap:

Upvote 0

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cassandra said:
I saw some baboons today. They weren't jumping up and down though. They were just sitting around, picking stuff off of each other. There were little babies (is there a name for baby baboons?) who were chasing each other...but still no jumping.

Maybe every profession should presuppose God having a hand in things. Like Electrians. Say there's a black out. Electrical failure? Something wrong with the wiring? Power surge? I don't think so! It was God. Remember, God made day and night, so turning off the lights is small potatoes for him.
Well it is a scientific fact that babboons jump up and down. :p

Your argument is a common one. However, in MANY places in the Bible God tells us that He created the universe and the human race directly and instantaneously. Not just Genesis, but the New Testament as well. Evolution theory is not electricity. It is about the same notions of origins and complexity that we see in the Bible. While there is no mention of electricity in the Bible, there IS alot said about origins and complexity.

Upvote 0

AnEmpiricalAgnostic

Agnostic by Fact, Atheist by Epiphany
May 25, 2005
South Florida
Visit site
✟18,986.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
SackLunch said:
Does anyone here have a valid, substantial remark in regards to the OP?
People ony feel compelled to offer valid, substantial remarks to Ops that are themselves valid and substantial. Your OP, like the last 20, fails miserably in both regards.

Upvote 0

D McCloud

Veteran
Aug 17, 2004
Minnesota
✟2,188.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
SackLunch said:
Would it be a return to the dark ages if modern evolutionary scientists simply viewed their scientific pursuits through the lens that God exists? That we are still free to study nature via the scientific method, yet acknowledging God's creative hand in our natural world? That would not be the dark ages...it would simply be acknowledging our Creator for His creation and studying the world through that lens.

Ok if for some reason unbeknowst to me scientist included the supernatural in their naturalistic studies of science, which god should they acknowledge as the creator, and would they know if they were correct? Perhaps they should acknowledge one of the Hindu religions 33 million gods, or some greek gods, mabey even some Egyptian gods.

EVOLUTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD. SCIENCE STUDIES THAT WHICH IS NATURAL (OR OBERSVABLE), YOU SPOT GOD IN THE NATURAL UNIVIERSE, YOU LET US KNOW.

Upvote 0

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AnEmpiricalAgnostic said:
People ony feel compelled to offer valid, substantial remarks to Ops that are themselves valid and substantial. Your OP, like the last 20, fails miserably in both regards.

So basically you would like this board to be filled solely with evolutionists with whom you agree?

Upvote 0

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
D McCloud said:
Ok if for some reason unbeknowst to me scientist included the supernatural in their naturalistic studies of science, which god should they acknowledge as the creator, and would they know if they were correct? Perhaps they should acknowledge one of the Hindu religions 33 million gods, or some greek gods, mabey even some Egyptian gods.

EVOLUTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD. SCIENCE STUDIES THAT WHICH IS NATURAL (OR OBERSVABLE), YOU SPOT GOD IN THE NATURAL UNIVIERSE, YOU LET US KNOW.
Your argument runs contrary to many of the responses I've received on the subject. I have said that evolutionary sciences presupposes that God does not exist, and many here have disagreed with me on that. They have said that I'm wrong, and that many evolutionary scientists DO presuppose that God exists. So which is it? And how can you explain this contradiction?

Upvote 0

Natro

Agnostic Atheist
Nov 16, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟12,143.00
Faith
Atheist
SackLunch said:
Your argument runs contrary to many of the responses I've received on the subject. I have said that evolutionary sciences presupposes that God does not exist, and many here have disagreed with me on that. They have said that I'm wrong, and that many evolutionary scientists DO presuppose that God exists. So which is it? And how can you explain this contradiction?
SackLuck "does not take into consideration" and "does not exist" are two different things.

Upvote 0

D McCloud

Veteran
Aug 17, 2004
Minnesota
✟2,188.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
SackLunch said:

Evolution doesn't presuppose that god doesn't exist because the science has nothing to do with god, and doesn't deny or confirm his existence. NO CONTRADICTION. Why don't you try comprehending what you read.

By the way you neglected to answer the first portion of my response.

D McCloud said:
Ok if for some reason unbeknowst to me scientist included the supernatural in their naturalistic studies of science, which god should they acknowledge as the creator, and how would they know if they were correct? Perhaps they should acknowledge one of the Hindu religions 33 million gods, or some greek gods, mabey even some Egyptian gods.

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
SackLunch said:
While there is no mention of electricity in the Bible, there IS alot said about origins and complexity.
Is that right?

Outside of; dust-poof, rib-poof, soul-poof, free will; what does the Bible say about origins and complexity?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
G

GoSeminoles!

SackLunch said:
So the question is how do theistic evolutionists claim to know Jesus on the one hand, and yet on the other hand believe in and/or engage in scientific pursuits that by default say that there is no God.

Because TEs have the intellectual ability, common in most people, to know the difference between a conclusion drawn strictly from scientific knowledge and a theological/philosophical position extrapolated from scientific knowledge.

OKAY: "Science shows that life and the universe are complex. I believe that a divine Creator is ultimately responsible for these observations."

NOT OKAY: "Science has proven a divine Creator is responsible for life and the universe."

The first statement takes current scientific knowledge and uses it to shape the person's theological position. The second statement extrapolates inappropriately.

And of course, Wheaton College, Notre Dame University, and Boston College are all top Christian/Catholic universities. All of them feature evolution prominently in their biology curriculum. Why is that?

Upvote 0

MadMansRebuke

The Triple Neo Company
Aug 27, 2005
In New Zealand, mostly
✟197.00
Faith
Pantheist
Science is agnostic, it's as simple as that. Scientists who contribute to Science are Atheists, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc. But Science is Agnostic, and it has to be to remain inclusive of Atheists, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc.

Unfortunately, inclusiveness is not a word that computes in the Fundamentalists' English vocabulary. For them, it's six days or bust.

Upvote 0

FSTDT

Yahweh
Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
✟1,390.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
SackLunch said:
Evolutionary science presupposes that there is no God,
You are either trolling or being consciously dishonest. Please stop.

Here is the real world:
Theistic evolutionists believe that God reveals himself through his creation (Rom 1:20), and that his creation just so happens to be revealed as change over time. The reason they find this useful is due to the fact that science tells us how things happen, and religion tells us why they happen.

Science has nothing to say about God because "God" offers no testable predictions. Unless you are a troll, there is no reason why you need to be told these things 30 or 40 times.

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
SackLunch said:
First, the theory of evolution presupposes there is no God.

And people wonder why Late_Cretaceous made that thread about how debating with Creationists is pushing him towards atheism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
SackLunch said:
First, the theory of evolution presupposes there is no God.
SackLunch said:
The fact is, evolutionary scientists get all angry and defensive when the topic of God comes up.
SackLunch said:
God is never brought up in scientific circles.

I'll let the readers of this thread judge for themselves. :)

Upvote 0
C

Cassandra

SackLunch said:
Well it is a scientific fact that babboons jump up and down. :p

Not the ones I saw. The Colobus monkeys I saw did a lot of jumping. Maybe you could say that scientist jump up and down like Colobus monkeys? Actually...they jumped from tree to tree...not up and down... :sigh:

It is about the same notions of origins and complexity that we see in the Bible. While there is no mention of electricity in the Bible, there IS alot said about origins and complexity.

You're going to have to expand on this, my friend.

And you do know that evolutionary theory makes no comment on origins, right?

Upvote 0