Why The Obsession With Jehovah's Witnesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Frankly I have a hard time understanding why there are a few out there that are so obsessed with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Why devote so much time and energy on them, their God, and his ways?

Why the constant fault finding?

Hardly ever, is there anything at all positive said.

Wouldn't you rather enjoy spending your time and energy on the Christian Scientists, Russian Orthodox, Scientologists, or the new movement of homosexual accepting protestant churches?

Perhaps I can see, coming along and posting a few questions and getting a viewpoint,.....but then it goes on and on and on and on.
I just wonder.......what is with this? Most people that I know personally do not obsess like this.

Is there a name for this disorder?

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Why are J.W's so obsessed with making unsolicited calls on people who would often rather be having their teeth pulled, than talk to you?

Seriously. Why do YOU bother? I know Jesus, i'm fascinated that you could have the arrogance to presume that i don't. that's precisely what i find so fascinating, well that, and also having lived in a cult for three years of my life...and seeing very many similarities. (sorry, but i'm being truthful)

Thanks to the way that the majority of respondents have behaved in the threads that i have begun here, i now believe that it is impossible to have a mature discussion with any of you and without any of you becoming antagonistic towards me the instant that i disagree and refute your claims.

Upvote 0

LogicalFallacy

!!!Lawns 'R' Us!!!
May 21, 2004
✟15,460.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
ukok said:
Why are J.W's so obsessed with making unsolicited calls on people who would often rather be having their teeth pulled, than talk to you?

Seriously. Why do YOU bother? I know Jesus, i'm fascinated that you could have the arrogance to presume that i don't. that's precisely what i find so fascinating, well that, and also having lived in a cult for three years of my life...and seeing very many similarities. (sorry, but i'm being truthful)

Thanks to the way that the majority of respondents have behaved in the threads that i have begun here, i now believe that it is impossible to have a mature discussion with any of you and without any of you becoming antagonistic towards me the instant that i disagree and refute your claims.
Did you read you own post when you were typing it?

Upvote 0

Bugmotel

KnightoftheLionofJudah
Feb 16, 2004
California
✟284.00
Faith
Christian
lared said:
Frankly I have a hard time understanding why there are a few out there that are so obsessed with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Wouldn't you rather enjoy spending your time and energy on the Christian Scientists, Russian Orthodox, Scientologists, or the new movement of homosexual accepting protestant churches?

Perhaps I can see, coming along and posting a few questions and getting a viewpoint,.....but then it goes on and on and on and on.
I just wonder.......what is with this? Most people that I know personally do not obsess like this.

Translation: Leave us alone and dont pick apart my religion. Go over to someone else and bother them. Stop trying to confuse me with the Truth.

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
ukok said:

Seriously. Why do YOU bother? I know Jesus, i'm fascinated that you could have the arrogance to presume that i don't.
The same reason why Noah who was known as 'a preacher of righteousness' made unsolicited calls on people.

Armageddon is coming.

Glad you know Jesus. Now you have an opportunity to know Jehovah. As Jesus said in his prayer to his heavenly Father at John 17:3: "This means everlasting life, their knowing you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ."

Also, we really don't know who is behind the door, or on the other end of the telephone line, or who the person is waiting for the bus at the corner. Witnesses are not prejudice and are glad to approach all people. This also highlights our God Jehovah's quality of justice. He is impartial and we strive to be the same.

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lared said:
The same reason why Noah who was known as 'a preacher of righteousness' made unsolicited calls on people.

Armageddon is coming.

Glad you know Jesus. Now you have an opportunity to know Jehovah. As Jesus said in his prayer to his heavenly Father at John 17:3: "This means everlasting life, their knowing you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ."

Also, we really don't know who is behind the door, or on the other end of the telephone line, or who the person is waiting for the bus at the corner. Witnesses are not prejudice and are glad to approach all people. This also highlights our God Jehovah's quality of justice. He is impartial and we strive to be the same.
We do already Know God by knowing Jesus for He is God......
The Father is God
The Son is God
The Holy Spirit is God
And they are ONE

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
lared said:

Armageddon is coming.

Personally, I'd rather know the Mormon version of God than the WTS form of God. At least I can control my own civilizations after I die.....

But.. I already found my God in the Bible.. :yawn:

Upvote 0

Toms777

Contributor
Nov 14, 2003
Citizen of Heaven, currently living in the world,
Visit site
✟14,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lared said:

It is called "evangelism", and was inspired by the Bible.

Mark 16:15-17
15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
NKJV

Ezek 33:1-9
33:1 Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2 "Son of man, speak to the children of your people, and say to them: 'When I bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from their territory and make him their watchman, 3 when he sees the sword coming upon the land, if he blows the trumpet and warns the people, 4 then whoever hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, if the sword comes and takes him away, his blood shall be on his own head. 5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, but did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. But he who takes warning will save his life. 6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand.'
7 "So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. 8 When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you shall surely die!' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
NKJV

God commanded it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lared said:

First of all since I am one of the few you are talking about about, actually the only one you are talking about, I would like to ask you a question? Is your ego that inflated that you actually believe that the JWs and posting with you is the only thing that I actually do around here? Come on, look at my post count and I have been a member since 11/03....I am very active here....Next that is exactly the point....your God and your ways ....not the God because their is only ONE God...and He has many followers....and you take on the role of the Lord in convicting them by judging them all, in saying they are not Christian and that only you are....Truth is you have no idea who is going to be in the Book of Life nad who is not, you have only the Hope that you will be...as the rest of us...

Give me something positive to say and I will...Please...do you really think that I like pointing out faults.....We are talking about things that are differences, if we were talking about the similarities then it would be a different story....As far as the negative comments goes, then I would appreciate if you would look in the mirror before you accuse others of this, you too, have made several comments about Christianity ans especially Catholicism which are very negative....all of which were finding fault....
I don't enjoy doing this, you make this sound like a sport...That is sick....And if you took the time to go through my posts you would see that I have taken on the issues....I have taken on the abortion issue and the Homosexual issue, I am proactive no only with you but with anyone that I believe is wrong....and that includes my own Brethren at times....as my friend said last night I am an equal opportunity activist for the Lord....
Maybe this would be because you do not answer the questions asked at times....and then when you do you expect us to just accept your answers....umm, NO, we do not have to blindly accept your answers, I am sorry....This is not a question and answer forum....there are forums on this board designed that way but this is not one of them this is a debate forum....
Main Entry: 2debate
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): de·bat·ed; de·bat·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French debatre, from Old French, from de- + batre to beat, from Latin battuere
intransitive senses
1 obsolete : [size=-1]FIGHT[/size], [size=-1]CONTEND[/size]
2 a : to contend in words b : to discuss a question by considering opposed arguments
3 : to participate in a debate
transitive senses
1 a : to argue about b : to engage (an opponent) in debate
2 : to turn over in one's mind

So, if we are in a debate forum then what we do is present both sides and engage in disscussion and argument and further argument and further discussion over the relevant points that come out of that debate....here we have what is called formal debate and then informal debate...These forums are informal debate forums....There is also a formal debate forum that has tighter rules to it....

So you wonder why others here and I when entering into a discussion and a debate with you of which we are asking specific questions and you are not answering them, in fact, most of the time you are avoiding them like the plagued are getting fustrated....Because you can't sit there and pick and choose what you want to answer and what you don't want to answer with out loosing credibility. If you said to us well we don't know that would have been a better answer then nothing at all and you wouldn't lose credibility...

And you are in a forum that is designed to put forth unorthodox theological beliefs. This forum was designed so that we could as Christians debate them with you....Now the choice is yours, you don't have to post here....you are choosing to post here....so then follow the rules and expectations of the forum or this feeling that you have that you are being targetted will continue. The reason, no one is getting the answers they want, so they will continue to ask, for one and for two why should we as Christian Members of this forum be expected to provide back up for everything but you who are non-Christian guest members of this forum not be required to do the same?

In Christ
Debi

Upvote 0

ByGrace

Jul 18, 2003
Salt Lake City
✟1,928.00
Faith
Christian
lared said:

Are you saying that Christians should not spend time showing the problems with cults that try and twist the truths of God and in the process lead souls to hell? No, I think you are wrong.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, my interest in JW is an interest in all religion.
I believe in Christianity. Period. I am also intrigued by things that do not follow the Bible...by other religions that are so new and trendy that they feel more like a new kind of jeans than a religion...and by ones very old and which have many good people in them...but I didnt want to impose a new thread for my questions, and there was a "Questions for JW's" thread. So I posted my question.:confused: :blush:

Upvote 0

Toms777

Contributor
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
✟14,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ByGrace said:
Are you saying that Christians should not spend time showing the problems with cults that try and twist the truths of God and in the process lead souls to hell? No, I think you are wrong.
Ez 33 is quite clear that we have an obligation to share the truth of the gospel with those who are in cults....and indeed share the truth with brother's in Christ who are in error.

Ezek 33:7-9
7 "So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. 8 When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you shall surely die!' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
NKJV

Upvote 0

zeontes

May 2, 2004
✟574.00
Faith
Cult, seems like this is a four letter word for a belief different from your own. Jesus was a cult leader according to the Jews at the time. The Biblical term is sect, but it means cult.

I think if we come to this board in the unorthodox section we should refrain from the name calling. The implication is that the JW's are cultists, I think the same is true of many Fundamentalist Baptists, but that is why I feel like this should be a "name-free" zone.

Ideas about doctrines and beliefs should be shared, compared, and debated. It shuts down the dialog when names are called. IMHO

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Toms777

Contributor
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
✟14,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
zeontes said:
Cult, seems like this is a four letter word for a belief different from your own. Jesus was a cult leader according to the Jews at the time. The Biblical term is sect, but it means cult.

I think if we come to this board in the unorthodox section we should refrain from the name calling. The implication is that the JW's are cultists, I think the same is true of many Fundamentalist Baptists, but that is why I feel like this should be a "name-free" zone.

Ideas about doctrines and beliefs should be shared, compared, and debated. It shuts down the dialog when names are called. IMHO
Call it as you wish, but JW teaching is contrary to sound Christian/Biblical teaching in a number of essentials. For instance, Jesus says that you must be born again, but JWs avoid being born again.

Upvote 0

zeontes

May 2, 2004
✟574.00
Faith
Are you saying that JW's do not confess Jesus as Lord and believe that God raised him from the dead?

ROM 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

ROM 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

You have confused me on how someone avoids a gift from God.

Upvote 0

Amatsyahu

May 26, 2004
✟154.00
Faith
ByGrace said:
Ezekiel 18:4
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die

Upvote 0

mawuvi

theGuide
May 12, 2004
London
✟1,523.00
Faith
Careful Amatsyahu LOL,

I posted that same information on a so called Christian forum called "worthy boards" recently about the soul dying and therefore nobody dies and goes to heaven or a torture place called hell and they banned me without hesitation for using the Bible.

Maybe this place might be different

Upvote 0

LogicalFallacy

!!!Lawns 'R' Us!!!
May 21, 2004
✟15,460.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
mawuvi said:
Careful Amatsyahu LOL,

I posted that same information on a so called Christian forum called "worthy boards" recently about the soul dying and therefore nobody dies and goes to heaven or a torture place called hell and they banned me without hesitation for using the Bible.

Maybe this place might be different
From what i've seen, I don't think so!!! :mad:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.