woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's easy to find ourselves looking for faults in others. Whether it be manifested in the form of complaining about something that someone has said, or by putting up a thread to challenge certain people on matters that should have been dealt with in private, so many try to rake others over the coals, as if to suggest that they really don't have the other person's best interest at heart, but would soon bask in the opportunity to destroy that person's character, or reputation.

What good comes out of this?

Does it truly serve to bring others closer to Christ, or to merely bring them under close scrutiny to suffice the need to silence one's carnal curiosity?

We are free to do whatever we will, but not without consequence. Therefore, whatever we do we should do it to the glory of God. And what this simply means is that we ought to speak to others in a way that merits God's favor. That is, our works should bear the stamp of God's approval.

There will be times when God moves us to speak to others more directly about their sins; but we must be able to recognize the difference between a message that is borne of the Holy Spirit, as opposed to one that is self-centered.

Many assume that they are speaking for God when in fact they are merely attempting to appease personal guilt. In other words, they try to lessen the severity of their sins by pointing them out in others. Of course, they don't realize that they are doing this, but that is only because they don't spend much time in prayer before speaking.

Words that are of the Spirit however, will move a person to speak in order to awaken the conscience of one for whom such words have been appointed, to bring it back into connection to the mind of Christ, so that the life that it gives rise to will go on to bear much fruit in the name of Jesus Christ. Such words are filled with grace and truth.

Either we are for Christ, or we are servants of the Evil One. If we are for Christ we will seek to walk even as He walked, not merely as one who looks for opportunities to tear things down, but as one who also seeks to build things back up again. As for the work of the Evil One, he merely seeks to tear things down, and produce things that will aid him in accomplishing his work with greater rapidity.

Let's not allow ourselves to be the means whereby Satan is able to accomplish his work with greater force, but to become vessels through which God is able to channel His righteousness for the purpose of building up those things that Satan would soon seek to destroy.

"For though walking about in flesh, we do not war according to flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ; and having readiness to avenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled."(2Co 10:3-6)

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Rom 12:21)

Reactions: Lisa0315

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BS,

Your post does not conform to the rules of this forum. I seriously doubt that you understand the meaning of peace by which you end your post. You will do well to search your heart concerning your motivation for attacking someone's beliefs in a fellowship thread. There are debate threads where you can do this.

Reactions: woobadooba
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As we can see, some will take a message that rings true with love, and accept it with a hearty Amen! Yet, others will merely seek to use it as a means to try to condemn the one who spoke it, while missing the point entirely.

If my words are false, and there is a need to condemn, then please show me where I am in error. If one wants to look for error, while not being able to find it, it is better for that person to keep silent.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Woob has our support. We are multi-denominational here and many have dual memberships. There are many doctrines that we will not agree about. However, it does not mean that each of us does not love and respect the other.

One of these days, perhaps, we can go into Debate and discuss some of our doctrinal differences. However, I am all for peaceful getting to know one another for right now.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thread Reopened. Please confine posts to fellowship only since this is in the Fellowship area. If the OP would like this become a debate, then, please request that this be moved to the Debate area. If that occurs, then, please follow the rules for the debate area. IOW, attack the post not the poster.

Thanks! :hug:

Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums