Why The Bible Says I Can't Belive Jesus is God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟329,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There have been many opportunities for God to make it clear to me in my spirit and soul that his son he sent Jesus Christ was indeed God. He has never done it. So it does not seem he wants me to believe Jesus is God because I will tell you now I am more than willing to believe Jesus is God, but God has not done anything to make it clear through my conscience or his word that Jesus is God. God I come to you in great sincerity, if the son you sent is indeed God make it be known to me in my heart and soul Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: Slytherina
Upvote 0

brianbe

Dec 20, 2015
earth
✟1,671.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, coarse I do inquisitor, the divine creator Son incarnate on earth and now in his rightful place on high having been given all power in heaven and on earth.
Please give me the scripture where it is stated
Jesus is the divine creator Son incarnate?

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟329,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
actually he did,

Philippians 2:5-11
1 Corinthians 8:5-6

None of those are explicit at all. Philippians as you quote says "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God" What does he mean by form? What does the greek word morphe mean? This is highly contested even today because trinitarians want it to mean inner essential being, but it really is in reference to outward appearance.

After saying that Christ was in the form of God, Philippians 2:6 goes on to say that Christ “did not consider equality with God something to be grasped” (NIV). This phrase is a powerful argument against the Trinity. If Jesus were God, then it would make no sense at all to say that he did not “grasp” at equality with God because no one grasps at equality with himself. It only makes sense to compliment someone for not seeking equality when he is not equal. Some Trinitarians say, “Well, he was not grasping for equality with the Father.” That is not what the verse says. It says Christ did not grasp at equality with God, which makes the verse nonsense if he were God.

• Agree
Upvote 0

brianbe

Dec 20, 2015
earth
✟1,671.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As you can see just by this thread
people make up things. They change the wording of scripture. They say things that are just not recorded in the bible.

And even after they
have posted their own words
they will deny it to you
that what they said is not what they said.

Upvote 0

brianbe

Dec 20, 2015
earth
✟1,671.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not believe
the Father the Son
and the Holy Ghost is God.

I believe they are one as it is written.

If they were God then it would be written

The Father the Son and the Holy Ghost is God.

Or at least it would be written

The Father the Son and the Holy Ghost
are one God.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
None of those are explicit at all. Philippians as you quote says "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God" What does he mean by form? What does the greek word morphe mean? This is highly contested even today because trinitarians want it to mean inner essential being, but it really is in reference to outward appearance.

After saying that Christ was in the form of God, Philippians 2:6 goes on to say that Christ “did not consider equality with God something to be grasped” (NIV). This phrase is a powerful argument against the Trinity. If Jesus were God, then it would make no sense at all to say that he did not “grasp” at equality with God because no one grasps at equality with himself. It only makes sense to compliment someone for not seeking equality when he is not equal. Some Trinitarians say, “Well, he was not grasping for equality with the Father.” That is not what the verse says. It says Christ did not grasp at equality with God, which makes the verse nonsense if he were God.

the NIV verse you quoted before what you quoted says "being in very nature God". the rest of the passage explains how Jesus did not seek to hold onto this position and humbled himself to become a man. the NKJV has him as being equal to God, therefore the context of Jesus' 'form' was that he was equal to God.

the term 'God' in the NT can refer to the Father or the whole triune Godhead, depending on the context.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟329,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the NIV verse you quoted before what you quoted says "being in very nature God". the rest of the passage explains how Jesus did not seek to hold onto this position and humbled himself to become a man. the NKJV has him as being equal to God, therefore the context of Jesus' 'form' was that he was equal to God.

the term 'God' in the NT can refer to the Father or the whole triune Godhead, depending on the context.

The NIV is a translation with a trinitarian bias, you need to look at the actual greek and make a decision based off of that, not based off of people who make the decision for you.

Also explain this

If Jesus were God, then it would make no sense at all to say that he did not “grasp” at equality with God because no one grasps at equality with himself. It only makes sense to compliment someone for not seeking equality when he is not equal.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I do not believe
the Father the Son
and the Holy Ghost is God.

I believe they are one as it is written.

If they were God then it would be written

The Father the Son and the Holy Ghost is God.

Or at least it would be written

The Father the Son and the Holy Ghost
are one God.
you're only demonstrating that you don't understand the doctrine of the trinity and are arguing against a straw-man. Trinitarians do not believe in 3 separate Gods.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The NIV is a translation with a trinitarian bias, you need to look at the actual greek and make a decision based off of that, not based off of people who make the decision for you.

yet you quoted it to be an argument against the trinity.

If Jesus were God, then it would make no sense at all to say that he did not “grasp” at equality with God because no one grasps at equality with himself. It only makes sense to compliment someone for not seeking equality when he is not equal.

again, he didn't seek to hold on to the equality he had in humbling himself.

Upvote 0

brianbe

Dec 20, 2015
earth
✟1,671.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you're only demonstrating that you don't understand the doctrine of the trinity and are arguing against a straw-man. Trinitarians do not believe in 3 separate Gods.
Thank you for your reply.
I am glad you are a bible expert.
Please explain to me how
the Word was made flesh but
yet bear record in heaven at the same time
Jesus is on earth?

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven,
the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Upvote 0

Slytherina

Marchioness of Heaven
Apr 14, 2017
Canada
✟1,869.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're right @ImAllLikeOkWaitWhat . The translation that I've read, Was changed by trinitarians. So, Just as few pages ago, I'm back to my belief that this doctrine isn't real. You've proved it in your last post. He isn't equal with God.

I was only decieved for a while, By that edited verse. Thanks for showing me this one again. If Jesus isn't equal to God, Then he's not a God and there's no Trinity.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟329,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
again, he didn't seek to hold on to the equality he had in humbling himself.

How does this refute the fact that if Jesus was indeed God as you believe, why is paul complimenting Jesus by saying as you think he is saying that Jesus did not hold on to equality with himself. That is a meaningless statement for someone to not seek being equal to themselves, it does mean something if he is saying jesus did not seek equality with something that he is not.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Where in the new testament is it stated
Jesus is the divine creator Son incarnate?
The entire New Testament. Where in the New Testament does it say Jesus is not divine? Even the enemies of Jesus understood his references to his divinity: The Jewish leaders replied, “We have a law, and according to our law he ought to die, because he claimed to be the Son of God!” (John 19:7)

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was a man.
Jesus was the son of man.

How do you explain this to me?

How can I believe
just the exact opposite of this scripture?
Please help me?

When Jesus is called the Son of Man, it doesn't just refer to the fact that He was a man, it also speaks to His divinity:

Daniel 7

“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

This is who Jesus is, the all powerful creator God who came to Earth in the form of a man. He was no mere man; He was God in the flesh. He accomplished His decease and ascended to Heaven, and is worshiped by the whole creation.

Do you see a similarity in Daniel 7 to this passage?

Revelation 5

And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals. Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?” And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it.

So I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open and read the scroll, or to look at it. But one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals.”

And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth. Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.

Worthy Is the Lamb
Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And we shall reign on the earth.”
Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice:

“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
To receive power and riches and wisdom,
And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”
And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

“Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”
Then the four living creatures said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped Him who lives forever and ever.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am glad you are a bible expert.
Please explain to me how
the Word was made flesh but
yet bear record in heaven at the same time
Jesus is on earth?

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven,
the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

i'm honestly not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟329,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're right @ImAllLikeOkWaitWhat . The translation that I've read, Was changed by trinitarians. So, Just as few pages ago, I'm back to my belief that this doctrine isn't real. You've proved it in your last post. He isn't equal with God.

I was only decieved for a while, By that edited verse. Thanks for showing me this one again. If Jesus isn't equal to God, Then he's not a God and there's no Trinity.

Good to hear. Heres the thing I have no incentive or any desire at all to believe Jesus is God or Jesus is not God. It benefits me nothing to believe he is God or to believe he is not God. The only benefit I could get from any of those beliefs is if what I believe in is true. That is all I am after. The fact is Jesus being God is not in any way necessary for being a Christian or even for salvation.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brianbe

Dec 20, 2015
earth
✟1,671.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The entire New Testament. Where in the New Testament does it say Jesus is not divine? Even the enemies of Jesus understood his references to his divinity: The Jewish leaders replied, “We have a law, and according to our law he ought to die, because he claimed to be the Son of God!” (John 19:7)
Where in the new testament is it stated
Jesus is the creator Son incarnate?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.