Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Why do you think some have no problem believing God created the creation without evolution being needed?

And, why do you think some find themselves unable to?
Partly, upbringing. One learns whatever degree of trust in the scientific community from family, teachers and other connections, before they learn to judge the scientific community's claims.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do you think some have no problem believing God created the creation without evolution being needed?

Whatever you do, do it in faith. I am a TE. But the first 20 or so years of my walk I was a YE. I just find the TE more realistic and in tune with the nature of God and creation as we see it.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whatever you do, do it in faith. I am a TE. But the first 20 or so years of my walk I was a YE. I just find the TE more realistic and in tune with the nature of God and creation as we see it.

In my opinion.. YE and TE are two sides of the same wooden nickel.

For the earth is much older than YE is able/willing to discern.
And, TE took what YE failed to see and created its own scenario.

Neither one knows what to do with the other. Because, neither one sees their own errors, but only can see error of the other.
The two opposing sides have become like a cosmic perpetual motion machine. With no resolve in sight.

grace and peace ...............

Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Personal bias, upbringing/culture, and peer pressure. Genetics may play a certain part in the way people think as well.

Although we grew up in the same house and had the same experiences, my brother is agnostic, but he has a different father than me. (He was from mom's first relationship; Dad adopted him) My dad saw that my brother loved the things of the world from a very young age. My brother inherited something from his biological father that led him to a more worldly frame of mind and personality. My sister and I, being children of our father, think and act like our father. So I think genetics does play a big part on how individuals respond to Christianity.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Question one and two cannot really be answered truthfully because there are reasons based on many factors. Culture can play a part, People’s belief in God or whether they are an atheist. Some rely only on scientific explanation, and there are some religious groups that teach evolution. So these groups need to be studied for the many reasons for either.

I know someone who say they believe in God and Jesus, but they also believe in reincarnation. Why? How could that be? I never asked the person, but I thought it was strange.

I hope you don’t mind if I share a movie called “God of Wonder” narrated by scientists who explains why evolution could not exist. Wonderful movie and they did a great Job showing the glory of God’s creation.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my opinion.. YE and TE are two sides of the same wooden nickel.

For the earth is much older than YE is able/willing to discern.
And, TE took what YE failed to see and created its own scenario.

Neither one knows what to do with the other. Because, neither one sees their own errors, but only can see error of the other.
The two opposing sides have become like a cosmic perpetual motion machine. With no resolve in sight.

grace and peace ...............
I was on both sides of the argument in my life. The YE proceeded from a lack of knowledge of both what TE teaches and what the Bible teaches. From where I am now, I see very little in TE that can successfully countered. But I am always looking for good information. I have learned that problems just provide us opportunities to get better and more knowledge.

Upvote 0