Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why should I love God?
Please list some good reasons for why I ought to.
Thanks.
Because God is love.
God loved us first so
those who can love will
love God back because
God is love.

Without God, there would NOT be any love.
Love would be an impossibility apart from God.
Love would not exist without God.
Love is God and God is love.

Those who do not love have no love in them because God
is not in them. Even though they are loved they are incapable
of returning the love of God UNLESS....

They repent of their sins and turn to Jesus Christ and then
God will impart His love to them and they will be able to love.

1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another,
for love is of God;
and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

In this the love of God was manifested toward us,
that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world,
that we might live through Him.

In this is love, not that we loved God,
but that He loved us and sent His Son
to be the propitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God so loved us,
we also ought to love one another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

omanid

I'm not perfect; I'm forgiven.
Jan 10, 2012
✟9,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And as a Christian, Christ told Us,

....“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
Luke 10:27

The word "shall" states the future...We don't have a choice; We shall love the Lord our God.

Upvote 0

homeofmew

Master Trainer
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟28,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's hard to love God sometimes with all the crap we go to.
As far as I'm concerned "fearing" him or a "respect for being God" is where I am at.
We also can thank God for the salvation he has offered us. And Thank him for the flowers and the skies and whatever we have. But it's not about all that. There are tests and trials we go through and a bunch of heartache and bad time.

I love GOD saying that in those times? Still one should always respect and Honor God for what he has already DONE. Not what is going on or what is going to happen.

Despite the fact he promises great things for Christians - sometimes that don't come to the next life.

Upvote 0

Patroklos

God is wrath
Jan 21, 2012
✟481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And as a Christian, Christ told Us,

....“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
Luke 10:27

The word "shall" states the future...We don't have a choice; We shall love the Lord our God.

That is exactly what I was saying. We don't have a choice. It's either, love God or be thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone. :( There is no choice, no free will, no decision to make. Only a fool would choose to go to hell, so we are forced to love God.

Upvote 0

Patroklos

God is wrath
Jan 21, 2012
✟481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's nothing wrong with being forced to love God...I get the sense, from your, ":(", that you think it's a bad thing.

Well it's not "love."

If I were to say to a girl, "Love me or else I will kill you and torture you forever," that's not really love. It's like putting a gun to someone's head and demanding they love you.

God can do it, because he's GOD - all-powerful, all-knowing, all-everything. But for a human to try that... they'd be SICK!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

DreamerOfHearts

Very good points, though Scripture keeps this plain. For instance, one of my friends pointed out "Revelation is psych warfare, I recognize that because I learned that in psy ops in 'the army'". True. But it is also true "blessed are those who bear these words in mind, keep them in their heart".

On The Law, we are not under the Law. It is very simple. The Law is done away with. Pork? Raw pork could kill people. Who doesn't like bacon, though. Shell fish? Same thing. Tattoos... that is not what that verse is about. Does anyone really think Jesus cares so much about tattoos?

The Law is spiritual and people should not pretend it is otherwise.

A lot of people have ASPERGER'S SYNDROME and do not know it... they have problems with **metaphor**.

Belief... I do a ton of work by belief. Also life stuff. For instance, if I believe my wife, Lillith, is the best wife for me, no other woman has a chance. Unless, of course, they know otherwise and know for a fact they would be better for me. Then their belief would trump mine, if true, or should we say... more true then what I am believing.

And they would win. But we get tested on truth or how true something is.

Very, very deep lies. Not good. Because when it all gets tested is all the deeper of the burn.

When the Israelites were in the desert, they lacked faith... and were punished for it... **not** because of Moses. But because of the Archangel Michael, Jesus, who led them. Moses was "like God" to them because of the Archangel and their knowledge.

Whatever we want in life, we need belief to do it.

Lake of fire... "it has no power over us", period. We are saved and have the Spirit of God. We all go through the fire, but it has no power over us. After the fire, it is over and done with.

Anyway, my two cents.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
That is exactly what I was saying. We don't have a choice. It's either, love God or be thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone. :( There is no choice, no free will, no decision to make. Only a fool would choose to go to hell, so we are forced to love God.

I'm sorry but..you're not making sense.

You do have a choice. You have a choice to reject Christ, just like all who have already rejected Christ have done. You can either accept God's free gift of salvation, or not.

That's a choice. There is free will involved in that choice. Again, (and I asked this on page 1 but you didn't answer) I gotta ask, why, if you're a Christian, would you not want to love God, or realize that through God loving us, He died for us and saved us from our sins? Let me ask you something:

Knowing that, why would you NOT want to love God? That's a pure and simple question. If you know what God did for you, and believe it's real, why would you NOT want to love God? I truly want an answer.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well it's not "love."

If I were to say to a girl, "Love me or else I will kill you and torture you forever," that's not really love. It's like putting a gun to someone's head and demanding they love you.

God can do it, because he's GOD - all-powerful, all-knowing, all-everything. But for a human to try that... they'd be SICK!
I'm still waiting for you to show me in the bible where God says "Love me or go to hell."

Upvote 0

Arc Angel

Deus Vult!
Oct 13, 2003
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟191.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
....... Tattoos... that is not what that verse is about. Does anyone really think Jesus cares so much about tattoos?

You're kidding, right! Sacred Scripture teaches us that, 'Christ fulfilled The Law - ALL of The Law! This, of course, means that Christ DID care about tattoos. In fact He would have scrupulously avoided them.

Ref: Leviticus 19:28

The Law is spiritual and people should not pretend it is otherwise. .......

The Law is, also, equally physical. It is the material tenets of The Law that should govern and decide all forms of physical behavior. The precise mechanism The Law uses is, both, directed emotional and mental impulses. (That, 'psy ops' methodology to which you have already referred.)

Belief... I do a ton of work by belief. Also life stuff. For instance, if I believe my wife, Lillith, is the best wife for me, no other woman has a chance. .......

Whoa, that is a terrible example of - What did you call it? - Asperger's Syndrome. Surely, you could have come up with a less offensive metonymic insinuation. Then again, perhaps, your wife's name really is, 'Lillith' - In which case (Gasp!) the remark suddenly becomes entirely comprehensible.

Upvote 0

BrookeGF

Dec 27, 2011
South Carolina
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're kidding, right! Sacred Scripture teaches us that, 'Christ fulfilled The Law - ALL of The Law! This, of course, means that Christ DID care about tattoos. In fact He would have scrupulously avoided them.

Ref: Leviticus 19:28

Sorry to jump in, but are you tying to say that we are still under the Mosaic Law?

Upvote 0