Midwest
✟15,378.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Over the last few weeks, I have come to ask myself exactly what faith has done for me. I have to wonder if it has really made a difference in me or not. I have to be honest, I can't see any difference. I can't see how having faith has changed any of the decisions I have made, at least for the better. Faith hasn't changed how I approach people, or how I treat them.

Faith hasn't improved my opinion of myself. I am still just as angry and self-defeating. I still hate the work I am doing. I am still just as confused as to where I am, and where I am going. I still feel that my very existence is a waste of raw material.

I find that my morning prayers and devotions have become daily repeatative motions. I find no solace in them.

So, those of you of stronger stuff than I, answer me this, why should I continue? Why shouldn't drop my belief like a hot potato, and go about my own business? What am I missing? What should I be getting out of my faith, that apparently, I am not?

Cze

LuxPerpetua

I am, therefore I love
Feb 7, 2004
Ohio
✟8,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
cze_026 said:
Why shouldn't drop my belief like a hot potato, and go about my own business?

Because God loves you, and living a life for him will bring you happiness and peace that nothing else can.

cze_026 said:
What am I missing?

How often do you spend time studying God's Word and just listening to him? When you pray, how do you pray? Do you have Christian friends or leaders who can help you in your relationship with Christ? Do you need to find a church that better suits your needs?

cze_026 said:
What should I be getting out of my faith, that apparently, I am not?

A personal friendship with God.

Since I don't know you personally, I can only give vague answers. I really hope this helps. Perhaps you should re-examine HOW you are approaching and interacting with God in your prayer time and daily life.

Best wishes! :prayer:

Upvote 0

educk

Dec 29, 2003
Earth
✟328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
cze

When our faith becomes routine or a ritual, then we seem to move away from God and start asking questions like this. The best thing you can do is dump this question on God, just like you posted it here. Ask Him why? And don't make reading your Bible and praying the answer. Those are just tools to get you to Him. The Question and the Answer is always the Son.

Upvote 0

flyfishing

Feb 6, 2004
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
cze_026 said:
Over the last few weeks, I have come to ask myself exactly what faith has done for me. I have to wonder if it has really made a difference in me or not. I have to be honest, I can't see any difference. I can't see how having faith has changed any of the decisions I have made, at least for the better. Faith hasn't changed how I approach people, or how I treat them.

Faith hasn't improved my opinion of myself. I am still just as angry and self-defeating. I still hate the work I am doing. I am still just as confused as to where I am, and where I am going. I still feel that my very existence is a waste of raw material.

I find that my morning prayers and devotions have become daily repeatative motions. I find no solace in them.

So, those of you of stronger stuff than I, answer me this, why should I continue? Why shouldn't drop my belief like a hot potato, and go about my own business? What am I missing? What should I be getting out of my faith, that apparently, I am not?

Cze

Hi let me ask you something. The wording of your post is interesting as a visiting minister said the same thing about his life as a young christian. people around him saw the changes,he did not.

if you have reached a dry spell, read 2Chronincles 7: 12-15. Coincedentally this is the text of the scripture for the Bible study i am doing tonight. When times are tough and it feels like all is not working is the time to pray more fervently. Luke 18;1 tells us that man ought always to pray and not to faint.

there are times that believers go through a wilderness experience but if you hang in there soon you will find the promised land. When you do romans 8;18 tells us that we will forget the struggles in comparison to the glory we recieve.

Dont ever give up friend. JESUS please touch this need in cze.. his heart needs to fellowship with you. Show him the way.

Upvote 0

flyfishing

Feb 6, 2004
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
iktca said:
CZE_026,

If your faith is what you described, then you are in the right mind to question your faith. I agree. Your faith is not worth much.

According to the bible, many had the faith that meant a lot to them. Some even died while defending the faith. To some others faith gave the power to endure hardships. To others faith gave peace and comfort. To others faith gave food and healing. What does your faith give to you? What do you want faith to do for you?

Where can you get the faith that you want? Who gives faith? Have you looked around who can give the kind of faith that you want to have? Who is the beginner of faith?

I believe you are doing the right thing. I hope you will find the answer, and faith.

Iktca you are right in that The LORD desires us to be either hot or cold. But i cannot discern from this writing whether cze is going through a wilderness experience or is trying to hold on to both worlds.

Cze talk to someone and ask them to pray for you.. Someone who is really mature. If you would like to discuss details offline i would be happy to talk. however i feel thatas proverbs says a friend that is closer is better than a brother far away. So ask the lord to lead you to someone who will share his truths with you.. Someone who will physically hug you and pray with you...

Upvote 0

JesusInMyHeart

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
✟608.00
Faith
Christian
:prayer:

1. Your role...James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.

** Your role: Read James 1:1, Matthew 25:14-30 In what ways are you currently serving the Lord and others? In what ways do you think God wants you to be a servant in the coming year?

2. Your reason for rejoicing...James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

** Your reason for rejoicing: Read James 1:2-4, 2 Cor 1:3-5 What problem(s) are you facing right now? How will these problems help you grow and mature as a Christian?

3. Your reaction to problems... James 1:5-8 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

** Your reaction to problems: Read James 1:5-8, Psalms 119:92,24,77,143-144 How have you inappropriately been reacting to problems recently? What do you think God wants you to begin doing instead?

4. Your riches... James 1:9-11 The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.

** Your riches: Read James 1:9-11, Phil 4:12-13, I Tim 6:6-8 At this time in your life, do you feel you’re richer in “faith”, “money & stuff” or “neither”? What are the advantages of having a richer faith in your life?

5. Your response to others...James 1:19-20 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

** Your response to others: Read James 1:19-20, Prov 10:19, 13:3, 17:27, 18:13, 21:23 Who has been making you angry lately? Why? What should you begin to do differently in light of these verses?

6. Your responsibility to the Word of God...James 1:21-22 Get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

** Your responsibility to the Word of God: Read James 1:21-25 What can you do differently in your life to help make sure you are reading God’s Word 10-15 minutes each day? From your Bible reading &/or sermons you’ve heard, what is something God wants you to start doing?

7. Your christian duty... James 1:26-27 If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

** Your christian duty: Read: James 1:26-27 Are you keeping a tight rein on your tongue? What is polluting your life these days? What single woman/widow or young person or people do you know is in distress these days? What can you do to help?

8. Have a faith that refreshes others: James 2:15,16 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?

** Have a faith that refreshes others: Read James 2:15-16, Hebrews 6:10 Do you know anyone who has some specific financial or material needs? How can you personally help them within the next week?

9. Have a heart rich in mercy... James 2:12,13 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!

** Have a heart rich in mercy: Read James 2:12,13, Matt 18:32-35 If God forgave you for the sins you committed against him, is there anyone you need to forgive who has wronged you? What happens if you refuse?

10. Have a right relationship with Christ and respond to His leading... James 2:19-22 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder. Do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

** Have a right relationship with Christ and respond to His leading Read... James 2:19-22, John 3:18, Acts 22:10 Based on John 3:18, when/how did you become “right” with God. What did Paul ask of God in Acts 22:10? Please pray right now and ask Jesus the same question.

11. The reckless rudder... James 3:4-6NLT A tiny rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot wants it to go, even though the winds are strong. So also, the tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do. A tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is full of wickedness that can ruin your whole life. It can turn the entire course of your life into a blazing flame of destruction, for it is set on fire by hell itself. Prov 12:18-19 Reckless words pierce(=wound, cut) like a sword (=a dagger), but the tongue of the wise brings healing (=wholeness, remedies, solutions). Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying (=deceitful, false) tongue lasts only a moment (=a very short time, wink of the eye).

** The reckless rudder... Read: James 3:4-12, Prov 12:18-19 When has your tongue/words got you in trouble this week? When did you use your tongue/words to be an encouragement to someone?

12. The recommended remedy... James 3:13-14 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. Eph 2:8-10 It is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

** The recommended remedy... Read: James 3:13-14, Eph 2:8-10 What are 1 or 2 ways you know God is using your life right now? Do you think there are some other ways God wants to use your life? Starting today, begin to pray: “Lord, show me new ways you want to use me in other people’s lives.”

13. The rough road... James 3:14-16 If you harbor bitter (=piercing, caustic, cutting) envy (=jealousy, stirred up fervent emotions) and selfish ambition (=strife and anger) in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder (=confusion, instability, commotion) and every evil (=flawed, foul) practice.

** The rough road... Read: James 3:14-16 Looking back over your life, who or what has most upset you? Do you recall any wrong expectations, attitudes or actions that you had during that time that contributed to this painful time? If you still harbor pain in your heart, are you willing to pray and forgive the person or persons that hurt you and ask God to bring fresh healing to your life?

14. The right road... James 3:17-18 The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure (=clean, innocent, moral); then peace-loving (=pleasant, welcoming), considerate (=mild, patient, appropriate), submissive (easily discussed/talked about, friendly), full of mercy (=compassion) and good fruit (=beneficial, tasteful results), impartial (=without favoritism) and sincere (without hypocrisy). 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

** The right road... Read: James 3:17-18 What problem area in your life do you need help with? Which 2 or 3 things from the list in James 3:17-18, do you know you need to keep in focus as you look for God’s solutions to the problems you are facing.

15. Live patiently in light of the Lord’s promised return... James 5:7-9 Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! 1 Cor 15:51-52 But let me tell you a wonderful secret God has revealed to us. Not all of us will die, but we will all be transformed. It will happen in a moment, in the blinking of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, the Christians who have died will be raised with transformed bodies. And then we who are living will be transformed so that we will never die.

** Live patiently in light of the Lord’s promised return... Read: James 5:5-9, 1 Cor 15:51-52 What has been upsetting you lately or who have you been grumbling about? How would you act differently if you knew the Lord Jesus was coming back tomorrow or if you found out He was listening on the other side of the door?

16. Respond to life Biblically... James 5:13-16 Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

** Respond to life Biblically... Read: James 5:13-16 How are you doing in life right now - - are you having troubles? Are you happy? Are you sick? Depending on your situation, what does God want you to be doing? If you’ve sinned recently, what does God want you to do?

Faith In Action:

James 1 - 5.......

James 1

"They entered into a covenant to seek the LORD…with all their heart and soul…They sought God eagerly, and he was found by them.” 2 Chr 15:12,15

Your role---> Read James 1:1, Matthew 25:14-30

Your reason for rejoicing---> Read James 1:2-4, 2 Cor 1:3-5

Your reaction to problems---> Read James 1:5-8, Psalms 119:92,24,77,143-144

Your riches---> Read James 1:9-11, Phil 4:12-13, I Tim 6:6-8

Your response to others---> Read James 1:19-20, Prov 10:19, 13:3, 17:27, 18:13, 21:23

Your responsibility to the Word of God Read---> James 1:21-25

Your duty---> Read: James 1:2

James 2

“Those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.” Ps 34:10

Have the right perspective about people---> Read James 2:1, I Sam 16:7, Prov 28:21-23, Lev 19:15, Deut 10:17-19, 2 Chron 19:7

Have respect for all people in a way that reflects the love of Christ---> Read James 2:2-4, John 3:16, 1 Cor 1:26-31.

Have the royal rule as your guide---> Read James 2:8, Lev 19:18

Have the right understanding about your own sin---> Jam 2:9, Rom 3:23, Rev 21:27

Have a heart rich in mercy---> Read James 2:12,13, Matt 18:32-35

Have a faith that refreshes others---> Read James 2:15-16, Hebrews 6:10

Have a right relationship with Christ and respond to His leading---> Read James 2:19-22, John 3:18, Acts 22:10

James 3

“All who seek the LORD will praise him. Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy.” Ps 22:26NLT

The reality---> Read: James 3:2, Ecc 7:20, Isa 64:5, Pr 24:16

The reckless rudder---> Read: James 3:4-12, Prov 12:18-19

The recommended remedy---> Read: James 3:13-14, Eph 2:8-10

The rough road---> Read: James 3:14-16

The right road---> Read: James 3:17-18

James 4

“Come near to God and He will come near to you.” James 4:8

Recognize your real battle---> Read: James 4:1-3

Resist loving this passing world---> Read: James 4:4, 1 John 2:15-17

Run to God and resist the devil---> Read: James 4:6-10

Refuse to slander and judge others---> Read: James 4:11-12, Zech 7:10

Realize the brevity of life and get right with God and others---> Read: James 4:13-17

James 5

Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Heb 11:6

Beware of the misuse of riches---> Read: James 5:1-5, Ezek 16:4

Live patiently in light of the Lord’s promised return---> Read: James 5:5-9, 1 Cor 15:51-52

Remember to guard your words---> Read: James 5:12, Ps 141:3, 15:1-4

Respond to life Biblically---> Read: James 5:13-16

Help lovingly restore the wanderers---> Read: James 5:19-20, Gal 6:1, 1 Peter 4:8

God Bless
:pray:

Upvote 0

looksgood

Veteran
Sep 19, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟17,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good questions iktca. I myself have been through a time of trail of faith. I asked the same questions as cze. In the end I tried to drop it I guess you could say. At least thats what I thought. I walked in the way of the world. I allowed myself to become a bigger sinner than ever. Yet there was something naging me. Nothing would satisfy because I met God. And some way or another I asked for help. I asked mercy. But I seen nothing for several years. Still I believed by faith that no matter what happend, God would come back for me. I believed some how He would help. Sure enough He did. He gave me a direction, and courage to change. Whats more is He gave courage to continue. And now that I have come through the test, I came out stronger in faith than I went in.

iktca said:
What does your faith give to you?
I would like to answer these for myself. For me faith has given me strength to continue trusting God for my end. It lets me know God will not let me down, and it gives me patians to wait on Him when I seem to be in the dark. It gives me reason to continue. It gives me hope that my end will be greater than the begining.

What do you want faith to do for you?
To please God, and to hold on to Him.

Where can you get the faith that you want?
Faith comes from hearing the truth of Gods word. I gain faith from what I have read in the bible, heard from Gods servents, and heard from God in my times of prayer.

Who gives faith? Have you looked around who can give the kind of faith that you want to have? Who is the beginner of faith?
Thank God for this. Faith comes from God. He gave faith to all men. But it is only active and alive when we place it in Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

flyfishing

Feb 6, 2004
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
iac said:
You say your faith has changed nothing? Then do you really have true faith? Like it says in the Bible, your faith is shown by your works and if you have not works... do you have faith?

I am sorry but you are taking that scripture out of context. it basically means that if you believe in CHRIST your life should reflect such. It could be argued that he is disappointed because he was fed a bill of goods by the prosperity teachers of the day and is disappointed because his bread has not come back onthe water to him. True faith my friend does not always change circumstances "immediately or in our timing". It does however change us..

A neglected teaching in the church is that even though our sins are forgiven when we come to CHRIST we still have to reap some of the bad seeds sown in the past. For exmple if we came to christ in a financial mess,then it may take time for things to get straightened out.

To answer the original question, why should i still believe? Because look at the alternative, hell a real place.. Hope that pus it in perspective. If in this life only i have hope in christ i am of all men most miserable...

Upvote 0

iac

Jesus Saves
Nov 26, 2003
MO
Visit site
✟4,172.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
flyfishing said:
I am sorry but you are taking that scripture out of context. it basically means that if you believe in CHRIST your life should reflect such. It could be argued that he is disappointed because he was fed a bill of goods by the prosperity teachers of the day and is disappointed because his bread has not come back onthe water to him. True faith my friend does not always change circumstances "immediately or in our timing". It does however change us..

A neglected teaching in the church is that even though our sins are forgiven when we come to CHRIST we still have to reap some of the bad seeds sown in the past. For exmple if we came to christ in a financial mess,then it may take time for things to get straightened out.

To answer the original question, why should i still believe? Because look at the alternative, hell a real place.. Hope that pus it in perspective. If in this life only i have hope in christ i am of all men most miserable...

You obviously didn't get my point.

If I live my entire life living like a demon but then I think I was "saved", and nothing changes and I continue to live the way I did before, chances are that I wasn't really saved, and therefore I did not have true faith.

That's what I'm saying and that's what James was saying.

James 2:14-17 "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well feed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

I just want him to look in himself and see if there are any actions or deeds to be evidence of true faith. Maybe it is a said faith that he has, but not a true faith, that may be the whole problem. Of course, it is not my place to say whether he does or not, I just want him to be sure if it was genuine in the first place.

Okey dokey?

Upvote 0

Tandiwe

Dec 3, 2003
Birmingham
Visit site
✟155.00
Faith
Christian
Because Jesus loves you, because He died for you and because God created us to have fellowship with Him. You are unique, there is no one else exactly like you the whole wide world and God has a purpose for your existence.

About faith, Hebrews 13 expounds on this subject at length. Verse 1 of Hebrews 13 reads, "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (NIV) Ask God for His indwelling spirit, for "It is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose." Phil 2vs13.(NIV)

The Bible is full of wonderful verses which testify God's good purpose in our lives.

May the Lord Bless you dear friend and reveal His wonderful love in your life.

It is my personal belief that as long as body and soul are together, life is worth living and noone is ever a waste.

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
cze_026 said:

Cze

Based on what you say in your last line I think it would be the best thing you can do. Get rid of it quick smart. You don't need a belief system, which is what you have, you need Faith, Real Faith. :)

It took me awhile to work out there is a difference between "believing in Jesus" and having "faith in Jesus". The first is little more than a system of A+B+C = D. The second is about trusting someone irrespective of what is happening within or around you. Having faith means to take Jesus on His Word without proof, without guarantee except His say so. For example Jesus said "I am with you always". We can believe that statement to be true but all that amounts to is belief in a statement. However trusting that Jesus is indeed with us, whether we "see or feel" that presence or not, now that's faith!
What will you get out of it? You have read the scriptures haven't you? Did you not notice David standing against Goliath or Elijah at Mt. Carmel? Did you miss reading how Abraham could pack up few possessions and walk out into the "unknown". Or what about Paul facing all those beatings? I like the bit where the viper bites him and everyone's watching, waiting for him to "croak it". Can you imagine the look on their faces when Paul continues on his merry way. LOL
:sigh: There are times when I read those stories and realise where I come to the end of my faith. Thankfully, faith is not static, it keeps growing the more you use it. May I suggest you find the place where you can indeed trust God and proceed from that point. For me it began believing God could save me but I didn't in anyway believe He would save me. Guess what? I was right and wrong. Praise the Lord! :clap:
Now you're most probably thinking I'm a real "B" for saying what I have. You could well be right! LOL But I know that faith really does move mountains and if you are not even seeing "ant hills" getting moved then .......????
Look at at it this way, if nothing else, faith will give you the "power to persevere" so you won't have to dump God. :)
I'm here to help you if I can..and if your game! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daily Miracle

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟548.00
Faith
Christian
Cze,

When I feel doubt, I don't question my faith, I question myself. I pray to God that he will help me answer my questions about myself "honestly". Let me be honest with myself, let me look at myself unbiasly, let me see the errors of my ways.

If I feel unrewarded, I have to ask myself what I did that deserves God's blessings? Sometimes the answer is "nothing". If I am praying for enormous rewards, am I applying equally TO God or am I asking to receive more than I am willing to give?

If I feel unsatisified, I have to ask myself if I'm seeking God's attention, or that of man for my own ego. Sometimes I find the answer is that I want someone (man) to pat me on the back, and I then realize I'm seeking gratification through someone other than God.

When I feel like my current situations are no better after following God's word, I have to ask myself if I'm merely experiencing the outcomes caused by my sins before I found God.

Flyfishing hit the nail on the head with "people around him saw the changes,he did not." God knows when you are choosing His path, and He knows that path is the hardest to follow, but the rewards are plenty. Your examples are benefiting those around you even if you don't know it. Your actions may be changing the outcome of events around you, even though you don't see it.

The last thing I have to keep in mind is "who am I to expect anything from God?" Through God's grace, I am in awe of the way He works, and rather than expect Him to reward my deeds...I am thankful that He would even consider to heal or reward someone as lowly as I.

Upvote 0

Pseud

Jesus Geek
Sep 15, 2003
US
Visit site
✟16,195.00
Faith
Christian
I suggest keep doing what you're already doing but also... do a little extra to please God. Try doing one good deed a day, every day. Be more Christ like, go out of your way a little bit more to help someone. I've just come out of spell where I wasn't getting anywhere in my relationship, and before when it's happened I've found it's because God's been waiting for me to do something, to move ahead. More often than not He'd been telling me to do it for a period beforehand, but such is the human nature, i resisted...anyway... I'm back on track, and I'll pray that the Lord will make it clear to you, what must happen for your fellowship with God to be intense again.

What is this wilderness experience that was mentioned earlier in this thread?

Upvote 0

Count

Apr 27, 2004
Athens
✟15,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
educk said:
cze

When our faith becomes routine or a ritual, then we seem to move away from God and start asking questions like this. The best thing you can do is dump this question on God, just like you posted it here. Ask Him why? And don't make reading your Bible and praying the answer. Those are just tools to get you to Him. The Question and the Answer is always the Son.
Amen.

cze, however willing someone is to give you the right answer, don't forget that we are men and men often easily confuse or get confused. The only one who eventually give the right answer is the Son, because He is the Answer. And you know what, that Answer dwells in you.

I would say more, but I am afraid that you will be more confused instead of clarified. I hope one day you will not only have the answer by Him, but also you will know Him as your Answer.(when you know Him as the Answer, you won't need to ask Him at all)

Upvote 0